Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-16-2019, 04:45 PM

2,348 posts, read 4,817,186 times

Advertisements

hello, anyone have any experience with this builder? Looking to get some feedback on a house/lot we've honed in on but don't know alot about this builder's quality, process and overall reputation.

Any insight from folks living in TM communities would be appreciated!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-17-2019, 09:53 PM

5 posts, read 3,476 times
Default Taylor Morrison

Hi,

I am also interested to know about this Builder and their project feedback. Please let us know if you have any idea.

Old 05-19-2019, 03:56 AM

1,873 posts, read 2,406,015 times
Over the course of 7 months we looked at Lennar, Pulte, Shea, Ryan, M/I, Meritage, Mattamy, CalAtlantic, and much more seriously at Taylor Morrison/Bonterra, David Weekley, Toll Bros, Fielding and Epcon. After all was said and done, we found you get what you pay for. Taylor Morrison is somewhere in the middle, there are better and there are worse.

I’d recommend you walk around the neighborhood(s) you’re interested in and talk to as many actual homeowners there as you can - ask them about their experience before, during and after buying. Go there more than once. It’s amazing what you can learn. If you know anything about construction, walk through some homes in progress where you can see inside the walls. In the end, we’ve decided to buy a resale (not new) to get a better location in an established neighborhood.

Old 05-19-2019, 05:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midpack View Post
Over the course of 7 months we looked at Lennar, Pulte, Shea, Ryan, M/I, Meritage, Mattamy, CalAtlantic, and much more seriously at Taylor Morrison/Bonterra, David Weekley, Toll Bros, Fielding and Epcon. After all was said and done, we found you get what you pay for. Taylor Morrison is somewhere in the middle, there are better and there are worse.

I’d recommend you walk around the neighborhood(s) you’re interested in and talk to as many actual homeowners there as you can - ask them about their experience before, during and after buying. Go there more than once. It’s amazing what you can learn. If you know anything about construction, walk through some homes in progress where you can see inside the walls. In the end, we’ve decided to buy a resale (not new) to get a better location in an established neighborhood.
Thanks..yeah seems most people don't know alot about TM or nothing at all being they are relatively new to the charlotte market. Some realtors we've spoke with have sold a few with them and speak positively about them. You make a good point about resale..What I am seeing is some of the available lots have question marks around them or just wouldn't have been our first choice. I suppose thats the case with a resale to some extent, but at least you have more choices in resales. We're still tossing around the idea of resale over a build, but I can spec out the house pretty nice with TM.

I do know alot about construction so walking in the houses and asking neighbors questions is the next step when we get down there for a visit in a few weeks.

Old 05-19-2019, 08:37 AM

1,873 posts, read 2,406,015 times
I assume you know TM bought out Bonterra Homes recently, they had several neighborhoods around Charlotte. Many/some/most of those people are now with TM. You might ask about Bonterra too, all our info came from the former.

Old 05-19-2019, 05:05 PM

930 posts, read 2,160,871 times
Bonterra Builders is now Taylor Morrison. I have not worked with them, but that could be the reason no one has a lot of information. They are relatively new to the area.

Old 05-19-2019, 07:04 PM

5 posts, read 3,476 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skids929 View Post
Thanks..yeah seems most people don't know alot about TM or nothing at all being they are relatively new to the charlotte market. Some realtors we've spoke with have sold a few with them and speak positively about them. You make a good point about resale..What I am seeing is some of the available lots have question marks around them or just wouldn't have been our first choice. I suppose thats the case with a resale to some extent, but at least you have more choices in resales. We're still tossing around the idea of resale over a build, but I can spec out the house pretty nice with TM.

I do know alot about construction so walking in the houses and asking neighbors questions is the next step when we get down there for a visit in a few weeks.

Thanks all for your responses..

Hi Skids,

I will start looking for more info. Just got the news that one of my friend bought a house with TM . I will share info as much I can get.

Thanks

Old 05-20-2019, 07:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bidmad View Post
Thanks all for your responses..

Hi Skids,

I will start looking for more info. Just got the news that one of my friend bought a house with TM . I will share info as much I can get.

Thanks
thanks! I will be looking forward to hearing more about it!

Old 05-28-2019, 01:03 PM

9 posts, read 8,785 times
There is a new TM neighborhood being built around the corner from me here in York County. Floorplans look amazing but I haven't made a trip to their model...did see Bonterra model homes which were beautiful. I would recommend a home inspection on any purchase, even new construction. If you'd like me to walk the neighborhood via facetime with you or need a recommendation for home inspector just message me. I am happy to help!

Christina Geis
REALTOR Carolina Homes Connection
(803) 627.0304
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
View detailed profiles of: