Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-19-2009, 06:55 PM

7 posts, read 15,377 times

Advertisements

MY FAMILY IS LOOKING TO RELOCATE TO NC AND ARE LOOKING INTO KANNAPOLIS OR CONCORD. CAN ANYONE GIVE US SOME INFO ON THESE AREAS? WHAT ARE THE BEST NEIGHBORHOODS, SCHOOLS, ETC.? WHATEVER INFO YOU CAN PROVIDE WOULD BE A GREAT HELP. THANKS....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-19-2009, 06:59 PM

45,218 posts, read 100,694,379 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EDNLORIOB3 View Post
MY FAMILY IS LOOKING TO RELOCATE TO NC AND ARE LOOKING INTO KANNAPOLIS OR CONCORD. CAN ANYONE GIVE US SOME INFO ON THESE AREAS? WHAT ARE THE BEST NEIGHBORHOODS, SCHOOLS, ETC.? WHATEVER INFO YOU CAN PROVIDE WOULD BE A GREAT HELP. THANKS....
You need to provide more info - what price range would you be looking to buy in for instance?

Old 10-19-2009, 07:02 PM

We are in the $120,00 and below we found a few homes in kannapolis. Not sure of the neighborhoods as well as in Concord also. In Kannapolis there was Cadillac St, Echerd St, Central Drive, Brodi court and pennsylvania ave. In concord we found..... eudy drive and fink avenue.....

Old 10-19-2009, 07:16 PM

45,218 posts, read 100,694,379 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EDNLORIOB3 View Post
We are in the $120,00 and below we found a few homes in kannapolis. Not sure of the neighborhoods as well as in Concord also. In Kannapolis there was Cadillac St, Echerd St, Central Drive, Brodi court and pennsylvania ave. In concord we found..... eudy drive and fink avenue.....
Kannapolis has a few "problem" areas, but frankly I am not familiar enough to be able to tell you what parts to avoid, sorry. In general, Concord is known to have better schools, just fyi. Hopefully others with more knowledge will post for you soon

Old 10-20-2009, 04:35 AM

249 posts, read 458,120 times
cadillac street is in the "car town" section of kannapolis and that is not a bad place to stay. I am not familiar with the other 2 streets

Old 10-20-2009, 06:50 AM

Well under the same token in general, which city kannapolis or concord would be a much better choice for a family with young children? I saw that Concord has alot more sexual predators then kannapolis. it is hard to weigh your options. does concord have bad areas as well as kannapolis?

Old 10-20-2009, 09:55 AM

1,367 posts, read 5,739,058 times
Hi EDN, I've lived in Kannapolis for the last year (moved from Chicago, purchased a home here) and may be able to help a bit!

It depends somewhat on what size/type of house you are looking for, but there are nice homes in nice neighborhoods in both towns. I actually live in the Royal Oaks neighborhood that the Pennsylvania Ave. house is in. Anything in that area of Kannapolis where all the streets have state names is Royal Oaks. It's a very nice, quiet neighborhood, we are happy here. There's a decent amount of older people here that have lived here for a long time (this is good-- not as many foreclosures), also some younger families who's kids play together in the neighborhood. I think Royal Oaks kids go to a Concord highschool, double check me on this, but when we bought our agent said this was a good thing (I don't have kids, so I have no idea). The houses are older, but many have been re-habbed very nicely. Of the houses for sale here, I'd say 1001 Michigan Ave. is one of the nicer ones and very reasonable priced, some of the ones on Pennsylvania are over-priced and been on the market a looooong time.

The Cadillac Ave. house is in the "car town" neighborhood. We looked at houses there too, it's a nice neighborhood but some of the lots are smaller and some of the houses are a little more run down. The main area I would avoid is west of Cannon by Harding. I think that area was a bit sketchy.

Concord has more newer subdivisions. You can get a nice house there for the money, but make sure to really visit the neighborhoods... some of the newer ones have a LOT of foreclosures and are looking a little run down in that price range. I'm not very familiar with specific Concord neighborhoods, ask someone else, but there are a lot of nice parts of Concord.

Old 10-20-2009, 09:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KBrown28031 View Post
cadillac street is in the "car town" section of kannapolis and that is not a bad place to stay. I am not familiar with the other 2 streets

what are the areas that we should stay away from?

Old 10-21-2009, 02:36 AM

249 posts, read 458,120 times
areas that i would not move in Kannapolis are Rose Hill area, ANYTHING close to the Little Texas Rd corridor, Fisher Town, and there is a patch by the west side of Kannapolis Brown High School that is not desirable. Just look at a map of Ktown and you will find these areas. Car town are older and somewhat smaller homes but they do fit into your price range. Like the other poster, with some TLC and a little remodeling, you can create a nice home for your family in a quiet, safe neighborhood.

Old 10-21-2009, 07:18 AM

7,554 posts, read 7,099,361 times
Hello Edn, I live on the north end of kannapolis (Rowan County), in the Jackson Park Sub-Division and Central is just on the cusp, most of the street names are ladies names, it's a nice quiet area, and the houses are reasonably priced, I purchased a 3-2 on a 1/2 acre for 120, 3 years ago, one thing though is Central is a main road meaning cars get going at a pretty good clip (something to think about if you have young children or pets).

I have seen 15 or so "for sales" around the neighborhood including a nice brick ranch a few blocks down on 11th st.

We came from S Florida and the school system down there was really bad (we home schooled) but since we've been here we have been very happy with the Kannapolis City School system.

I too was told to avoid the Little Texas corridor, but in my time here I haven't heard about much crime there or anywhere else.

Concord is also nice, we planned on buying in Concord but we also had the realtor show us a couple of Kannapolis houses and we liked this one the best.

Good Luck, If you think of anything specific, you can always PM me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte