U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-28-2008, 07:26 AM
ADR ADR started this thread

171 posts, read 458,500 times

Advertisements

I live in Crismark. Seems like I am dead in the middle of Hemby Bridge. I see signs that say Hemby Bridge, I pull out of my development and I am the Hemby Bridge town hall. The fire department across from Crismark is Hemby Bridge. So does anyone know why my address is Indian Trail?

Just curious.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-28-2008, 08:50 AM

743 posts, read 2,027,633 times
There is no post office in Hemby Bridge therefore no zip code. Same scenerio with Wesley Chapel.

Old 03-28-2008, 09:24 AM

45,269 posts, read 88,560,970 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by md to nc View Post
There is no post office in Hemby Bridge therefore no zip code. Same scenerio with Wesley Chapel.
This is also why some people in Stallings have Matthews mailing addresses - doesn't mean they live in Matthews but some sure get confused and think they do!

Old 03-28-2008, 09:45 AM

Well now I feel stupid. That just makes way to much sense.

Thanks, I always wondered.

Old 03-28-2008, 10:24 AM

387 posts, read 841,370 times
LOL!!! Yes it is all very confusing for people moving into the area. You can have a different mailing address than where you actually live. We technically live in unincorporated Union County. We are right on the borders of Indian Trail, Wesley Chapel and Monroe. We have a Monroe address. Try explaining to people where live LOL!!!

Old 03-28-2008, 12:23 PM

999 posts, read 4,260,210 times
We (I live in Crismark too) live in Indian Trial, the map we got before we moved here had different colors for the different towns, and it seems that the town of Indian Trail has disconnected parts, our part is the small one not connected to the large part on the other side of 74, consisting of about half of the area between Mill Grove and Stevens Mill between Lawyers Rd and Idlewild.
http://i261.photobucket.com/albums/ii55/joanchris2000/ITmap.jpg?t=1206728627 (broken link)

Old 03-28-2008, 01:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by joanchris2000 View Post
We (I live in Crismark too) live in Indian Trial, the map we got before we moved here had different colors for the different towns, and it seems that the town of Indian Trail has disconnected parts, our part is the small one not connected to the large part on the other side of 74, consisting of about half of the area between Mill Grove and Stevens Mill between Lawyers Rd and Idlewild.
http://i261.photobucket.com/albums/ii55/joanchris2000/ITmap.jpg?t=1206728627 (broken link)

Hi fellow Crismarker,

Any scoop on upcoming stuff, plans, playground, update on Stevens Mill entrance, anything new with our sub-division you know of? I am a bit out of the loop lately and went online but didn't see news letters for the last couple of months.

Old 03-28-2008, 06:35 PM

999 posts, read 4,260,210 times
I know NOTHING of what's going on. Last I remember one of the newsletters said the new pool and tennis courts would be ready this spring, but I've not seen any sign of either, and DH and I drove around where the new Stevens Mill entrance will be, through the streets etc. No mention of a playground either Seems to have been a while since the last newsletter....I'm wondering if the housing slow down has delayed plans for some things, with less HOA fees coming in etc. Just a guess though.

Old 04-28-2008, 09:51 AM

26 posts, read 62,589 times
Okay, I am glad that I can add to this!! The other day I had friends in from out of town. They needed a mechanic and the closest on the GPS was up the block off of Secrest Short cut road. Long story short, we met Teddy, who was very friendly and efficient considering that it was his day off and we were at his house! Well, that's another story...

So Teddy cleared it up for me. We absolutely are considered Hemby Bridge. If we need the town hall, we need to go to Hemby Bridge. Towns get split because we don't have our own post office due to the lack of population, so we all have an Indian Trail postal address. This includes Teddy who has lived here all of his life, along with his eleven siblings! I should also add that Teddy is a reliable source as he is "on the board" and had to vote for certain things. This included allowing the zoning of new stores and developments. He also cleared up my fears, and said that there will be NO huge shopping centers and congestion invading our small lil quaint town if he has any say about it! They have already stopped a Super Walmart from coming, which would have been up the block. I cannot speak of the "other side of Crismark that is not yet built, but as for s...we are Hemby Bridge.

Does anyone know what that "Swim club community" sign is about by the Stevens Mill Road entrance? Most communities that have that have the slides, etc. How can we find out? Maybe I should have asked Teddy tee hee
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or