Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-20-2008, 12:33 PM

2 posts, read 22,165 times

Advertisements

Some friends and I are planning a weekend getaway to Charlotte, North Carolina in early April. And we would love to know the best places to shop, dine, and of course party. We all are professional women who grind day in and day out & would love to know where the best venues are for the Grown & Sexy to greet and meet.

Last edited by essence77; 03-20-2008 at 01:03 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-20-2008, 12:38 PM
NCN

21,657 posts, read 25,493,558 times
When our daughter brought her daughter and granddaughter to visit, she wanted to shop at Carolina Place Mall. I don't know about grown and sexy, so someone else will have to answer that.

Old 03-20-2008, 12:50 PM

392 posts, read 1,179,516 times
Hi essence!

I am the world's biggest proponent of Girlfriend Getaways. Have done so many over the years, I have lost count. Happy to hear you are choosing Charlotte for your next one! You are going to love it.

I gotta run (heading out... shopping in Charlotte, of course), but I wanted to rattle off a couple of places to ya to research further and tell you to have fun!!!!! Uptown, Southpark, Dilworth, Ballantyne, just to name A FEW! There are cool boutiques all over the place. I know others will chime in, so I'm gonna run and leave you in good hands.

Old 03-20-2008, 12:55 PM

777 posts, read 2,554,816 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by essence77 View Post
Some friends and I are planning a weekend getaway to Charlotte, North Carolina in early April. And we would love to know the best places to shop, dine, and of course party. We all are professional women who grind day in and day out & would love to know where the best venues are for the Grown & Sexy greet and meet.
I am a little out of the uptown scene, but M5, next to the SouthPark mall is new hot night spot for the "professional" adult. Also, next door is the The Grape (wine bar). Both have live music on weekends and outdoor patios. SouthPark is also the premier upscale mall in NC/SC. There are tons of great restuarants/bars/winebars in the SouthPark area.

If I were setting up shop for a weekend and liked the southpark area, I would stay at the DoubleTree in Southpark. You would have an easy walk to most any restuarant/bar in the southpark area.

Harpers Restaurant (http://www.harpersrestaurants.com/m5.html - broken link)

The Grape - The Ultimate Wine Experience (http://thegrape.com/winebar/winebar.htm - broken link)

Dolcetto Wine Room - Home

http://www.simon.com/mall/directory.aspx?ID=788

Rooster's Wood-Fired Kitchen (http://www.roosterskitchen.com/home.html - broken link)

Doubletree Guest Suites Charlotte North Carolina Hotel - Southpark Area Hotel - Charlotte, NC Hotels

Uptown is another option but there is basically zero shopping there. There is however, 110 resturant and 50 bars...although it is a "younger crowd", depending on where you go. If you want to party down, uptown is the place. If you want to hang with the girls drinking wine/martini's w/o feeling "old" (I feel old uptown sometimes and I am early 30's), then the upscale SouthPark is my suggestion.

Have Fun!

Old 03-20-2008, 01:05 PM

2 posts, read 22,165 times
Thanks a Million for all the information! I check these sites/places out. Have a great weekend!

Old 03-20-2008, 02:48 PM

1,852 posts, read 5,195,016 times
Depends on what you want and what crowd you want. Southpark mall, Dillworth and Birkdale are popular, different ends of the city, for shopping. Uptown is the club/bar/resteraunt scene. Feast/HOM is new and trendy, but mostly just walking down Tryon you will see plenty of places to check out. Thats after March Madness, Football is over and no big races so the NC guys may be out and about as well. If you shop at Birkdale I highly recommend eating at EZFusion, if you like Sushi.

Last edited by Whytewulf; 03-20-2008 at 03:25 PM..

Old 03-20-2008, 02:50 PM

35,879 posts, read 77,093,118 times
Interested in shopping only or want to do a day spa? Let me know what area you are staying in (and I would recommend SouthPark, also, unless you want to stay in Ballantyne at the resort there - and do a spa weekend). Once I find out the area you are staying in . . . I can make some rec's on day spas, if that is something you would enjoy doing.

I am sure you are familiar w/ all the shopping at SouthPark, right?

Old 03-20-2008, 03:01 PM

57 posts, read 207,629 times
I would stay at the Hampton Inn at Phillips Place There is a Modern Salon there to grab a facial or a mani/pedi....lots of shops - Restoration Hardware and some women's shops, as well as Smith & Hawkin. The Palm and PF Chang is there as well, plus a cool Dean & Deluca wine bar. Just around the corner is the Southpark Mall with lots of upscale shopping! Have a blast

Old 03-20-2008, 03:04 PM

35,879 posts, read 77,093,118 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mchristiansen1021 View Post
I would stay at the Hampton Inn at Phillips Place There is a Modern Salon there to grab a facial or a mani/pedi....lots of shops - Restoration Hardware and some women's shops, as well as Smith & Hawkin. The Palm and PF Chang is there as well, plus a cool Dean & Deluca wine bar. Just around the corner is the Southpark Mall with lots of upscale shopping! Have a blast
Nice suggestions! And spa right there . . .

Old 03-20-2008, 03:13 PM

2,560 posts, read 8,515,782 times
I would stay in Uptown Charlotte. Central location. You could go NORTHEAST up I-85 for about 15 minutes and you would be at Concord Mills Outlet Mall.

You could go 10 minutes NORTH up I-77 to NorthLake Mall (newest mall in Charlotte).

Or go about 15 minutes SOUTH to SouthPark Mall (more Upscale mall).

Or go about 15-20 minutes SOUTH down I-77 to Carolina Place Mall in Pineville.

Plus there are several restaurants and clubs within walking distance of Uptown.

SouthPark is a nice place to stay to but not as central and not as many choices of restaurants or nightlife.

GOOD LUCK!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte