Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-06-2008, 07:36 PM

163 posts, read 525,111 times

Advertisements

Hi everyone. I drove thorugh the Highland Creek area for the first time today and it seemed to be very nice. Please help me with these questions:

1. Do you recommend thie Area?
2. How is Dominion Subdivision?
3. What is the average price for a home is the area?

Amd anything else you can tell me about it, please.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-06-2008, 08:19 PM

45,218 posts, read 100,540,113 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brri View Post
Hi everyone. I drove thorugh the Highland Creek area for the first time today and it seemed to be very nice. Please help me with these questions:

1. Do you recommend thie Area?
2. How is Dominion Subdivision?
3. What is the average price for a home is the area?

Amd anything else you can tell me about it, please.
Highland Creek is a very large planned community that has done nothing but appreciate over the years. It is a very desirable neighborhood. Not sure about the Dominion section prices I'm afraid. The neighborhood is partly in Charlotte/Mecklenburg county and partly in Cabarrus County. There is a new elementary school right in the middle of the Charlotte side that I hear good things about.

I would suggest you find a realtor who sells this area regularly to find out more about it. Best of luck!

Old 04-10-2008, 02:24 AM

104 posts, read 308,462 times
I live on the Meck. side now and am moving over to Dominion. The prices for Dominion tend to be higher. Both sides have the pluses and minuses. The taxes are not that much cheaper in Cabarrus in reality. HC elementary and Cox Mill are both highly rated and loved by the parents. The new CMS middle school should be reallly nice. I think that the real differance is in the HS that your children will attend, If you do not have kids in public school I would not worry about what side you are on. Pick the house you love. It is a great community and getting even better.

Old 04-10-2008, 09:16 AM

1,852 posts, read 5,207,906 times
Highliand Creek is a cult.. They make you golf, shop, keep your lawn mowed and have BBQ partees (with KOOLAID). They also make you get lsot easily if you are not part of the cult.

Old 04-10-2008, 09:44 AM

45,218 posts, read 100,540,113 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whytewulf View Post
Highliand Creek is a cult.. They make you golf, shop, keep your lawn mowed and have BBQ partees (with KOOLAID). They also make you get lsot easily if you are not part of the cult.
Very funny

But let's not scare the newcomers Whytewulf - you know Highland Creek is a popular neighborhood!

Old 04-10-2008, 10:31 AM

44 posts, read 127,554 times
when evaluating the price of a neigborhood they want to buy in, they go to Real Estate Valuations, Homes for Sale, Free Real Estate Information | Zillow Real Estate to get an overview for fair market value and to see if the asking price is reasonable.

Old 04-10-2008, 12:01 PM

1,852 posts, read 5,207,906 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesMountains View Post
Very funny

But let's not scare the newcomers Whytewulf - you know Highland Creek is a popular neighborhood!
Ok OK..Your right, it actually is a great area, not for everyone because it is truly a planned community, but if I had a family and such I wouldn't mind living there.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte