U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-21-2018, 02:01 PM

1,985 posts, read 1,383,447 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeeNicole View Post
You really have to follow to hear local crime stories, they are seldom reported in CLT news. Did you know about your McDonald's being robbed last week and the banks are always gettting hit up in WC.

It's interesting that I can watch the news and make the opposite conclusion. It seems like all they report on is crime from my perspective.

I wonder if there are any true measures of % of crime reported on by the new stations that we could reference?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-21-2018, 08:54 PM

11,717 posts, read 9,341,825 times
Charlotte is a city...

Cities have crime

The end.

Old 02-22-2018, 11:26 AM

311 posts, read 214,627 times
Quote:
You really have to follow to hear local crime stories, they are seldom reported in CLT news. Did you know about your McDonald's being robbed last week and the banks are always gettting hit up in WC.
Great. Haven't heard that. Thanks for the info - I guess.

Old 02-22-2018, 11:35 AM

Quote:

Are you referring to this story?

WATCH: Armed robbers hit McDonald

wcnc.com | Suspects wanted in string of armed robberies at multiple McDonald's locations

Old 02-22-2018, 07:26 PM

3,451 posts, read 3,132,169 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Feltdesigner View Post
Charlotte is a city...

Cities have crime

The end.
Lol....

Old 02-22-2018, 07:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Proud Father View Post
First, Since I work in Charlotte I’m not currently “sitting in a completely different state”. Second, offering suggestions is not a requirement to post but here’s some anyways: be less trashy, clean up your yard, maintain your home, look after your neighborhood, report suspicious people/activities. Don’t take things that aren’t yours. Don’t live under a bridge or in a forest off Tyvola exit of 77. Don’t push your stuff around in a shopping cart, unless you’re in a store. Don’t hold up signs at intersections asking for money. Stay off the roads during my commute. Don’t hang out in front of liquor stores. Close down pawn shops. Don’t eat fatty foods. Exercise. Replace your roof every 15yrs, budget for it. Realize turning the volume up as high as possible doesn’t make the song better. Don’t run red lights. The world is not your ashtray/garbage can.
Few more:Volunteer your time in the hood or struggling community to help and better understand people who don't look like you. Honestly realize everyone is one affliction or accident away from being a derelict (pushing a shopping cart or living under a bridge). Most times money can't fix crazy/break downs. Don't act like out you a damn when you really don't - be real about it. Substitute a few days a year in the "tough" schools, give a teacher a break. Adopt a highway. Show up for urban ministry 3 times a year to feed the homeless....you might recognize someone you know.

This might get you a few nods to get in the pearly gates...at least serious consideration.

Last edited by Big Aristotle; 02-22-2018 at 07:54 PM..

Old 02-22-2018, 07:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gypsyjudy View Post
Great. Haven't heard that. Thanks for the info - I guess.
Anyone who has lived in a "city" knows Charlotte's crime is moderate and on par with most peer cities. I was in a Popeyes in DC that got robbed, per my recollection it wasn't a huge monetary haul however they got an ass load of chicken....and red beans and rice.

Old 02-23-2018, 04:26 AM

110 posts, read 103,711 times
I've lived in lots of cities and crime doesn't come to the suburbs like it does here. Bank robberies...car robberies...stores like Harris T in Stonecrest being robbed at gunpoint. Customers being robbed at the Gap or GameStop. Bunches of cars windows being smashed almost nightly in Ballantyne, house break-ins left and right. Greenways that you can't enjoy because you might get raped or mugged. Stuff doesn't happen like this in most places that I have lived but in Charlotte this kind of stuff happens all over. It seems lots of denial on here and that is fine for you but hope you all wake up. Cannot fix a problem if you don't start a discussion. I am out of here asap. Hope someone starts talking about and trying to make things better here in Charlotte because it used to be a beautiful and clean city with moderate crime.

Old 02-23-2018, 08:01 AM

1,452 posts, read 992,914 times
Quote:
I've lived in lots of cities and crime doesn't come to the suburbs like it does here. Bank robberies...car robberies...stores like Harris T in Stonecrest being robbed at gunpoint. Customers being robbed at the Gap or GameStop. Bunches of cars windows being smashed almost nightly in Ballantyne, house break-ins left and right. Greenways that you can't enjoy because you might get raped or mugged. Stuff doesn't happen like this in most places that I have lived but in Charlotte this kind of stuff happens all over.
"Southlake, Keller, Grapevine area...."

Crime news lately:
"White van linked to burglaries in Southlake, Keller, Lewisville"
White van linked to burglaries in Southlake, Keller, Lewisville | WFAA.com

"Police arrest man accused of robbing Southlake woman at gunpoint in home invasion"
Police arrest suspect armed Southlake home invasion robbery | Fort Worth Star-Telegram

"Southlake Police Investigating Daytime Home Invasion"
https://www.nbcdfw.com/news/local/So...421097123.html

"Teens arrested on suspicion of committing 3 armed robberies in Grapevine on Sunday"
Teens arrested in connection with Grapevine armed robberies | Fort Worth Star-Telegram

"Double-Shooting Suspect Wanted In Grapevine"
Double-Shooting Suspect Wanted In Grapevine CBS Dallas / Fort Worth

"Man accused of soliciting sex acts from young girls at Grapevine Target arrested"
Man accused of soliciting sex acts from young girls at Grapevine Target arrested | WFAA.com

"Homeowner wounds 20-year-old while firing shotgun to scare off crowd in Grapevine"
https://www.dallasnews.com/news/crim...ople-grapevine

"Man stabbed co-worker to death after argument, Grapevine police say"
https://www.dallasnews.com/news/crim...ine-police-say

"Man exposes himself to woman outside Wal-Mart in Grapevine"
https://www.dallasnews.com/news/crim...mart-grapevine

"Home Invasion Robbery Reported in Colleyville"
https://localnewsonly.com/2017/01/ho...n-colleyville/

Watch your back seat! "Grapevine Police Report Spike In Third Row Seat Thefts"
http://dfw.cbslocal.com/2017/05/24/g...w-seat-thefts/

Last edited by CLT4; 02-23-2018 at 08:32 AM..

Old 02-23-2018, 12:04 PM

Quote:
I've lived in lots of cities and crime doesn't come to the suburbs like it does here. Bank robberies...car robberies...stores like Harris T in Stonecrest being robbed at gunpoint. Customers being robbed at the Gap or GameStop. Bunches of cars windows being smashed almost nightly in Ballantyne, house break-ins left and right. Greenways that you can't enjoy because you might get raped or mugged. Stuff doesn't happen like this in most places that I have lived but in Charlotte this kind of stuff happens all over. It seems lots of denial on here and that is fine for you but hope you all wake up. Cannot fix a problem if you don't start a discussion. I am out of here asap. Hope someone starts talking about and trying to make things better here in Charlotte because it used to be a beautiful and clean city with moderate crime.

Can you support this opinion with facts or statistics?

Good luck in your move.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or