U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-13-2018, 06:52 PM

1,143 posts, read 1,845,349 times

Advertisements

Hello,

I'm driving with my kids from Atlanta,through Charlotte, and onto Richmond, VA. We'll be on I85.

We stay overnight in Charlotte -- and I've tended to always stay in Concord off of Exit 49.

The problem is that this time the hotels are full the night that we're returning.

Do you have any suggestions for a budget hotel that's still in a super safe area?

Edited to ask: are hotels in Charlotte's South Park safe? I've never been. Just want to make sure it's a safe area for a mom w/ kids.

Thank you!

Alley
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-13-2018, 08:52 PM

21,869 posts, read 27,133,212 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alicia64 View Post
Hello,

I'm driving with my kids from Atlanta,through Charlotte, and onto Richmond, VA. We'll be on I85.

We stay overnight in Charlotte -- and I've tended to always stay in Concord off of Exit 49.

The problem is that this time the hotels are full the night that we're returning.

Do you have any suggestions for a budget hotel that's still in a super safe area?

Edited to ask: are hotels in Charlotte's South Park safe? I've never been. Just want to make sure it's a safe area for a mom w/ kids.

Thank you!

Alley
Check the 3 motels off exit 8 of I 85 in Kings Mountain. There's a better chance that they might have openings.

Old 02-14-2018, 03:52 AM

5,869 posts, read 7,701,590 times
SouthPark is very safe, but its pretty far off of 85. If youre staying close to 85 and typically stay near Concord Mills, Id first check further north in Concord or Kannapolis. Exit 45 in the University area has a lot of hotels, or you coukd take 485 instead of 85 through the city which only adds a couple minutes and stay in the Northlake area near the northern intersection of 485 and 77. Northlake and University have some haters on this forum but they are generally safe and should be fine if youre in a decent hotel - Id recommend checking the reviews of the specific hotel.

I think Id avoid most of the hotels in the immediate area of 85 between exits 41 and 32. Further south/west Belmont or Gastonia could be options.

Old 02-14-2018, 06:05 PM

1,143 posts, read 1,845,349 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoPhils View Post
SouthPark is very safe, but its pretty far off of 85. If youre staying close to 85 and typically stay near Concord Mills, Id first check further north in Concord or Kannapolis. Exit 45 in the University area has a lot of hotels, or you coukd take 485 instead of 85 through the city which only adds a couple minutes and stay in the Northlake area near the northern intersection of 485 and 77. Northlake and University have some haters on this forum but they are generally safe and should be fine if youre in a decent hotel - Id recommend checking the reviews of the specific hotel.

I think Id avoid most of the hotels in the immediate area of 85 between exits 41 and 32. Further south/west Belmont or Gastonia could be options.
So Kannonpolis is safe for a mom w/ kids?

Alley

Old 02-15-2018, 05:43 AM

654 posts, read 515,228 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alicia64 View Post
So Kannonpolis is safe for a mom w/ kids?

Alley
Yes
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte