Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-12-2017, 12:58 PM

2,096 posts, read 2,326,478 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CLT4 View Post
When you might buy at some point, are you looking for a single family home at $275k or a townhome / condo?

If you want to be closer to the mountains and shorten the drive time up to there for weekend fun (since you said outdoorsy), I'd recommend living in the lake region (Huntersville, Cornelius, Davidson, Mooresville) or west of Charlotte in areas like Belmont. You could get some kayaks for fun on the lakes and rivers as well.
Single family or townhome would be acceptable
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-12-2017, 12:58 PM

751 posts, read 934,989 times
Without kids (ie: without regard for schools), I'd try and stay as close to the city as budget would allow. Dilworth/South End/Noda/etc. That's more "life" advice than anything else though since it seems most people with kids move further out into the suburbs and you may not get that chance again for a while.

If the benefits of living in trendy areas/nearer to the city don't mean anything to you, then the other recommendations above all fit what you're looking for. I haven't seen anything on Lake Wylie, but that may also be an area to look into if you'd rather have the quieter nature-y vibe.

Old 12-12-2017, 01:31 PM

2,412 posts, read 2,699,794 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UDcc123 View Post
Without kids (ie: without regard for schools), I'd try and stay as close to the city as budget would allow. Dilworth/South End/Noda/etc. That's more "life" advice than anything else though since it seems most people with kids move further out into the suburbs and you may not get that chance again for a while.

If the benefits of living in trendy areas/nearer to the city don't mean anything to you, then the other recommendations above all fit what you're looking for. I haven't seen anything on Lake Wylie, but that may also be an area to look into if you'd rather have the quieter nature-y vibe.
Great suggestions! I'd echo that too. Those areas have lots of new people your age which can help for making friends. Many of the apartments are rather social and near active bars and breweries.

Old 12-12-2017, 01:36 PM

23,814 posts, read 34,688,469 times
West of Charlotte are Crowders Mountain State Park in Gaston County. Kings Mountain State Park is in South Carolina & Kings Mountain battlefield is a Revolutionary War battlefield which is also just across the state line in South Carolina, & a national park, if that's what you mean by parks.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte