Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-03-2008, 11:55 AM

3,662 posts, read 9,632,379 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LAMF View Post
I would also recommend talking to the owner of the crime in charlotte blog, who provides a great service to the community as is and seems to have a number of contacts in CMPD.
Another great idea!

I went ahead and took some time to email Tara.

Quote:
Hey Tara,

You are a leader in exposing this madness that is going in Charlotte regarding crime. Enough is enough and we have to take our city back. It's obvious the powers that be are not serious about correcting the problem. Some of us concerned citizens are speaking of this very issue on the blog City-data.com . I have pasted below my original post and have provided the link so you can follow the ideas we are coming up with. We need to organize and take the fight to the thugs. We need you, Jeff, and Keith on board. I don't always have the chance to listen to your show, but if you can reply to this email to let me know you are willing to help us fight that would much appreciated. I know your heart is willing, Tara, please help us take Charlotte back!

Your fellow concerned Charlottean,
Please, the rest of you email her, Jeff, and Keith.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-03-2008, 11:59 AM

35,879 posts, read 77,166,091 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by carolina_guy View Post
Great idea! The DA and his deputies feel their hands are strapped. We should get them on board as well.
Totally agree. I am w/ you 100% on this, CG, and further will volunteer my company's PR services gratis, if that will be of assistance to your cause.

I think if you actually form a group and get legitimacy w/ an advisory board, you will receive plenty of news media coverage and participation from residents throughout the region. The idea is to work with law enforcement and help them get what they need to do the job - right? So if that means more $$ in the budget, more $$ from Raleigh - whatever is necessary - then this group can help spotlight the deficiencies as well as promote solutions.

You might consider getting the commissioners and councilmen involved. It is a political year. I suspect politicians would see this as a venue to state where they stand on crime . . . and thus, your group would be performing a service to the community by making this information part of an "intelligent voting process" - to elect officials who are willing to take a hard stand on crime.

As long as this remains bipartisan and open to everyone, seems this could be a huge movement that provides a helpful resource - as well as a united voice for our community. We want change - and we want to know how to make that change happen!

All just suggestions that may or may not be helpful - just some brainstorming . . .

Old 04-03-2008, 12:02 PM

35,879 posts, read 77,166,091 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by carolina_guy View Post
Another great idea!

I went ahead and took some time to email Tara. Please, the rest of you email her, Jeff, and Keith.
Looks like you don't need any PR help, LOL!!! Great email! We gotta start somewhere!

Old 04-03-2008, 03:58 PM

1,242 posts, read 4,021,859 times
Default alf

is right. It is a political year so that should help!

Old 04-03-2008, 04:17 PM

11,839 posts, read 28,828,128 times
These folks might be good allies as well.

Welcome to GRNC

Old 04-04-2008, 08:12 AM

4,222 posts, read 7,851,491 times
A little tidbit of information for those of you that may be concerned that the government may ask you to turn in your weapons in the future. First, simply run an ad in a paper or other publication and save a copy. You can use the copy as proof that you sold it and didn't get a bill of sale since one isn't required. Also, next time you buy a weapon. Buy it through the newspaper and avoid having to register it. We are the people that should bear arms.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
View detailed profiles of: