U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-12-2008, 12:23 PM

672 posts, read 1,646,151 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RISKYBUSINEZZ View Post
Racial inferences will never get old: some of us just choose to act as if it doesn't exist. I don't hear any racial tensions in Charlotte, but I was not referring to Charlotte either! And unless you came across it one time or another in your life, you don't have a clue. And I don't agree with you about ' you fit in where you choose to fit in', but coming from someone that thinks 'white trash fit in at trailer parks and people that appear to be "ghetto" need to live @ Nations Ford,... well I guess you put us in our place.
Let me just say that racial inferences can and do get old. Furthermore, it continues to exist because people like you continue to make it exist. Oh I have a clue. I have lived in many parts of the country and let me say I've learned enough to know that a lot of racial tension is "created." Ofcourse there are those that don't like blacks, etc and so be it that is there choice not mine, however, we weren't even talking about that. We were talking about Charlotte, and I have clearly stated that we don't have racial tension here.

And I am not putting anyone in their place. Like I said I feel bad for the people whos lives chose them but you know what most often it is a "choice." I wasn't born with a silver spoon in my mouth but I have financially bettered myself and my quality of life. There are many people who live their lives a drain on welfare, and have no problem doing so. Yes, those are the people that chose the hood and the trailers.

I made the wise crack about Nations Ford b/c well your "cousin" kept making the inferences about getting in where you fit in and the dilect that she was using and all the lingo was just a bit too much for me. She was implying that she didn't want to live in a nice area, that she was destined for the hood, so maybe going back and reading it would explain why I am so confused. And I wasn't the only one confused by all the commotion.

Old 04-12-2008, 12:24 PM

11,836 posts, read 25,430,019 times
Here's a link that may be helpful with pools.
Swimming Pools In Mecklenburg

Old 04-12-2008, 12:35 PM

4,607 posts, read 6,981,742 times
Thread Closed.

Last edited by autumngal; 04-12-2008 at 02:14 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte