Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-08-2008, 12:33 PM

1,304 posts, read 4,321,594 times

Advertisements

Guess I'd better only drive my Hyundai at night,then...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-08-2008, 03:58 PM

6,957 posts, read 8,491,775 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by marvinnative View Post
Guess I'd better only drive my Hyundai at night,then...
marvinnative - Shame, shame, piper shame! I know (from that persnickety Councilman) what your punishment may be! You'll be "forced" to parade around every Marvin development in an "old granny" housedress taken from the Walmart "Trailer Park Collection" in a Yugo convertible (it was a sedan but the roof rusted off!) driven by a homeless man. You'll learn!!

Old 04-08-2008, 05:54 PM

35,879 posts, read 77,491,785 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CouponJack View Post
Here's a quote from one of the Marvin council members....

"If we bring in $400,000 homes, it will bring down property values ... You are introducing a different element."

Yeah, we all know those Providence Glen homes are all HUD homes...

I'm glad this guy doesn't represent me......arrogant jerk....
Okay. I need educating. The person who said this . . . please tell me he is not a native. Such snobbery and arrogance is beyond offensive. If he is a Southerner . . . I am going to go knock on his door and tell him what an embarrassment he is to all of us.

All this time, I thought I was a solid, middle class citizen - and now I find out - I am just trash and the "wrong element." Who is this dude? Where does he live?

I hope his house is in a (yet to be discovered) flood plain.

Old 04-08-2008, 06:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by anifani821 View Post
Okay. I need educating. The person who said this . . . please tell me he is not a native. Such snobbery and arrogance is beyond offensive. If he is a Southerner . . . I am going to go knock on his door and tell him what an embarrassment he is to all of us.

All this time, I thought I was a solid, middle class citizen - and now I find out - I am just trash and the "wrong element." Who is this dude? Where does he live?

I hope his house is in a (yet to be discovered) flood plain.
ani - Those kind of people think they "pee" Chanel #5! If he's southern, you can have at him. If he's from the NE, I feel well-qualified to give him a kick where it will do him the most good! It's that "I'm better than you are" attitude that makes these kind of people so disgusting!

Old 04-08-2008, 08:22 PM

4,139 posts, read 11,490,650 times
DH said the little town hall of Marvin was packed when he was driving by on his way home from work this evening.

He did comment on a few Hundais in the parking lot so I am assuming "those element" types were there to try and weedle their way into Marvin!

DH just shook his head and said, "Well, there goes the neighborhood!"

Dawn

Old 04-08-2008, 08:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DawnW View Post
DH said the little town hall of Marvin was packed when he was driving by on his way home from work this evening.

He did comment on a few Hundais in the parking lot so I am assuming "those element" types were there to try and weedle their way into Marvin!

DH just shook his head and said, "Well, there goes the neighborhood!"

Dawn
Dawn, I want to know more about this guy. Wonder how I can find out? I am so serious. I want to write him and tell him what a total Jacka$$ he is and how he has embarrassed us all. A comment like he made - insinuating that there were people in a price bracket that were not "quality" enuff to fit in . . . now that is just heinous and inexcusable and someone needs to call this guy out.

Old 04-08-2008, 08:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheEmissary View Post
ani - Those kind of people think they "pee" Chanel #5! If he's southern, you can have at him. If he's from the NE, I feel well-qualified to give him a kick where it will do him the most good! It's that "I'm better than you are" attitude that makes these kind of people so disgusting!
Whoever this guy is, I hope reality hits him square in the face. The universe has a way of cutting people like that down to size.

Old 04-08-2008, 09:40 PM

7,937 posts, read 20,379,501 times
well then Ani you should have been at the Cuthburtson School meeting...same mentality

Old 04-08-2008, 10:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by berryjuice4life View Post
well then Ani you should have been at the Cuthburtson School meeting...same mentality
berry -If you really wanted to shake things up, you could have said, "Did you hear they're going to take half of Monroe Middle School and High School and send them to the Cuthburtson Schools and vicsa-versa! You could probably hear the screams in Wilmington!

Old 04-09-2008, 02:32 AM

1,899 posts, read 2,263,440 times
The newpaper article didn't give the name of the council member that was quoted. Here are the council members: Village of Marvin, NC | Village Council (http://www.marvinnc.org/council.htm - broken link). Meeting minutes are posted on the Marvin web site, but the ones for the meeting with the quote aren't up yet.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte