U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 12-15-2006, 09:02 PM
 
1,800 posts, read 5,164,205 times
Reputation: 734

Advertisements

Can anyone please give me any info about the Piper Glen/Williamsburg/Raintree areas? Are they in Charlotte or Pineville? What are the people like? I'm drawn to the area because the neighborhoods seem to be older and more established than those in Union County. How are the schools? What about the taxes?
Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 12-15-2006, 09:27 PM
 
Location: Charlotte
218 posts, read 187,281 times
Reputation: 43
They are in Charlotte. Piper Glen is in Ballantyne and Raintree is nearby but not quite in Ballantyne. Ballantyne is first class! The schools are some of the best in the cms system . Its not cheap, and Meck has the highest taxes. I believe some extensions of Raintree may be just over the Pineville line. It really is pretty, and is kept very clean!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-16-2006, 06:01 AM
 
Location: Union County, NC
1,891 posts, read 5,546,369 times
Reputation: 749
I agree, all of these areas are nice. Piper Glen is right beside Ballantyne, Raintree is a little further. Just a note -- Piper Glen may have the same school assignments as Ballantyne. Raintree is not near Pineville, it's actually east of Ballantyne. As far as taxes go, you would be subject to Charlotte-Mecklenburg taxes. Feel free to PM me if you have any other questions, and best of luck to you
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-16-2006, 09:33 AM
 
Location: Charlotte
218 posts, read 187,281 times
Reputation: 43
Quote:
Originally Posted by south.charlotte&union View Post
Raintree is not near Pineville, it's actually east of Ballantyne. Feel free to PM me if you have any other questions, and best of luck to you

I disagree. Its actually more north than east. I said an extension neighborhood possibly had a few properties that crossed the line into Pineville. There are a lot of places that are labeled Charlotte, and have a zip code that reflects that, but it is technically Pineville. For example, my office is down the street from Raintree. Our mailing address is Charlotte NC, 28210. Yet one time when it was necessary to call the police to have an officer sent out, Charlotte Police said that we had to call Pineville.

Ask the questions here, thats the point of a forum... to benefit the community.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-16-2006, 12:12 PM
 
Location: Up above the world so high!
45,270 posts, read 88,302,020 times
Reputation: 39844
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlotte ePro View Post
I disagree. Its actually more north than east. I said an extension neighborhood possibly had a few properties that crossed the line into Pineville. There are a lot of places that are labeled Charlotte, and have a zip code that reflects that, but it is technically Pineville. For example, my office is down the street from Raintree. Our mailing address is Charlotte NC, 28210. Yet one time when it was necessary to call the police to have an officer sent out, Charlotte Police said that we had to call Pineville.

Ask the questions here, thats the point of a forum... to benefit the community.

ACTUALLY, Raintree is northeast of Ballantyne

And not to disagree with you ePro, but in no way is Raintree even close to the Pineville city limits. Raintree is south Charlotte, look at a map The zip codes only reflect which post office distributes to which neighborhoods. If you had to call Pineville police for service your office must be on/near hwy 51 near McMullen Creek at least.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-16-2006, 12:37 PM
 
Location: Charlotte
218 posts, read 187,281 times
Reputation: 43
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesMountains View Post
ACTUALLY, Raintree is northeast of Ballantyne

And not to disagree with you ePro, but in no way is Raintree even close to the Pineville city limits. Raintree is south Charlotte, look at a map The zip codes only reflect which post office distributes to which neighborhoods. If you had to call Pineville police for service your office must be on/near hwy 51 near McMullen Creek at least.

You are correct, thats where it is. I know if you consider where the main entrance is, its obviously not near pineville. Again, I was talking about the extension parts of it that go south of 485. My first statement was "They are in Charlotte". The only reason I said the thing about Pineville, was because I wasn't sure if the person asking the question might have seen a few listings that said "Pineville". Checking a map I see that can't be the case. I wasn't trying to say Raintree was in Pineville
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-16-2006, 04:50 PM
 
1,800 posts, read 5,164,205 times
Reputation: 734
Default Thank you

Thanks to everyone for the info. The reason I asked if Raintree was in or near Pineville is because my mother used to live in Pineville and looking at the map, I wasn't sure if the subdivision was actually in Pineville or Charlotte.
I was concentrating our home search in Union County, but south.charlotte&union sent us a listing of a home in the Raintree area that seems very promising, because it's an older home. We were looking for older homes (built more than ten years ago), in more established neighborhoods, in Union County, which we soon found out don't really exist. So when we saw this listing, I was trying to learn more about the area.
If anyone can enlighten me further, as far as lifestyle, people, etc. in and around the Raintree area, I'd really appreciate it. How does the area differ from the areas in Union County?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-16-2006, 05:32 PM
 
Location: Charlotte
218 posts, read 187,281 times
Reputation: 43
I think you already answered your own question: It's Established!

It's a golf course community lifestyle, so you have all the ammenities. It's inhabited by the "upper middle class" to the "somewhat affluent". It's in a nice area, and the schools aren't bad. Is this listing you got the ranch located right at the 8th tee? That one is stunning!

I wouldn't limit yourself to Raintree. There are all kinds of older established neighborhoods in that area.

I can send you a more detailed search of that area if you're interested. I'd just need to know what parameters you are looking for.

Are you relocating from St Maarten? I just got visited St Thomas last month... I don't think I could give up that lifestyle
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-17-2006, 02:25 PM
 
1,800 posts, read 5,164,205 times
Reputation: 734
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlotte ePro View Post
I think you already answered your own question: It's Established!

It's a golf course community lifestyle, so you have all the ammenities. It's inhabited by the "upper middle class" to the "somewhat affluent". It's in a nice area, and the schools aren't bad. Is this listing you got the ranch located right at the 8th tee? That one is stunning!

I wouldn't limit yourself to Raintree. There are all kinds of older established neighborhoods in that area.

I can send you a more detailed search of that area if you're interested. I'd just need to know what parameters you are looking for.

Are you relocating from St Maarten? I just got visited St Thomas last month... I don't think I could give up that lifestyle

No...I don't live on St. Maarten, it's just my user name because I love the island. We have vacationed there quite a few times. Not sure we could live there, though. It's one of those places that are great to visit, but after a while reality sets in...
Thanks for your input, ePro. We're working with south.charlotte&union and CharlotteAgent (both members of this forum), who have been extremely helpful in their respective areas of expertise. I just wanted to post a question to native or resident transplants of the Raintree area to get a feel for the place, because I know realtors are restricted in the type of info they can pass on.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-17-2006, 06:05 PM
 
Location: Up above the world so high!
45,270 posts, read 88,302,020 times
Reputation: 39844
Quote:
Originally Posted by stmaarten View Post
No...I don't live on St. Maarten, it's just my user name because I love the island. We have vacationed there quite a few times. Not sure we could live there, though. It's one of those places that are great to visit, but after a while reality sets in...
Thanks for your input, ePro. We're working with south.charlotte&union and CharlotteAgent (both members of this forum), who have been extremely helpful in their respective areas of expertise. I just wanted to post a question to native or resident transplants of the Raintree area to get a feel for the place, because I know realtors are restricted in the type of info they can pass on.
Just my 2 cents...I like Raintree. It's a large development, but the good thing is there are multiple exits in and out, depending on where you are headed. Compared to how far out most people are now buying, Raintree gives you a pretty close in location all things considered. Years ago the neighborhood fought really hard to keep the Aboretum from being built and WalMart from coming in. But in the end developers and neighborhood seemed to work together ensuring the stability of homes and retail. The ONLY thing I've ever heard said bad about the homes there is that some of them were built with aluminum wiring instead of the preferred copper wiring. I would be sure to check that out in any house I was looking at buying
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:



Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
Similar Threads
View detailed profiles of:
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top