U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-11-2008, 01:30 AM

128 posts, read 1,006,413 times

Advertisements

When I moved I availed services from Wolfe House & Building Movers - PA, NY & NJ House Moving and Building,
call @ 610.488.1020, 717.933.4246. they provides relocating, house raising and moving, house moving estimate at no cost, very reliable and swift service provider.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-11-2008, 05:31 AM

364 posts, read 1,043,033 times
We used EZ Movers (Or Easy Movers?). We moved most of the stuff ourselves and used them only for heavy furniture. They did a great job! They were timely, careful, and efficient. I would recommend them!

Old 04-11-2008, 06:57 AM

14,115 posts, read 20,844,353 times
Wow. A lot of options. Thanks for all that posted that. I've written them down and will contact them when the time comes

Old 04-11-2008, 08:05 AM

1,350 posts, read 3,304,930 times
Great thread. I will need this in a couple of months.

Old 04-11-2008, 12:57 PM

76 posts, read 263,451 times
If you're in the Lake Norman area, check out Port City Transfer. Mooresville, Lake Norman Moving & Storage, Charlotte Movers - Port City Transfer

We used them in November to move from Huntersville to Mooresville and were very pleased. The cost came in under the estimate. Crew of 3 guys and they were very professional and fast. Nothing was damaged, not even a scratch on the hardwood floors in the new house.

Old 04-11-2008, 01:52 PM

550 posts, read 1,617,742 times
I just used Hilldrup - they did a great job. $82 an hour, plus insurance, travel. They wrapped all my furniture and were quick.

Old 04-23-2008, 06:37 PM

11 posts, read 28,688 times
Talking Charlotte Local Mover All My Sons - the best!

All My Sons has been in Charlotte for over 12 years, locally owned and operated. There # is 704-344-1300. Great group of guys in the office (Devin/Russ/Chris) and the movers are great. I over research things and I have used them many times and so has all my friends. They also have done 1,000's of local moves with a great BBB record. So many companies have awful records and don't settle their complaints. There are a lot of companies out there that can move you and move you for less. But so many of them are not insured and aren't even licensed in the state. What you need to keep in mind is if something goes wrong what happens then. There are so many bad stories out there. Also, be aware of internet brokers - make sure they are a local company.
Also, whatever company you go with has all the insurances, truck, cargo, and most important workers comp. If someone gets hurt on your property and they aren't an employee that person can go after you personally for their injury. This holds true in all services (painters,handyman,etc). Also if the truck gets in a accident, no insurance then you might be out. Remember, you have worked very hard to accumulate the items in your home or apartment. Cheaper is not always better, especially when it comes to moving.

Old 04-24-2008, 03:04 PM

444 posts, read 1,490,762 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by carolina_guy View Post
Easy Movers Inc - Moving & Storage Services, Charlotte, NC is rated at the top of Angie's list. I've read nothing but positive reviews about them and will be using them to load my Penske truck in May. They offer many services from full service to what I'm doing.
We are going to use these guys as well. They moved us 10 years ago and the experience was great. We have gotten a price from them and find them to be very reasonable. Ask for Don Reid he is the owner.

Dunroven

Old 04-25-2008, 05:38 AM

128 posts, read 1,006,413 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by himain View Post
Wow. A lot of options. Thanks for all that posted that. I've written them down and will contact them when the time comes
thanks himain!

Old 04-25-2008, 09:28 AM

240 posts, read 927,429 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by robiewan View Post
act of class, call rob sullivan. Charlotte NC relocation services, Charlotte moving companies local, moving to Charlotte NC, Act of Class

they moved us from Florida but are a local family owned moving company based in south charlotte
I've used these guys twice, and have been extremely pleased with them on both occasions. Hoping not to move again, but if I did, I'd call these guys first.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte