Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-14-2008, 02:58 PM

50 posts, read 147,932 times

Advertisements

I'm actualy going to try Amazing Wok right now. But the best i've found so far is Cherry Blossom in the Walmart Shopping center off pineville-mattews. Try that if you want very good chinese food. It is better than SOME take out's in NY...emphasis on SOME
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-14-2008, 03:50 PM

2,560 posts, read 8,550,237 times
Wan Fu in Pineville

JoJo in Stonecrest area

Baoding in SouthPark

That is one thing that Uptown is lacking...a very good Chinese restaurant. Maybe one day!

Old 08-14-2008, 05:26 PM

256 posts, read 1,145,302 times
Ma Ma Wok on Elm Lane in Ballantyne just because it's good!

Old 08-14-2008, 06:03 PM

11 posts, read 41,322 times
Try Dragon Garden located at 13803 Highway 74 East, Indian Trail, NC 28079. IMO the food is exceptional (& so is the roast pork fried rice). No matter how many times we've ordered from this place or introduced others to it we've never been disappointed. Give it a try. It's not much of a sit down restaurant unless you are on the go and not trying to impress someone but it is great carry out.

Old 08-14-2008, 07:16 PM

2,560 posts, read 8,550,237 times
Forgot about Dragon Fly on Park Rd near Selwyn Ave...very fresh & good.

Old 08-15-2008, 11:26 AM

416 posts, read 925,931 times
Has anyone ever done take out at TIN TIN? I ask this because while there are alot of fans of TIN TIN, I'm not much into buffets and wonder if you all like it because it is a buffet?

Old 08-15-2008, 12:05 PM

550 posts, read 1,807,876 times
Rice Fun off exit 36 in Mooresville is the best place I have ever been to! Cheap and best flavor around!!!
House of Taipei near Birkdale is probably a distant second...
Still searching for something that compares to Rice Fun anywhere closer to town...

Old 08-15-2008, 12:06 PM

550 posts, read 1,807,876 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by heartsN Charlotte View Post
Has anyone ever done take out at TIN TIN? I ask this because while there are alot of fans of TIN TIN, I'm not much into buffets and wonder if you all like it because it is a buffet?
I've eaten at Tin Tin Box in Uptown - wouldn't classify it as chinese, it's more like hibachi.

Old 08-15-2008, 12:43 PM

210 posts, read 604,152 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by heartsN Charlotte View Post
HnC, I'm skeptical of Chinese buffet normally, but this place is definitely a cut above. Maybe the most authentic chinese around, actually, when buffets are usually exactly the opposite. They had these fantastic little clams last time I was there, all sorts of other good things, too. Dakota, this is the Tin Tin restaurant on Park Rd. near Pineville, not the uptown hibachi place.

I agree that Dim Sum is pretty good for dim sum--I've had better in NYC & SF, but I've also had worse. Anyone tried Dragon Court for dim sum? It's in that asian mall at N. Tryon & Sugar Creek. Haven't tried yet & that mall is pretty sketchy (but the asian grocery & the vietnamese sandwich shop are good), but might need to give a try.

Old 08-15-2008, 01:21 PM

1,852 posts, read 5,218,076 times
I enjoy Golden Taipei off Harris in North Chalotte, 2 miles east of Northlake Mall. Try the Salt and Pepper Shrimp. They also have a great Buffet on Sunday for $8.

I also like Eez in Brikdale its more fusion/sushi but they have a great fried rice.

Lastly, yes we need good Chinese in Uptown.. so sad. COuld use both an upscale and a mid scale.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte