U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-05-2008, 07:56 PM

3 posts, read 6,890 times

Advertisements

I started working in Charlotte in mid-January. I am staying with family until I find a home for me and my wife. I can't spend more than 150K max. I found a nice large home in the 28212 zip code. It has 4BR/2.5 Baths and over 2200 sq ft. It is in a small subdivision called Strider Ridge. It is a new home, but it is a resale. Beazer homes built it. It was completed in Nov of 2007. No one has ever lived in it. I drove by today and saw the house and neighborhood. It looks real quiet and quaint. I spoke to a few residents and they had nothing negative to say about the area. (Who would badmouth their own neighborhood?) Neighborhood and surrounding areas are very important to us as we will be starting a family soon. I went to ncreportcards.org and checked out the elementary, middle, and high schools that pertain to the home listed on the MLS. They did not receive horrible scores and according to the sex offenders database, there are over 110 in that zip code. A little more than I feel comfortable with. Now, coming from Miami,FL that would be a huge downgrade for us as there were only 29 in my zip code before. Does anyone know this subdivision or the surrounding areas? My wife is flying up this weekend to look at homes and would like to make an offer. This home happens to be my first choice of what I've seen in my price range. If anyone can help, I would greatly appreciate it as this is a huge step for us and dony know Charlotte that well yet.. Thanks !!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-05-2008, 08:43 PM

45,270 posts, read 88,403,909 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by puglisi317 View Post
I started working in Charlotte in mid-January. I am staying with family until I find a home for me and my wife. I can't spend more than 150K max. I found a nice large home in the 28212 zip code. It has 4BR/2.5 Baths and over 2200 sq ft. It is in a small subdivision called Strider Ridge. It is a new home, but it is a resale. Beazer homes built it. It was completed in Nov of 2007. No one has ever lived in it. I drove by today and saw the house and neighborhood. It looks real quiet and quaint. I spoke to a few residents and they had nothing negative to say about the area. (Who would badmouth their own neighborhood?) Neighborhood and surrounding areas are very important to us as we will be starting a family soon. I went to ncreportcards.org and checked out the elementary, middle, and high schools that pertain to the home listed on the MLS. They did not receive horrible scores and according to the sex offenders database, there are over 110 in that zip code. A little more than I feel comfortable with. Now, coming from Miami,FL that would be a huge downgrade for us as there were only 29 in my zip code before. Does anyone know this subdivision or the surrounding areas? My wife is flying up this weekend to look at homes and would like to make an offer. This home happens to be my first choice of what I've seen in my price range. If anyone can help, I would greatly appreciate it as this is a huge step for us and dony know Charlotte that well yet.. Thanks !!

I know the area - it's not bad. It is thisclose to being inside the Matthews city limits. I would say you could do a lot worse. I wouldn't let the sex offender thing bother you. The category of who is a "sex offender" here is just too broad. For instance, a 21 year-old who might have dated a 15-year-old and got charged with statutory rape could be on that list. Does that make the 21-year-old someone you should fear?

Are you working with a realtor yet?

Old 02-06-2008, 06:16 AM

3 posts, read 6,890 times
Thumbs up Thanks Loves Mountains !!!

Yes I am working with a Realtor.
She has been great with me.
I actually found this house on allentate.com.
She had nothing negative to say about the area either.
I really appreciate the quick response from you.
I did some searching online and I did notice that it is really close to Matthews. I guess I would do all of my shopping in that area..
Anyways, Thanks again, and I 'll let you know if I end up purchasing the home there.
Take Care

Old 02-06-2008, 07:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by puglisi317 View Post
Yes I am working with a Realtor.
She has been great with me.
I actually found this house on allentate.com.
She had nothing negative to say about the area either.
I really appreciate the quick response from you.
I did some searching online and I did notice that it is really close to Matthews. I guess I would do all of my shopping in that area..
Anyways, Thanks again, and I 'll let you know if I end up purchasing the home there.
Take Care
Glad you already have a realtor working for you, this can save you lots of time. I hope she showed you other properties further down Idlewild Rd actually into Matthews? That is a nice area also. Yes, I would say to count on doing your shopping in the Matthews direction. Best of luck to you and your wife

Old 02-09-2008, 09:41 PM

158 posts, read 419,280 times
South Charlotte includes Waxhaw/Weddington correct?

Old 02-09-2008, 11:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tisquato View Post
South Charlotte includes Waxhaw/Weddington correct?
No, that is not correct. Waxhaw and Weddington are in Union county, south of Charlotte.

Old 07-06-2009, 06:22 PM

1 posts, read 1,523 times
Hi I'm from Miami, Fl I want to move to charlotte, nc. can some one tell me a good and safe neighborhood. I'm a single mother of 2 kids.I a safe place to live with my kids

Old 07-06-2009, 09:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by claudia32 View Post
Hi I'm from Miami, Fl I want to move to charlotte, nc. can some one tell me a good and safe neighborhood. I'm a single mother of 2 kids.I a safe place to live with my kids
Claudia you are only limited by how much you can spend. What is your price range?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or