U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-09-2008, 02:02 PM

14,115 posts, read 20,841,612 times

Advertisements

GoodbyePA-I read on some thread (probably this one) that when the doorbell rings and you don't want to answer it but make some kind of noise so they know you are home but you won't be answering the door. I have to side with your DH on this. You shouldn't be answering the door because you don't know who it is. G@d forbid, that its the wrong person when you do decide to open the door and something happens to you. Be safe!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-09-2008, 02:06 PM

3,322 posts, read 4,536,618 times
You know what ticks me off? The fact that there are some people who are actually outraged at how criminals are treated during the time that they are being chased after or how they are treated when they are caught. Was there anyone who saw this vidoe actually upset how the perp was treated??? God, I wish the cop kicked the crap out of him.

These same people overlook the victims who deserve everyone's first thoughts. Everyone should take their energies into helping the victim and not worry about if the perps rights are being violated. Apparently the rights of the criminals trump the rights of the victims.

Old 04-09-2008, 02:10 PM

120 posts, read 283,551 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by himain View Post
GoodbyePA-I read on some thread (probably this one) that when the doorbell rings and you don't want to answer it but make some kind of noise so they know you are home but you won't be answering the door. I have to side with your DH on this. You shouldn't be answering the door because you don't know who it is. G@d forbid, that its the wrong person when you do decide to open the door and something happens to you. Be safe!
I know you're right. As lame as this sounds I just don't want to be rude. Which sounds totally lame when you compare it to possibly dying. Thank you for the concern I do appreciate it.

Old 04-09-2008, 02:12 PM

I know how you feel. They always state that women have this complex of not being rude to strangers but unfortunately thats how most who end up getting killed start off. I'm courteous to some extent but I know where to draw the line and basically say pound sound in a nice way

Old 04-09-2008, 02:49 PM

143 posts, read 477,776 times
These criminals, yes criminals, behind this stunt today didn't think about treating everyone around them that was driving innocently around them while they were driving like a maniac. They could have easily killed others; just thankfully didn't. So why should we give a bloody hell about their well-being? I say toss them in a room and throw away the key for a good chunk of time.

Old 04-09-2008, 03:02 PM

35,885 posts, read 67,052,657 times
Unreal. 5 o'clock coverage of this chase . . . and these are repeat offenders. The pictures they are using on WSOC, they stated, are from previous mug shots. How disgusting.

Old 04-09-2008, 03:12 PM

45,270 posts, read 88,380,615 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by anifani821 View Post
Unreal. 5 o'clock coverage of this chase . . . and these are repeat offenders. The pictures they are using on WSOC, they stated, are from previous mug shots. How disgusting.
Did you see them being taken into the police station??? They were LAUGHING like this whole thing is some big joke, showing off for the tv cameras - disgusting. I want to just spank them!

Old 04-09-2008, 03:15 PM

3,322 posts, read 4,536,618 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesMountains View Post
Did you see them being taken into the police station??? They were LAUGHING like this whole thing is some big joke, showing off for the tv cameras - disgusting. I want to just spank them!

I want to just shoot them.

Yes, I said shoot.

Old 04-09-2008, 03:17 PM

1,453 posts, read 4,689,404 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by baybook View Post
Himan, I’m very sorry you feel this way, but really wish that you did not fan that flame. There are many people that do not practice situational ethics. There are times when the police use excessive force - period. It is wrong when it happens. It doesn't happen because the officer thinks the person deserves a beating. It happens because the officer is human. Their heart rate is off the chart, adrenalin is pumping and they over react. An officer is not a judge or jury and has no business dispensing any type of punishment.

For the record, I am the granddaughter of a couple that was murdered as a result of a home invasion robbery. It was a horrible time in my life and impacted my family terribly. My opinion didn’t change after the crime. Also, I have law enforcement members in my family and have nothing but respect for those that do a difficult job daily.
I totally disagree with you. EVERYONE practices situational ethics. They may say they don't but they absolutely do. You can't tell me that you don't respond to situations as they happen; you're human. You may practice more self control than your neighbor, but given the right set of circumstances you would do whatever it takes to survive.

Old 04-09-2008, 03:31 PM

These guys tried to rob a house and got scared off. Then stole a Toyota and then hijacked the public works truck. They took the meter off the house to disable the alarm. They also tried to break into another home earlier but were scared off..Nice mug shots btw..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte