U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-29-2008, 10:58 AM

2 posts, read 4,193 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ranger17 View Post
I wouldn't call them a Cinderella team, they have proved they can play with and beat the "big boys".
Agree -- they aren't a "cinderella" team, they were a badly-seeded team!! Davidson has shown they can run with the best of them!

What a Great Day to be a Wildcat!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-29-2008, 02:12 PM

1,311 posts, read 4,222,359 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jp03 View Post
If you can watch your team lose in the sweet sixteen and not care, you arent much of a fan ...trust me. You may like the Packers but...
I didn't say I didn't care the Badgers lost, but I know a quality team when I see one.
Go Pack!

Old 03-29-2008, 04:36 PM

9,114 posts, read 15,637,402 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarlet1766 View Post
Agree -- they aren't a "cinderella" team, they were a badly-seeded team!! Davidson has shown they can run with the best of them!

What a Great Day to be a Wildcat!
I would respectfully disagree.

Seeding Davidson 10th was in my mind about right because although they played tough competition throughout the year (ie UCLA, Duke, UNC, etc), they didn't have any quality wins.

There are many teams in the ACC, Big East, etc that play these teams throughout the year and play them tough, but why should Davidson get preferential treatment? Because they're a small school?

If you look at it fairly, they got a fair seed. If they would've won 1 or 2 of those games, they would've been seeded higher.

Again, take nothing away from them, they are playing at an extremely high level and play THEIR STYLE, not their opponents....I'm pulling for them 100% and hope the Kansas game is competitive.

Old 03-29-2008, 04:54 PM

5,783 posts, read 8,408,004 times
Yeah, I think the Cinderella label fits Davidson perfectly... They came out of a somewhat unknown conference nationally and didn't really beat anyone. Yes, they played some powerhouse teams competitively this year and they have one legitimate superstar at the shooting/off guard position... but, a 10 seed was about right.

Keep that slipper on and I will be pulling bigtime for them - I think I may go buy a Davidson hat unless everyone is out of them around here. Hell, from here I could run on campus and try to buy one! lol

Old 03-29-2008, 05:21 PM

3,819 posts, read 8,882,755 times
well cinderella or not, they have ran thru some very good teams to get at the door of the final four; to me usually a cinderella team is a low sead that sneaks a win or two before bowing out. Davidson is not sneaking any wins, they are playing their game against some top teams, and playing that game very well. I was very impressed seeing what they did to our Badger D; not that I was a homer and thought we were gonna win it all, but i did not see this one coming. Plus while they have Curry who could hit the net with a blindfiold on right now, it was a team effort that took us out of our style and i would not be surprised if "Cinderella" isn't playing next weekend.
Best of luck.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte