Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-02-2018, 09:14 AM

4,039 posts, read 4,912,323 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by youdontknowwho View Post
Thank everyone for the advice. I decided to settle in Huntersville and finished moving yesterday. The commute is great so far; driving on I-485 is a breeze.

Btw, is the Huntersville DMV super busy like the ones in Charlotte? Now that I need to update my address, I'd would like to get my first REAL ID as well.
Yes, it is super busy. Everyone is changing over to the Real ID so wait times are long. Get in line before it opens or call and make an appt. I called in June to get an appt to renew my license and get the Real ID and the first appt they had in Huntersville was mid-September. I ended up going to Concord in early August and with my appt was in and out in 15 minutes.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-02-2018, 06:35 PM

13 posts, read 8,867 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by youdontknowwho View Post
Thank everyone for the advice. I decided to settle in Huntersville and finished moving yesterday. The commute is great so far; driving on I-485 is a breeze.

Btw, is the Huntersville DMV super busy like the ones in Charlotte? Now that I need to update my address, I'd would like to get my first REAL ID as well.

Huntersville DMV is ridiculously busy. I was just there on Thursday and was told by the clerk that the wait was over 3 hours which was ridiculous.. but she suggested that I come back in the morning at 5:30 am.So I took her suggestion and on Friday morning at 5:30am I arrived with a $10.00 Walmart portable chair. The office opened at 7:00am, I was the 4th person on line and was help right away. It took less then 30 minutes to change my licence and get a temporary. F.Y.I. if you also need to get your vehicle transferred that is a different line that doesn't open until 9:00 but because I got there early I was on the front of that line and was in and out by 9:30 am..
So get there early and your experience will be a breeze

Old 09-05-2018, 06:11 PM

334 posts, read 285,680 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arthur McAlister View Post
For $900-$1000, you will not likely find a two bedroom unit that is safe, convenient, or in good repair, but it's possible. Watch the areas. Some are not very safe. Check Mecklenburg County crime by zip codes that is found somewhere on the net. That will help you with the safety factor.

Wait. Are you saying that the UNCC area isn't safe? REALLY?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte