U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-09-2018, 04:40 PM

3,411 posts, read 3,197,294 times

Advertisements

wcnc.com | EXCLUSIVE: Where the new Carolina Panthers stadium could be built
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-09-2018, 06:58 PM

5,153 posts, read 3,262,462 times
Sabates would not confirm to NBC Charlotte that he is looking at Miller's farm but he has said if his group does buy the Panthers, they would need a new domed stadium with parking for 20,000 cars.

Well, if they are looking for parking for 20,000 cars, Uptown is out.

Old 01-09-2018, 07:19 PM

5,869 posts, read 7,701,590 times
I canít imagine the city giving them anything if they move it out of uptown. Iím sure theyíd lose a ton in terms of the impact to uptown businesses. And thatís if a potential new suburban location is still within city limits. Of course if it moves to a surrounding county or state then they lose it completely.

The WCNC article didnít really clarify though if Mr Millerís property was in NC or SC, or both?

Old 01-09-2018, 08:19 PM

582 posts, read 1,196,870 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by urbancharlotte View Post
It's inevitable that the new owners of the Carolina Panthers will want significant upgrades to Bank of America Stadium at the least. I suspect that these mystery owners will prefer a new suburban stadium with lots of parking over refurbishing the current stadium. What are some good sites within our metro that can support an NFL stadium?

Personally, I think a stadium near Carowinds would be ideal. The stadium could be built near the park on the NC/SC state line. The 50 yard line would be the NC/SC state line. NC and SC could go 50/50 on the cost of this stadium. The revenue would be split between Meck and York counties. What are some other ideas?
Wow! Talk about a blast from the past. I havenít seen you post in almost 10 years. I myself havenít posted in years until last year. I remember the old ATL vs Charlotte threads. I donít even live in Atlanta anymore. Iím now in Dallas. That Great Recession was something else, but everything worked out in the end. Life is great now.

You still driving trucks?

Old 01-09-2018, 08:25 PM

570 posts, read 541,399 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cjseliga View Post
Sabates would not confirm to NBC Charlotte that he is looking at Miller's farm but he has said if his group does buy the Panthers, they would need a new domed stadium with parking for 20,000 cars.

Well, if they are looking for parking for 20,000 cars, Uptown is out.

Old 01-09-2018, 09:20 PM

376 posts, read 223,932 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoPhils View Post
The WCNC article didnít really clarify though if was in NC or SC, or both?
The related television news report indicated Mr Millerís property straddles the NC/SC border. Without recognizing naming rights would likely dictate any new stadium's name, farmer/land owner Miller joked a possible stadium could be called State Line Stadium.

If BofA Stadium potentially gets torn down and Amazon hypothetically albeit unlikely picks Charlotte ...

Old 01-09-2018, 09:41 PM

6,270 posts, read 9,993,341 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bgNCATL View Post
Wow! Talk about a blast from the past. I havenít seen you post in almost 10 years. I myself havenít posted in years until last year. I remember the old ATL vs Charlotte threads. I donít even live in Atlanta anymore. Iím now in Dallas. That Great Recession was something else, but everything worked out in the end. Life is great now.

You still driving trucks?
Still driving. What are your thoughts on a potential new stadium? Dallas is one of those markets with an expensive suburban NFL stadium.

Old 01-10-2018, 06:41 AM

3,356 posts, read 8,863,939 times
The article is a load of balderdash, only a small part is in Sc, see this from SCRA.

Steele Creek Residents Association
10 hrs ∑

This news story says a new Carolina Panthers stadium could be built in the Carowinds area. Their geography is a little off. The property actually is on the other side of I-77 inside the Pineville town limits. It more accurately would be called the "Pineville area." The property is north of Hwy 51 and east of Nations Ford Road. Take Carowinds Blvd south past I-77 until it changes to US Hwy 21. Take a left on Hwy 51 towards Pineville. When you see the flea market on the right, the Jim Miller farm buildings will be on the left. It's over 95% in NC with a little corner in SC. Although the Miller family owns 220 acres in this area, the area shown in the story is 140 acres, with 133 in NC and 7 in SC - not half in SC as the reporter suggested. The other 80 acres is to the northeast, contiguous to this property but not forming a compact area. They'd probably have to buy additional properties. Access might be a problem. Having thousands of cars head through downtown Pineville after a game would be a mess. Road improvements for access from I-77 would be a must.

Old 01-10-2018, 06:48 AM

1,453 posts, read 993,629 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Laowai View Post
The related television news report indicated Mr Miller’s property straddles the NC/SC border.
Mr. Miller's property is located here:
13328 ROCK HILL-PINEVILLE RD PINEVILLE NC 28134

It is the big farm and plot of land across from the Barnyard Flee Market. Their land holdings stretch all the way to Downs Road. The vast majority of the land is in Pineville town limits (the farm land), while the residential and commercial structures are on the corner of 51/Nations Ford Road on the South Carolina side of the border.

Major infrastructure improvements will be required to facilitate moving traffic in that area. I could also see the town of Pineville being opposed.

Old 01-10-2018, 08:07 AM

5,153 posts, read 3,262,462 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CLT4 View Post
Major infrastructure improvements will be required to facilitate moving traffic in that area. I could also see the town of Pineville being opposed.
I can only image all the traffic getting off of I-485 (inner loop) and using NC-51 (aka Main St. in Pineville) to get to the new stadium, good times, good times!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or