U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-02-2008, 10:06 AM

87 posts, read 174,092 times

Advertisements

My husband has been trying to find a job in property management since we moved here. Anyone have any connections or know of an openings? I appreciate any advice or leads anyone can give us!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-14-2008, 09:51 AM

nothing? wow, I'm surprised

Old 04-15-2008, 08:25 PM

24 posts, read 67,332 times
Default Best I can tell you...

I am just starting my career in property management as an assistant property manager and will be relocating to Charlotte in the next couple months. All I can suggest is to do what I'm doing - get an apartment guide/book and see what properties are in the area that he wants to work in and go the property management's website. I can tell you Tribute Properties and Colonial Properties have corporate offices in Charlotte if he's looking more on the real estate end or doesn't want to be on site.

Hope this helps! Good Luck!

Old 04-15-2008, 09:41 PM

27,903 posts, read 34,452,681 times
Career Opportunities

A def. possibility for future prospects also. New stuff going up everywhere. If it doesn't fit you right now keep it saved as new ones pop up at least bi-weekly.

Old 04-16-2008, 03:49 PM

286 posts, read 944,629 times
If your husband is in the Corporate Real Estate field of property management, try either of the Bank's.

Old 04-19-2008, 08:58 AM

thanks for info! If you hear of any new leads please let me know

Old 04-19-2008, 07:35 PM

8 posts, read 22,701 times
Yes, go to Monster.com and search--there are several in the Charlotte area. I'm looking myself for an entry level job. Good luck to you!

Old 04-21-2008, 08:50 PM

8 posts, read 22,701 times
Hey Skylizard, I was wondering if you had any luck with your search. I'm a single mom looking for an assistant apartment manager or leasing agent position myself and I'm looking to relocate to the Charlotte area. Let me know if you find anything. I've sent out resumes for entry level positions. I'd really like to get into this career. A lot of employers want experience. I have experience in a lot of things and I'd really like to be given a chance. Let me know if I can help you any further too, ok?

Old 04-23-2008, 09:04 AM

Nope, no luck yet. The job market is pretty tight right now.

Old 04-28-2008, 05:42 PM

24 posts, read 67,332 times
Wow Skylizard, I'm surprised! I honestly thought about you when I got back from Charlotte yesterday. I don't know what area of property management your husband is looking to get into but I had an interview with one co. on Thurs and went out to look at apts the rest of the day and actually had prop mngrs ask for resume when they found out what I did. That turned into 2 more interviews for Friday (just from looking at apts) and today I got two job offers that will now put me in Charlotte in June instead of Sept. And while I do have a few years of customer service experience I've only been in property mngmt for 6 months. So, there's def some opportunity out there. And I was actually offered more $$ than I'm making now for a lower position - if you can believe it! Anyway, I don't want to leave 3 pages of response here, so if you (Sraven) would like more info, please feel free to message me or post. I'm completely amazed by this experience!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte