Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-18-2018, 02:02 PM

60 posts, read 91,628 times

Advertisements

Hello,

100% moving to Charlotte area.. considering Fort Mill, Sc and Concord Mills areas and the surrounding vicinities of each. Yes I know they are not in the same area.

No commute so keeping my options open. Does anyone know a good realtor that could help me search. Currently live in Massachusetts and trying to move in November 1. I'm looking for someone that can provide guidance on good apartments and I'm not messing around or wasting someone's time.

Id like some options so I can fly down, look a a decent amount and then consider options, then pull the trigger.

Looking for a 1 or possibly 2 bedroom apartment. 850-1050 budget.

Thank you in advance.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-19-2018, 08:49 AM

958 posts, read 1,724,534 times
Are you willing to pay this Realtor for their time? Also, you would need to pay two diff Realtors. Fort Mill and Concord Mills are two totally diff areas.

Old 09-19-2018, 09:38 AM

4,041 posts, read 4,959,730 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Country Livin 24 View Post
Hello,

100% moving to Charlotte area.. considering Fort Mill, Sc and Concord Mills areas and the surrounding vicinities of each. Yes I know they are not in the same area.

No commute so keeping my options open. Does anyone know a good realtor that could help me search. Currently live in Massachusetts and trying to move in November 1. I'm looking for someone that can provide guidance on good apartments and I'm not messing around or wasting someone's time.

Id like some options so I can fly down, look a a decent amount and then consider options, then pull the trigger.

Looking for a 1 or possibly 2 bedroom apartment. 850-1050 budget.

Thank you in advance.
There's Bexley at Concord Mills which are on the opposite side of Speedway blvd from the speedway. There are also new apartments Apartments in Huntersville NC | Skybrook Apartment Homes which are about 10/15 min from Speedway Blvd (which is the road that Concord Mills is on).

Old 09-19-2018, 10:48 AM

Ihank you both,

I did see the Bexley and seems to be a pretty good spot. Will also check the skybrook out.

Yes realtor would be paid, but starting to lean more towards Concord Mills to start off.

Is it worth finding the apartments on my own? I do know that area in Concord Mills decently well. Just afraid to waste a trip down to scout stuff out and leave empty handed.

Old 09-19-2018, 11:05 AM

4,041 posts, read 4,959,730 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Country Livin 24 View Post
Ihank you both,

I did see the Bexley and seems to be a pretty good spot. Will also check the skybrook out.

Yes realtor would be paid, but starting to lean more towards Concord Mills to start off.

Is it worth finding the apartments on my own? I do know that area in Concord Mills decently well. Just afraid to waste a trip down to scout stuff out and leave empty handed.
I think it will be pretty easy to find an apartment on your own in the Concord Mills area. There are also apartments near the Hawthorne's at Highland Creek and there are a bunch near Prosperity near 485.

I've lived in the Concord Mills area for almost 13 years. Any questions let me know.

Old 09-19-2018, 07:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riley09swb View Post
I think it will be pretty easy to find an apartment on your own in the Concord Mills area. There are also apartments near the Hawthorne's at Highland Creek and there are a bunch near Prosperity near 485.

I've lived in the Concord Mills area for almost 13 years. Any questions let me know.
Much appreciated, will do!

Old 09-20-2018, 07:28 AM

751 posts, read 934,630 times
I wouldn't recommend a realtor for a standard apartment complex. Do some high level research online to narrow it down to 5-6 areas (price, generally not horrible reviews, etc) and then just walk up to them mid-day and they'll have someone to give you the tour. Websites should tell you in advance if there's vacancies or not...if not, just call in advance.

Once you've done the 5-6 tours and narrowed it down in your mind to 1-2 spots...talk to the residents walking around the neighborhood to get their feedback on if they're happy or not. They'll also be able to tell you if there's better/worse spots within the apartment complex to live before you choose your final apartment location.

Old 09-21-2018, 08:00 PM

930 posts, read 2,161,194 times
Realtors don't typically work with apartment complexes. Apartments aren't usually listed in MLS therefore we receive no commission. Townhouses, single family homes, etc. would be what you would need an agent for.

Old 09-22-2018, 03:06 PM

2,775 posts, read 5,163,017 times
use hotpad to search and setup appointments ahead

Old 10-05-2018, 04:00 PM

I followed the advice here and am flying down tomorrow for a few days to check out apartments and make a decision. Lined up some tours and whatnot. Excited for the next chapter. Thanks for all the help!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte