U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-28-2019, 08:41 AM

3 posts, read 2,147 times

Advertisements

Retired African American Married couple relocating from New York to the North Carolina area. Looking for more Inland Community around the Charlotte N C area. Interested in a Diverse community with low HOA fees and low Gas,Electric and utilities. No wooded areas and no near bye lakes. less chance of a Tornados or Hurricanes. Great Diverse schools with no crime rate. No heavy traffic. Lots of things to do. Can easily get to downtown Charlotte NC without a problem. Can anyone one help us with this Information.

Last edited by Orgthatis123; 04-28-2019 at 08:51 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-28-2019, 08:56 AM

165 posts, read 58,317 times
Please explain your interpretation of "great" schools, diversity, and close to downtown. You might want to give a ballpark of your housing allowance.

Old 04-28-2019, 12:25 PM

diverse schools near charlotte n c. 270.000 to 300.000 dollars for a house in a diverse community

Old 04-28-2019, 12:50 PM

275 posts, read 84,192 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Orgthatis123 View Post
diverse schools near charlotte n c. 270.000 to 300.000 dollars for a house in a diverse community
What is your definition of diverse? 50% white and 50% black? Some other proportion? What grades are your children in? How far from Uptown (which is what Charlotte calls its downtown) do you want to be? Any reason you don't want to be in Charlotte itself?

Some of your requirements are curious or impossible to find. No crime rate? What does that mean? "No crime rate"? Everywhere has at least some crime. "No near bye lakes"...how far is "near bye"? "Less chance of tornadoes or hurricanes"...the chance is the same everywhere around Charlotte. "No heavy traffic"...rush hour around Charlotte has heavy traffic everywhere.

Have you ever visited Charlotte before? That would probably be a good first step.

Old 04-28-2019, 06:45 PM

at least 30% black in the Suburb Community. Don't matter what % of other races it has. Forget about schools, we are retired with no kids. Just wanna have fun in the Suburb Community with all races but at least have some African American. Forget about crime, tornados and hurricanes we can't control that. We wanna find a nice Suburb Community about 20 minutes from Uptown Charlotte or In Charlotte but not close to Uptown. Don't want to drive thru farm lands or country from our house to remote to uptown. Don't wanna move into a suburb community with woods, pounds or lakes. Trails is ok. Ranch style homes only in the 270.000- 300.000 range. I'm coming to visit the end of July. Just wanna know where to start. plan on meeting with the builders then go from there. There's 2 builders I'm interested in. Robert weekly and m/I homes. Hope this will help.

Old 04-28-2019, 08:16 PM

1,452 posts, read 992,914 times
Concord, Rock Hill, Steele Creek

Old 05-04-2019, 06:15 PM

59 posts, read 81,317 times
I would be open to considering a condo/apartment/townhome in close proximity to downtown. You may also find some single-family detached homes, w/no HOA, in the Wilmore vicinity (near downtown).

Old 05-04-2019, 11:31 PM
NDL

3,125 posts, read 3,609,225 times
Quote:
at least 30% black in the Suburb Community. Don't matter what % of other races it has. Forget about schools, we are retired with no kids. Just wanna have fun in the Suburb Community with all races but at least have some African American. Forget about crime, tornados and hurricanes we can't control that. We wanna find a nice Suburb Community about 20 minutes from Uptown Charlotte or In Charlotte but not close to Uptown. Don't want to drive thru farm lands or country from our house to remote to uptown. Don't wanna move into a suburb community with woods, pounds or lakes. Trails is ok. Ranch style homes only in the 270.000- 300.000 range. I'm coming to visit the end of July. Just wanna know where to start. plan on meeting with the builders then go from there. There's 2 builders I'm interested in. Robert weekly and m/I homes. Hope this will help.
The Oakhurst section of Charlotte might be a good fit.

Old 05-05-2019, 08:56 PM

144 posts, read 91,838 times
Quote:
Don't think you will find a 30% black suburb around Charlotte to be honest. Lots of trees though, and trails to pounds by lakes. All about 20 minutes in each direction except Down from Uptown.

Old 05-05-2019, 09:01 PM

2,827 posts, read 4,133,008 times
New/newer construction is your best bet as most of the established neighborhoods in and around Charlotte have trees. You should have plenty of diversity in your price range with new construction homes.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or