U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-31-2006, 11:02 AM

8 posts, read 12,995 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by uptowninsurance View Post
Another area that a lot of my clients are buying and the land is hot is Weddington. (or right near by)

JC :-)
Thanks for the input JC. How long would the drive to uptown be from Weddington? I am reading a lot of good things about the area and their school system.

I have also heard a lot of great things about Ballantyne. I am starting to lean towards south Charlotte as opposed to north Charlotte for the schools, drive to uptown, and traffic. So much to consider!

Thanks again for all the help!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-06-2007, 05:45 AM

1,644 posts, read 4,097,585 times
OK Kim
Well I got that wrong!
I believe that you may get something with 5 acres further out of the towns in Iredell or Cabarrus counties. We looked at stuff with that amount of land in the price range you talk about.

Old 01-06-2007, 07:33 AM

525 posts, read 1,642,179 times
I don't think Union is all that rural if you stay in the western part near Charlotte. It is exploding with population, it is the fastest growing county in NC. They also have decent schools. I like land too The commute depending on where you are in western Union is anywhere from 20min to an hour also depending on traffic. Check out realtor.com and try searching on Weddington, Waxhaw, Indian Trail, Matthews (which is also partly in Meck county), from what I see Pineville and Ballentyne don't really have an acre if that is what you want. I am not a fan of Meck schools at this point in time, they are not very stable. I am sure there are good schools there but that was the one piece of advice we got when moving as we have 2 schoolage children was stay out of Meck.

Old 01-09-2007, 03:01 AM

473 posts, read 1,451,673 times
Red face Pembroke Pines, FL

Kim, I used to live in Pembroke Pines, I'm sure you know where that is. I've also lived in Tampa, FL, and Winston-Salem and Asheville, NC. We currently live in Huntersville, NC. I love it here! It will not fit your land requirement but coming back from Charlotte, the drive gets bad around exit 23 heading north. Keep that in mind...

As far as the Meck. schools, I heard not to get involved with them but if anything spins off, it will be Huntersville. That doesn't really concern me because it will only make the schools even better. The schools for our neighborhood are good and living in FL, I was used to the charter schools.

I hope you find what you are looking for...

Old 01-11-2007, 09:33 AM

3,356 posts, read 8,863,258 times
Moved from Kendall to Charlotte, last year.

Work uptown for a firm off accountants.

Was advised to rent first, we did and explored Charlotte North, South, East & West.

We like south Charlotte the best, we ended up putting a contract down on a new house near Lake Wylie 30 minute commute from downtown.

We tested commute times for areas we where interested in, for instance Wesley Chapel was taking over an hour so we decided to look at other areas.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or