Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-03-2008, 11:06 AM

22,974 posts, read 65,493,145 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by anifani821 View Post
Oh wow - I am in awe of the "revolving door" image - that sure makes a visual statement!!! (Pink - if you aren't in marketing, you outta be!!! )

The revolving door is on 4th street side of the jail at least the door use for release (incoming door is the garage entrance I believe is on Brevard Street.)

A rally would be good in the area between the new and old courhouse across the street from the get of jail door.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-03-2008, 11:12 AM

382 posts, read 1,887,536 times
i love this idea! maybe you should pass out "Get out of jail free" passes too!

yeah ... i'm in marketing sort of, but not in a creative way. wish i was though!

Old 04-03-2008, 11:15 AM

1,242 posts, read 4,033,951 times
Default I love it

get out of jail free cards...haha!

Old 04-03-2008, 11:30 AM

330 posts, read 1,035,928 times
My recommendation would be to start a meetup group and work from there. Meetup provides grassroots organizers with the infrastructure to organize meetings, recruit volunteers, stay in touch with members ... pretty much everything you would need to start out.

It proved to be a very useful tool for some of us who volunteered on a particular presidential campaign in the past year

There is a $72 fee for starting the group, but I am sure that is a very small price to pay to get a grassroots movement going.

Old 04-03-2008, 11:35 AM

3,662 posts, read 9,663,379 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pinkpocketbooks View Post
i love this idea! maybe you should pass out "Get out of jail free" passes too!

yeah ... i'm in marketing sort of, but not in a creative way. wish i was though!
I absolutely love the idea of handing out "Get out of jail free" passes! It could be a primary theme.

Old 04-03-2008, 11:39 AM

35,879 posts, read 77,448,814 times
All it takes is a good slogan and a leader willing to speak to the media. A name for the group, such as Charlotte Citizens Against Crime - or Metro Citizens Against Crime - along w/ a slogan "Stop the revolving door" - w/ a picture of protestors standing in front of the exit that Sunny mentioned . . . that would get some space in the newspaper, I would expect.

I think one has to get a city permit for a rally. SO it would be a matter of filling out papers, paying any fee, and then alerting news media if one wants coverage. A press statement would be appropriate to hand out in media packets, wh/ contain info on the group, how it came to be formed, what the concerns are and what action is being called for.

Old 04-03-2008, 11:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LAMF View Post
My recommendation would be to start a meetup group and work from there. Meetup provides grassroots organizers with the infrastructure to organize meetings, recruit volunteers, stay in touch with members ... pretty much everything you would need to start out.

It proved to be a very useful tool for some of us who volunteered on a particular presidential campaign in the past year

There is a $72 fee for starting the group, but I am sure that is a very small price to pay to get a grassroots movement going.
This is exactly what I was thinking, LAMF. And your guy did quite well starting from grass roots. We could do the same thing to fight the crime wave. A core group needs to be started to brainstorm ideas and set a direction. I wonder if we can get Jeff Katz, Keith Larson, and Tara Servatius on board. I have to go to work in a bit, but somebody feel free to contact those three about this thread and the ideas and let's see if we get a response. I'll do it after work if someone hasn't by then. Maybe we should all start contacting them.

Old 04-03-2008, 11:42 AM

35,879 posts, read 77,448,814 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by carolina_guy View Post
This is exactly what I was thinking, LAMF. And your guy did quite well starting from grass roots. We could do the same thing to fight the crime wave. A core group needs to be started to brainstorm ideas and set a direction. I wonder if we can get Jeff Katz, Keith Larson, and Tara Servatius on board.
All you have to do is ask! You never know. It would be interesting to meet w/ the DA b/f anything happens, to ask if the DA will support the movement, and find out what the DA feels would assist in helping stop "the revolving door."

Old 04-03-2008, 11:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by anifani821 View Post
All you have to do is ask! You never know. It would be interesting to meet w/ the DA b/f anything happens, to ask if the DA will support the movement, and find out what the DA feels would assist in helping stop "the revolving door."
Great idea! The DA and his deputies feel their hands are strapped. We should get them on board as well.

Old 04-03-2008, 11:47 AM

330 posts, read 1,035,928 times
I would also recommend talking to the owner of the crime in charlotte blog, who provides a great service to the community as is and seems to have a number of contacts in CMPD.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
View detailed profiles of: