Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-17-2018, 06:30 PM

4,980 posts, read 5,389,215 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BC1960 View Post
You said that what was done is illegal. Its not.

But it’s still hypocritical. Denying a gay a wedding cake is legal, but doesn’t make it alright in my eyes.

That said. I openly admit to being shabby to gay Republicans and I know it’s hypocritical of me. The prejudice is real and you’re an outcast in the gay Mecklenburg community. The surrounding counties, a gay GOPer would be more accepted. It’s more Christian folksy type gays whereas the Mecklenburg gays are more cosmopolitan, social activist, outspoken, shallow, etc
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-17-2018, 06:38 PM

6,799 posts, read 7,372,406 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlotte485 View Post
But it’s still hypocritical.
Ok, but i didn't say it wasn't.

Old 06-18-2018, 06:17 AM

569 posts, read 546,585 times
Quote:
But it’s still hypocritical. Denying a gay a wedding cake is legal, but doesn’t make it alright in my eyes.

Yet, nobody cares if you are a hypocrite. That's your issue.

That said. I openly admit to being shabby to gay Republicans and I know it’s hypocritical of me. The prejudice is real and you’re an outcast in the gay Mecklenburg community. The surrounding counties, a gay GOPer would be more accepted. It’s more Christian folksy type gays whereas the Mecklenburg gays are more cosmopolitan, social activist, outspoken, shallow, etc
[B]Wow! You have social issues. If you admit to being "shabby" to gay Republicans, do you accept straights being "shabby" to gays? Why can't you just be what you are and accept that this is the U.S. and let others be what they are and accept it. Your second paragraph manages to show even more personal issues. My suggestion is for gays wanting to come to this to city Watch out for gays that are prejudice like you have shown to be.

Old 06-18-2018, 06:33 AM

4,586 posts, read 6,414,204 times
It’s a gay pride event, and the overwhelming majority of LGBT Americans think Trump and the Republican Party are political and cultural enemies. They are not going to promote groups and messages that are existential threats to their community’s interest and progress. You can’t come to a Cinco de Mayo event and promote Trump either. By supporting agendas and politicians at war with the LGBT community, you’ve chosen a side in the culture/political war. Deal with the consequences.

Old 06-18-2018, 06:44 AM

6,799 posts, read 7,372,406 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arthur McAlister View Post
[B]Wow! You have social issues. If you admit to being "shabby" to gay Republicans, do you accept straights being "shabby" to gays? Why can't you just be what you are and accept that this is the U.S. and let others be what they are and accept it. Your second paragraph manages to show even more personal issues. My suggestion is for gays wanting to come to this to city Watch out for gays that are prejudice like you have shown to be.
You're just attempting to be provocative for the sake of provocation and argument. Quit trying to stir things up that neither concern you nor affect you directly.

Old 06-18-2018, 06:56 AM

4,980 posts, read 5,389,215 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arthur McAlister View Post

Thats actually great advice. Be cognizant of the area you are moving to period. Some areas are overwhelmingly polarized between anti-trump and others pro-Trump.

Some areas are more religious, others aren’t. Etc.

Just keep that among many other things such as jobs, weather, etc when choosing a place to live.

Old 06-18-2018, 07:59 AM

569 posts, read 546,585 times
Quote:
Thats actually great advice. Be cognizant of the area you are moving to period. Some areas are overwhelmingly polarized between anti-trump and others pro-Trump.

Some areas are more religious, others aren’t. Etc.

Just keep that among many other things such as jobs, weather, etc when choosing a place to live.
I couldn't have said it better myself.

Old 06-28-2018, 01:10 AM

8 posts, read 10,603 times
Default Awesome Allies

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlotteborn View Post
I don't think anyone in Charlotte cares if you are gay. If you are a good neighbor you will be welcome!
I totally understand that but I live in such an awesome neighborhood now and sometimes we just want to be close to folks who identify as we do.

Old 06-28-2018, 01:15 AM

That's very helpful because it gives us specific neighborhoods to search in. Appreciate it!

Old 06-28-2018, 01:18 AM

Quote:
Huntersville, Cornelius, Davidson.

Walkable towns, gay friendly, near lake. Lots of town centers. Everywhere around there you’ll see people walking and f your older there are plenty of town centers you can live nearby.

Ballantyne isn’t as walkable but still very gay friendly.

If you look up Huntersville, look up Birkdale Village. Little village with movie theater, food, some shopping. It’s all national retailers but still. For night life it’s like a 15 minute drive to the gay nightlife places of Blvd. 1820, Bar 316, Scorpios and I guess chasers.

I’d really recommend you visit Charlotte areas NoDa, Plaza Midwood, Dilworth, Sedgefield (which is all near eachother so you can do it very quickly) then Ballantyne then Huntersville/Birkdale, Cornelius, Davidson (all 3 touch eachother)

Just drive around or through. Then go back home and start looking up houses, etc

Lake Norman (Huntersville, Davidson, Cornelius) I think has lots of professional gay people.
That's very helpful because each trip up will only be 3 days. It gives us a path to follow. Thank you
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte