U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 03-20-2008, 09:18 PM
 
4 posts, read 8,856 times
Reputation: 10

Advertisements

Would I have to get my Drivers License in the city I live in or could I go to Gastonia to take my drivers license tests?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 03-20-2008, 09:26 PM
 
Location: The 12th State
22,974 posts, read 58,516,698 times
Reputation: 14918
You can get your drivers license and tags in any county within this state.
For more detail of items you will need
NCDOT Division of Motor Vehicles: Applying for a Driver License or Learner Permit?
__________________
[B][COLOR=DarkOrchid]Im the moderator for
[/COLOR][/B][URL="http://www.city-data.com/forum/north-carolina/"]North Carolina main forum[/URL]
[URL="http://www.city-data.com/forum/greensboro-winston-salem-high-point/"]Triad [/URL]
[URL="http://www.city-data.com/forum/coastal-north-carolina/"]Coastal [/URL]
[URL="http://www.city-data.com/forum/western-north-carolina/"]Western [/URL]
[URL="http://www.city-data.com/forum/charlotte/"]Charlotte [/URL]
[URL="http://www.city-data.com/forum/york-lancaster-counties/"]York & Lancaster[/URL]

[URL="http://www.city-data.com/forumtos.html"]Terms of Service. No advertising, no copyrighted material, no personal attacks[/URL]
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-20-2008, 10:31 PM
 
4 posts, read 8,856 times
Reputation: 10
Does anyone know the fastest / best location around other than the Charlotte Area? I hate standing in line for hrs and hrs...

Thx
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-21-2008, 05:23 AM
 
Location: Charlotte, NC
624 posts, read 1,889,868 times
Reputation: 563
SunnyKayak has been putting multiple threads together to kinda consolidate these questions into one area. You'll be able to find most/all of your answers within these threads.

Threads on North Carolina Auto Registration, Taxes, Inspection, Driver's License
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-21-2008, 08:51 AM
 
Location: Charlotte, NC
3,356 posts, read 8,869,597 times
Reputation: 1932
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jdeep49045 View Post
Does anyone know the fastest / best location around other than the Charlotte Area? I hate standing in line for hrs and hrs...

Thx
Make an appointment, I did had to wait a month for the appointment, was in and out the door at Independence in 25 mins with licence in hand.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-21-2008, 09:14 AM
 
Location: Back in the Mitten. Formerly NC
3,819 posts, read 5,184,909 times
Reputation: 5259
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jdeep49045 View Post
Does anyone know the fastest / best location around other than the Charlotte Area? I hate standing in line for hrs and hrs...

Thx
It could be a bit of a drive depending on where you live, but the office in Salisbury is fast. After waiting three times in Mooresville, I gave up. I couldn't get there in time for a number because of my job. I usually got there at 3:45 and they wouldn't give me a number, but I was welcome to wait. All three times I stuck around until 4:30 and gave up. In those three trips, I never saw more than 2 people get called back in one day. I went to the Salisbury office and the waiting room was packed. I had to stand. Yet, I was out of there in under 30 minutes. Including the computer test. And, after I got there, it slowed down. People were almost getting called straight back.
The Salisbury office is off of 85, exit 70. They even have signs to direct you there.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-21-2008, 09:25 AM
 
Location: The 12th State
22,974 posts, read 58,516,698 times
Reputation: 14918
That is weird I went to the Mooresville location last week without an appointment around 1 p.m and I was out of there in 30 minutes.
I did think I was going to be there for awhile. The number I was given was 324 and on video screen they was calling back 150 and 154 but apparently that is not done in numerical order.
I believe that facilty is new.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaynarie View Post
It could be a bit of a drive depending on where you live, but the office in Salisbury is fast. After waiting three times in Mooresville, I gave up. I couldn't get there in time for a number because of my job. I usually got there at 3:45 and they wouldn't give me a number, but I was welcome to wait. All three times I stuck around until 4:30 and gave up. In those three trips, I never saw more than 2 people get called back in one day. I went to the Salisbury office and the waiting room was packed. I had to stand. Yet, I was out of there in under 30 minutes. Including the computer test. And, after I got there, it slowed down. People were almost getting called straight back.
The Salisbury office is off of 85, exit 70. They even have signs to direct you there.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-21-2008, 09:50 AM
 
330 posts, read 932,462 times
Reputation: 304
There is an office in Mount Holly that is extremely fast.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-21-2008, 11:18 AM
 
Location: Back in the Mitten. Formerly NC
3,819 posts, read 5,184,909 times
Reputation: 5259
Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnyKayak View Post
That is weird I went to the Mooresville location last week without an appointment around 1 p.m and I was out of there in 30 minutes.
I did think I was going to be there for awhile. The number I was given was 324 and on video screen they was calling back 150 and 154 but apparently that is not done in numerical order.
I believe that facilty is new.
Maybe it's the time of the day! I don't know. I was talking to a guy while waiting the second time I was there and he was the last person to get a number and he arrived at 3:15. I guess I showed up everday about 15-30 minutes too late
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-21-2008, 12:14 PM
 
4 posts, read 8,856 times
Reputation: 10
I would be going in the morning... maybe the Independence location might be my best bet...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:



Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 12:41 PM.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top