U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-28-2019, 05:00 PM

1,778 posts, read 1,622,447 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedZin View Post
I tend to agree. The OP posts so often about crime that I cannot imagine she enjoys her home much.
Itís my understanding sheís a renter, why stay?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-28-2019, 06:07 PM

1,657 posts, read 1,845,811 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Midpack View Post
Itís my understanding sheís a renter, why stay?
Apparently the place she moved from before up north was also a place that she constantly slammed prior to leaving there (and ironically now wants to go back to). Not sure whatís so hard about leaving ChaRaq and hopping on 85 back up to the Northeast.

Old 03-03-2019, 12:38 PM

43 posts, read 52,283 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeusAV View Post
Apparently the place she moved from before up north was also a place that she constantly slammed prior to leaving there (and ironically now wants to go back to). Not sure whatís so hard about leaving ChaRaq and hopping on 85 back up to the Northeast.
EXACTLY-hence my response "Here we go again"

She'll pop up again with the same remarks about shooting....etc.

and I agree for the life of me I can't understand WHY she doesn't just move to another part of charlotte or even Fort Mill since she's so close.

But her posts speak for themselves, I'll just leave it at that.

Old 03-03-2019, 01:18 PM
NDL

3,103 posts, read 3,593,400 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Macdawgg View Post
EXACTLY-hence my response "Here we go again"

She'll pop up again with the same remarks about shooting....etc.

and I agree for the life of me I can't understand WHY she doesn't just move to another part of charlotte or even Fort Mill since she's so close.

But her posts speak for themselves, I'll just leave it at that.
I can't figure it out myself.

There are so many nice areas in Charlotte, that are low in crime. Why choose to be miserable?

Old 03-03-2019, 01:24 PM

156 posts, read 62,856 times
Why all of the ad hominem attacks?

Old 03-03-2019, 02:06 PM

155 posts, read 52,518 times
It would be interesting to know how many "shootings" occur as well as fatalities. I bet the numbers would double. Thank goodness that it is expensive to practice on firing ranges or it would be much worse. It is best if thugs are lousy shooters. I am surprised that murders seem to be rampant all around us, i.e. Rock Hill, Gastonia, Lincolnton, etc. If we leave it to certain politicians, we will eventually have our guns confiscated and pediatricians will be the only people allowed to kill. That's a joke.

Old 03-14-2019, 12:28 PM

34,497 posts, read 28,703,798 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Langerhans View Post
Why all of the ad hominem attacks?
I believe you are confusing "attacks" with "curiosity."

Old 03-14-2019, 01:30 PM

976 posts, read 731,151 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoPhils View Post
But murders were down 30% in 2018 vs 2017

Just wanted to point out a curiosity of crime stats (and investing). Something that declines 30% in one year (for example 100 -> 70) needs to rise 43% the next year to get back where it started (70*1.42857 = 100). Always good to keep in mind when before taking a sky is falling stance.

Old 03-14-2019, 03:57 PM

155 posts, read 52,518 times
It would be interesting to get a figure on non-fatal shootings versus fatal. I guess it is a lucky thing that thugs are always good shots. However, some fall into the category of justified self-defense, i.e. police.

Old 03-14-2019, 04:43 PM

6,800 posts, read 4,321,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jewkranian View Post
It would be interesting to get a figure on non-fatal shootings versus fatal. I guess it is a lucky thing that thugs are always good shots. However, some fall into the category of justified self-defense, i.e. police.
This isn't directly related to this topic, or Charlotte specifically, but ts interesting that you mention that. One reason murder rates have dropped nationally in recent years is that surgeons are getting better at treating gunshot wounds. In the past, the wounds would have fatal, but due at least in part to techniques learned in military situations, surgeons have learned methods to save the lives of gunshot victims.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or