U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-30-2008, 03:36 PM

422 posts, read 1,215,061 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYLifes2shrt View Post
So, I choose to live in New York because I get bored very easily and here in the East Coastthere is everything.
it's actually " and here ON the East Coast" not in the East Coast

Old 03-30-2008, 05:02 PM

2,989 posts, read 3,149,319 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewBeginnings12 View Post
Hold on now, one could be a Horticulturalist.

Old 03-30-2008, 05:30 PM

35,885 posts, read 67,046,730 times
Proof-reading and editing aside . . .

Charlotte is a family-oriented city. And . . . Charlotte is a Southern city undergoing many changes . . .

I would say . . . Charlotte is "becoming." We are not sure what it is becoming yet.

I love visiting other cities! I have my list of things to do in my favorite big cities . . . DC, CHI, ATL, LA, NYC, KCMO . . . each one different . . .

Charlotte is not like those cities, but then none of those cities is like the other, is it?

So who cares. We, who live here, love our burbs, or our uptown condos, or our Meyers Park historic homes . . .

Come here to do business . . . or come to cheer your fave driver on at our race track . . . or come here to live, if it feels right to you.

If you don't like it - hey - don't come back. There are plenty of cities I have visited I don't care to visit again - Las Vegas being one of them. And six trips to SF - enuff for me to figure out I am just not a SF kind of girl, trolley cars, sourdough bread and all. Doesn't mean I am not glad I visited there.

Now Monterey Bay . . .

So if you came here and were not dazzled . . . who cares. Charlotte doesn't dazzle me, either - wh/ is one reason living here works very well for me.

Last edited by brokensky; 03-30-2008 at 05:56 PM.. Reason: misspell

Old 03-30-2008, 05:55 PM

197 posts, read 616,574 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by searpr View Post
The reason Charlotte is great is because it is NOT on par with Atlanta in a lot of ways. People who want to live in Atlanta or bigger cities are free to move there, but as for me, I love Charlotte's family-friendly atmosphere and slower pace. Of course, I'm a married woman with children, so the type of activities some people are looking for, I've been there, done that and am not interested in now.
Ditto, I like Charlotte as it is!
I got tired of being waiting in line to check out at groceries stores, of getting stock in traffic for hours, for paying high insurance premiums; etc. This is the smallest city where I had lived so far. And, I really enjoy it.
This city is not too big, not too small, great geographic location and great weather. And since I live here I had never beeing under the impression that I live in a small town. To my family and myself this has been a great experience.

Old 03-30-2008, 05:57 PM

46 posts, read 127,276 times
charlotte is a small city in standards of major cities. what surpires me about charlotte is the amount of home burglaries and home invasions. I mean you could be sitting there with your friends having a cook out in the back yard when someone comes up toand says" give me your money and lets go look to see whats in your house bitchboys" you know what I mean>?

Old 03-30-2008, 05:58 PM

249 posts, read 797,699 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewBeginnings12 View Post
No need for the grammar police, everyone knows that this is just an internet forum. I actually hope people don't spend too much time proof reading what they write here, it would be a silly waste of time. I found all of your replies on this thread to be condescending to be honest.

Maybe you have traveled more than the OP, maybe you haven't. It's not a contest. I live here and did not find the OP's post offensive at all... Different strokes for different folks. And it is a common misconception to compare Charlotte to other major cities. I have heard so many times that this is no NY, Boston, LA etc. It's not unfair for someone to try to make the correlation.

Be that as it may, Charlotte is not a world class city in the likes of NY, LA etc. But what it is, and it's not a bad thing, is a family oriented city. You won't find the theatre, dining, museums that you will find in Manhatten but you will find other things unique to a southern city. Like I said before, different strokes for different folks.

Old 03-30-2008, 05:59 PM

25 posts, read 119,439 times
I mean really! Why on Earth would you take the time to make a post talking about how much you hated being here, like we're all gonna jump up and say WELL GOSH, WE'D BETTER FIX IT SO THIS ONE PERSON WILL COME BACK! What good did it do you?

Don't let the door hit you. Atlanta is just 3.5 hours south, you can make it by midnight!

Old 03-30-2008, 06:33 PM

1,453 posts, read 4,689,109 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ponchoblanco View Post
charlotte is a small city in standards of major cities. what surpires me about charlotte is the amount of home burglaries and home invasions. I mean you could be sitting there with your friends having a cook out in the back yard when someone comes up toand says" give me your money and lets go look to see whats in your house bitchboys" you know what I mean>?

Damn...where do you live?????

Old 03-30-2008, 06:44 PM

35,885 posts, read 67,046,730 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ponchoblanco View Post
Do I know what you mean? NO, I do not.

No offense, Poncho - but what hood do you live in? Things are very quiet and safe in my hood.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
View detailed profiles of:
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or