U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-09-2019, 11:27 AM

33 posts, read 33,041 times

Advertisements

I got a traffic ticket on the left turn when the yellow light turned to red during the i tersecrukn . I got fine for $250 and I have already paid for it . My question is if it will affect the insurance and my license ? Do I need the driving course to fight off the point deducted ? I donít see anything mentioned about this .
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-09-2019, 02:33 PM

I got a traffic ticket on the left turn when the yellow light turned to red during the intersection.
(Sorry for the typo)

Old 04-09-2019, 05:13 PM

4,761 posts, read 6,436,322 times
Did you go to court or just mail in the fine? I've always been under the assumption mailing in the fine is the same as pleading guilty. If that is the case, you will get a couple points on your insurance and see an increase come the next renewal. Call the Clerk's office and ask if you can seek a Prayer for Judgement Continued (PJC) and attend the driving class. Be aware there are 4-hour courses and 8-hour courses. The 4-hour is probably what you seek. It's still kind of expensive. A couple hundred dollars if memory serves me.

Look up the Traffic Safety Council of NC. I think they are the ones who offer the court-approved classes. The prices on the website should give you a starting point.

Old 04-09-2019, 06:21 PM

51 posts, read 27,893 times
If you don’t mind me asking. What’s the name of the intersection? Depending on where it is. You may be able to go to court and have it thrown out. Based on the amount of time it took to you to get through the yellow to red light. The court knows it’s bad light timing (thanks to the engineers) and can often resort in a racket at certain intersections.

Old 04-09-2019, 06:44 PM

43 posts, read 30,899 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The True CLT Native Gal View Post
If you donít mind me asking. Whatís the name of the intersection? Depending on where it is. You may be able to go to court and have it thrown out. Based on the amount of time it took to you to get through the yellow to red light. The court knows itís bad light timing (thanks to the engineers) and can often resort in a racket at certain intersections.
Bad light timing and a racket? Why would they do this when they can sit at most any intersection in town and write red light tickets.

Old 04-10-2019, 01:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by spankys bbq View Post
Did you go to court or just mail in the fine? I've always been under the assumption mailing in the fine is the same as pleading guilty. If that is the case, you will get a couple points on your insurance and see an increase come the next renewal. Call the Clerk's office and ask if you can seek a Prayer for Judgement Continued (PJC) and attend the driving class. Be aware there are 4-hour courses and 8-hour courses. The 4-hour is probably what you seek. It's still kind of expensive. A couple hundred dollars if memory serves me.

Look up the Traffic Safety Council of NC. I think they are the ones who offer the court-approved classes. The prices on the website should give you a starting point.

Thanks for your advice I will check this out. I have already paid for the fine online and thought that would be over.

Old 04-10-2019, 01:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by packard40 View Post
Bad light timing and a racket? Why would they do this when they can sit at most any intersection in town and write red light tickets.

It was just bad day being caught. I saw 99% of the cars doing the same things what I did. It wasnít red light right away . I followed the previous cars during the yellow light and made the left turn. There were so many cars around speeding on providence road some even speeding on school zone at school time. I didnít see any cop out there to get them tickets.

Old 04-11-2019, 02:37 PM

359 posts, read 563,168 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zozoxxx View Post
It was just bad day being caught.
You would have made a solid point if you had just stopped right there.

Fact is, you got caught. Not the speeders, not the others, just you. It happens.

Now you're arguing a point here you should have gone to court and argued about.

If you were "At the point of control" at the intersection when the light turned yellow, and oncoming traffic continued coming as the light turned red, and once it stopped, then you proceeded to make your turn, in order not to remain in the middle of the intersection, that's perfectly legal.

What's not legal is being behind a line of cars, waiting to make the turn, and just following all of them after the light turns red in order to complete your turn, and rationalizing "Well, they all all did it, so can I"

The real world doesn't work like that. You should know this already, but I'm saying it anyways.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or