U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-11-2008, 09:49 AM

9 posts, read 41,111 times

Advertisements

Hey, guys! I have a job in Hickory and will be moving down pretty soon. I'd really like to get a 3 month rental (house/room/apartment) so I can decide exactly where I want to be before purchasing a house. It's just me so a one bedroom will do. I would rather pay no more than $1,000/month and am looking in Hickory, Denver, Sherrills Ford, Troutman, Statesville, and Mooresville - I know that's a broad area, but I just haven't been able to find too many options on craigslist. Does anyone have any ideas? Thanks so much for your help!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-11-2008, 02:43 PM

3,819 posts, read 5,172,836 times
What time frame are you looking at? Now or in the summer months??

Old 04-11-2008, 02:55 PM

9 posts, read 41,111 times
As soon as possible. I will be starting my job April 28. I have a friend I can live with if I don't have anything right away, but my goal is to have something by then.

Old 04-13-2008, 05:51 PM

3,819 posts, read 5,172,836 times
Ah. I was asking because I may need to sublet my apartment for the summer. My lease ends in early September and I am a teacher who may go home to Michigan for the summer. But, I couldn't help ya until the end of May. Mid-May at the earliest as the friend I would need to stay with until school gets out is moving in mid-May.

Subletting would be cheaper than a short-term rental. My apartment complex charges an extra $200 a month for leases shorter than 6 months.

Old 05-18-2008, 10:27 AM

2 posts, read 10,737 times
Smile Temporary Housing Hickory

I'm looking for places to relocate and want to try the Hickory area out for size. I don't have much money but enough to survive 2-3mths on a sublet or some other temporary arrangement. If anyone is looking for someone to sublet or house sit say from june through august this would be perfect! I'm honest, clean, mature and an all around decent person if I say so my self. I need to move for a change of pace and scenery to get my life jump-started in a new direction. Thanks!

Old 06-19-2008, 05:09 PM

2 posts, read 6,207 times
Default Rentals or Sales

We live in Sherrills Ford and know of some houses in the Hickory/Conover/Newton/Claremont area. Some of these are really nice at a reasonable price. It would be only one-half the $1000 u mentioned, more like $500-$600. . Thanx, Steve
(
Quote:
Originally Posted by jenlt21 View Post
Hey, guys! I have a job in Hickory and will be moving down pretty soon. I'd really like to get a 3 month rental (house/room/apartment) so I can decide exactly where I want to be before purchasing a house. It's just me so a one bedroom will do. I would rather pay no more than $1,000/month and am looking in Hickory, Denver, Sherrills Ford, Troutman, Statesville, and Mooresville - I know that's a broad area, but I just haven't been able to find too many options on craigslist. Does anyone have any ideas? Thanks so much for your help!

Last edited by SunnyKayak; 06-19-2008 at 07:29 PM.. Reason: removed what is against tos

Old 03-01-2009, 08:26 AM

5 posts, read 18,181 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jenlt21 View Post
There are apartments in Conover and Hickory that will do a short term lease. I think 6 months is the shortest they want to go, however Argylle Place used to do a 3 month. Is your job in Hickory? I'll be glad to forward you information on more of the apartment complexes around. $1,000 a month is for a very nice apartment in this area!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte