Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-03-2008, 09:32 AM

22,974 posts, read 65,493,145 times

Advertisements

I really want to do some Spring Cleaning and with the warm weather I would like to get some tasks done.

I want to pressure wash my kayak, siding, car, scooter and dog (just kidding).

I can only find rules about hand held hoses is this consider a hand held hose?

Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-03-2008, 09:35 AM

716 posts, read 2,157,595 times
Pressure washing your house (or other things!) is discouraged but not restricted. See here:

Mandatory Restrictions: What's Allowed (http://www.charmeck.org/Departments/Utilities/WaterSmart/Mandatory+Restrictions%3a+What%27s+Allowed.htm - broken link)

Old 04-03-2008, 09:41 AM

Thanks I will have to wait til Saturday to do this since I am odd number house.

I am glad Im not even number; Sundays my lazy day.

Old 04-03-2008, 09:43 AM

870 posts, read 3,527,365 times
Here is where ingenuity comes in. I figure if I park both cars in my front lawn, soap them up, then turn on the irrigation system, I can cover all three at once. Maybe even soap the kids up and give them a shower at the same time.

Old 04-03-2008, 09:45 AM

35,879 posts, read 77,448,814 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnyKayak View Post

Glad you asked about this, as DH and I were discussing this just last nite! We have some nasty scum built up on the upper deck and were wondering if we could blast that off. It is a safety hazard in that it gets slick when moist and someone is gonna get hurt if we don't address the problem. We thought about pouring some Clorox on it and letting that sit and washing it off, but that is NOT GOOD for plants around the deck.

So we were discussing using the power washer in a very limited area in order to address the safety issue w/ those slick scummy areas.

Old 04-03-2008, 09:48 AM

3,662 posts, read 9,663,379 times
Pressure washed my garage and patio last weekend. What a difference!

Old 04-03-2008, 09:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by njmdpanc View Post
Here is where ingenuity comes in. I figure if I park both cars in my front lawn, soap them up, then turn on the irrigation system, I can cover all three at once. Maybe even soap the kids up and give them a shower at the same time.

You need to host the next city data meetup so we can watch this event

Old 04-03-2008, 09:59 AM

35,879 posts, read 77,448,814 times
Quote:
You need to host the next city data meetup so we can watch this event
Hee Hee. Can I bring Miss Scarlett and give her a bath - wouldn't want all that soap to go to waste.

Old 04-03-2008, 02:50 PM

1,456 posts, read 4,142,116 times
Quote:

I don't think you have to wait at all. As I understand it the odd-on-Saturday/even-on-Sunday thing only applies to watering the lawn. All that other stuff that's allowed (drip irrigation, hand-held watering, pressure washing) you can do whenever you want.

But one thing you can't do is wash your car.
To go along with the link someone already posted of What's Allowed (http://www.charmeck.org/Departments/Utilities/WaterSmart/Mandatory+Restrictions%3a+What%27s+Allowed.htm - broken link), here's a link to What's Restricted (http://www.charmeck.org/Departments/Utilities/WaterSmart/Mandatory+Restrictions%3a+What%27s+Restricted.htm - broken link).

The part that confuses me is that on the restrictions it says
Quote:
Lawn watering and the operation of any sprinkler system are prohibited on Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday.
^While it obviously could be interpreted that this applies to drip irrigation as well, common sense tells me it doesn't, since drip irrigation was allowed even before the restrictions were eased and it's still listed on the What's Allowed page separately than the rest of lawn watering.

Anyway, I think you're fine to do everything you mentioned on any day you want -- except wash the car, which you're not allowed to do at home at all.

Old 04-03-2008, 03:02 PM

Thanks what is stated on that website is
Quote:
Other outdoor water uses are discouraged but not restricted. (Examples: pressure washing deck or outside of house)
Which means Ill get a dirty look not a penalty.
I dont mind waiting to do stuff on Saturday's so at least nosey neighbors will not cry foul and this week weather does not look like it will be suitable to this.

Car washing thing is a trip . What is difference between me pressure washing house and the car? NO biggie there I can always go to a coin car wash to do that (my niece calls them bath tunnels).

When I crank up the pressure washer I get happy with and clean everything in view.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte