Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-12-2008, 01:06 PM

3 posts, read 12,068 times

Advertisements

I have looked at both places and like them both. But can't decide on which one yet.Does anyone have any info they can share on either of these developments? Pro's and con's welcomed.Thank you
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-12-2008, 10:06 PM

7 posts, read 30,370 times
I live in Moss Creek. It's ok. The pool is very nice, but the development was supposed to include a shopping center, as well as a police/fire station on site. This was one of the reasons I purchased here and I think the developer was not all that truthful.

Old 04-12-2008, 11:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerseygal418 View Post
I live in Moss Creek. It's ok. The pool is very nice, but the development was supposed to include a shopping center, as well as a police/fire station on site. This was one of the reasons I purchased here and I think the developer was not all that truthful.
I heard the same thing about the shopping center and police/fire station.So are you saying that is not going to happen? I'm from jersey also by the way.

Old 04-14-2008, 10:04 AM

4 posts, read 14,081 times
Default Moss Creek

Hi,

We are going to be doing a scouting trip in May regarding a potential relocation. One of the developments we were interested in was Moss Creek from what we had seen of it on line.

It is not what it seems to be presenting itself as on it's website? What have you heard as the long range and short range plan if the other development (i.e. retail, police etc.) is not yet in place?

Thank you for any feedback you can offer.

lcmart

Old 04-14-2008, 10:38 AM

1,521 posts, read 4,952,454 times
Riverwalk backs up to the Speedway which in October and May have some big races. Also the Drag strip is being built so this could get loud for you. I believe Moss Creek is still building the commercial district at the edge of the neighborhood.

Out of the two I think I would pick Moss Creek.

Old 04-14-2008, 11:20 AM

999 posts, read 4,653,176 times
Saw a house we LOVED in Riverwalk.....but didn't like that the back yard either looked over a trailer park, or, on the other side, the speedway. Also, no community amenities, pool etc. I kept thinking that if I could have taken that house and plopped it down somewhere else we'd have been all set! Looked at Moss Creek briefly, but we just drove through, so I didn't get a real opinion of if.

Old 04-14-2008, 12:36 PM

2,560 posts, read 8,554,600 times
Moss Creek...cause it is further away from Lowes Motor Speedway & that new drag strip. Noise & traffic would not be fun around Pitts School Rd or 29 or Popular Tent Rd.

GOOD LUCK!

Have plenty of patients if you plan of living in Concord and work in Charlotte...read the signs on I-85 southbound near Popular Tent Rd...."Be Prepared to Stop"...traffic is horrible if you live in that area. VERY nice area though.

Old 04-14-2008, 12:58 PM

Thank you for all the info.

Old 04-14-2008, 01:01 PM

4 posts, read 14,081 times
Default Moss Creek

Hi,

What about the proposed retail development along with the police etc. that Moss Creek had/has planned? Is that still going to happen or has it been declared not at all?

We are targeting Concord when we come down in May to do a scouting trip for a potential relocation. I welcome any and all advise and information I can gather in advance. Schools are most important and we would like to be able to utilize the public system.

Thank you,
lcmart

Old 04-14-2008, 01:03 PM

1,521 posts, read 4,952,454 times
Schools Near MossCreek Not sure how often this is updated.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte