Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-15-2008, 09:16 AM

15 posts, read 41,610 times

Advertisements

Home Depot is not in the mix ( Shop Lowe's at Cuthbertson Rd Now Open) a YMCA is a possibility but it may be awhile. Chick fil a is a definite and should start construction this winter for a late spring opening. A Fun, Family, and sports oriented restaurant should be announced soon. They were voted "Best Family Restaurant 2008" by Charlotte Magazine ... very exciting. The first building on Main street has just gone under construction and will house smaller retailers. Radio Shack is completing its negotiations and will occupy a building close to Target. The road work in Hwy 84 should be complete prior to the Thanksgiving Holiday with a new traffic signal at Lindenwood remaining. The economy is certainly an issue for all and needs to be closely monitored ..... support you local retailers.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-15-2008, 10:27 AM

125 posts, read 469,261 times
I've goten so I REALLY hate to even drive by it, it makes want to throw up every time I see what those greedy bastards have done to our town, a town I helped to make. That used to be a nice quite intersection of tow country roads with an old church on one corner, NOW LOOK AT THE CRAP THEY'VE BUILT THERE.....
I'm glad we live off Wesley Chapel Rd and are far enough away for it not to effect us too bad.

Old 10-31-2010, 11:09 AM

6,777 posts, read 13,551,038 times
The small brick building closest to CVS has been getting painted inside recently and just this morning I saw a sign up on it...

"TCBY coming soon!" it said. Dairy Queen woulda been better, but I can live with a TCBY.

Also, last night I was at Hickory Tavern and some guys outside were saying we are getting a Applebees and maybe a movie theater. Anyone heard anything about this?

I wish we could get a more upscale eatery here. And whatever happened to Panera? Is that not happening anymore?

Old 09-11-2011, 05:41 PM

1 posts, read 1,262 times
Default Update

Quote:
Originally Posted by sophialee View Post

..."TCBY coming soon!" it said. Dairy Queen woulda been better, but I can live with a TCBY.

Also, last night I was at Hickory Tavern and some guys outside were saying we are getting a Applebees and maybe a movie theater. Anyone heard anything about this?

I wish we could get a more upscale eatery here. And whatever happened to Panera? Is that not happening anymore?
Please, Dairy Queen is for fat people. TCBY is so much healthier and delicious and they dont have a bunch of crap fried foods. Considering that convienient foods are an unavoidable commodity that will be available and used, let's keep our town healthy. A YMCA is opening in the Phase I section where blockbuster used to be (good riddance). Here's a map from 2007 of Phase I with maps

I have heard a lot about the movie theatre, it is supposed to be in the "Junior Anchor" section of Phase II's development. Here's a link to a PDF of Phase II with maps.

For the record, it should be obvious by now, but a Petco is going up in the south eastern corner of developing Phase II. Also Everything on the Walgreen's side is not part of this project, all of that is seprate and is not called "Village Commons", but "The shops at Wesley Chapel".

I'm happy our city is growing. As stated in the PDF Union county was listed as the 7th fastest growing county (out of 3,143[thank you U.S. Cencus]) in the entire United States in 2007. Everyone should be proud.

Last edited by DoomSwitch; 09-11-2011 at 05:45 PM.. Reason: Urls not showing up correctly

Old 09-11-2011, 10:28 PM

2,186 posts, read 4,183,540 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DoomSwitch View Post
Please, Dairy Queen is for fat people. TCBY is so much healthier and delicious and they dont have a bunch of crap fried foods. Considering that convienient foods are an unavoidable commodity that will be available and used, let's keep our town healthy. A YMCA is opening in the Phase I section where blockbuster used to be (good riddance). Here's a map from 2007 of Phase I with maps

I have heard a lot about the movie theatre, it is supposed to be in the "Junior Anchor" section of Phase II's development. Here's a link to a PDF of Phase II with maps.

For the record, it should be obvious by now, but a Petco is going up in the south eastern corner of developing Phase II. Also Everything on the Walgreen's side is not part of this project, all of that is seprate and is not called "Village Commons", but "The shops at Wesley Chapel".

I'm happy our city is growing. As stated in the PDF Union county was listed as the 7th fastest growing county (out of 3,143[thank you U.S. Cencus]) in the entire United States in 2007. Everyone should be proud.
Nice first impression.

You've never seen a skinny person eat at DQ? Spare me.

It's PetSmart, please look at the sign. Actually there IS a big difference.

No one has ever officially discussed a movie theater in the junior anchor spots. Odds are you won't see one at Village Commons.

-A multi-screen theater is already under construction at Sun Valley Commons. Movie attendance just can't support another theater with multi-screens already at Stonecrest, Arboretum, and Sun Valley.

-The neighborhood behind the shopping center would never sit still for all the traffic and ancillary problems that a movie theater would bring.

-The zoning and use were approved as per the plan shown on the Aston page. The village council would get a lot of heat if they were to allow a change in use/zoning for a movie theater.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte