U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-13-2008, 10:03 PM

22 posts, read 45,194 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barkingowl View Post
The Flying Saucer might be open.
Thanks, owl, I'll keep that in mind.
Quick reply to this message

Old 04-13-2008, 10:06 PM

45,270 posts, read 88,336,506 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bubbis View Post
Yeah, I was afraid of that... Thanks for letting me know so I can respectfully get out of dodge after the show.

Please pardon the irritation, but I'd expect more of a singles scene in such a large city --no matter what day of the week it may be. I planned to see the show with my two friends for whom I bought tickets, and then spend all sorts of money downtown on food and drinks; guess that isn't going to happen.

Anyway, to answer your question, the concert is at Verizon Amphitheater... I'm seriously considering selling my tickets now if I can only expect a good time to come from the show and nothing else.

Let me ask you now: Do you all have one of those backwards laws like SC that prohibits me from buying alcohol on Sundays?

Since the show is at Verizon I would expect you could find some places in the University area to go after the show - if you change your mind and decide to keep the tickets. Beer and wine are available in our grocery stores and restaurants 7 days a week. Our alcohol sales are all done thru our ABC stores, which are not open on Sundays.

You may view all this as backward and very inconvenient - but good family living is what attracts a lot of people to this very nice city to live

Old 04-13-2008, 10:15 PM

22,974 posts, read 58,495,490 times
If the concert at Verizon bring a jacket. I cant find a 7 day forcast but the lows for Friday night is in the 50's. I would love to see Rush again but my partner does not care for their music. When I was single I had some similar issues and it is like this across the state. Friday nights was sort of dead and it took me awhile to learn that is "date night" Go see a movie type of thing.
Saturdays like in most states is when everything is hopping. Sundays I assume was dead because everyone had to get to work on Monday mornings.

Now that I have a different perspective in life and someone special I see what Charlotte can offer. It does have a weak nightlife but the daylife here is phenominal in my opinion.
Enough stuff to do here during the day all you want to do is crash by the evening.

Old 04-13-2008, 10:16 PM

11,836 posts, read 25,439,225 times
Quote:
Thanks, owl, I'll keep that in mind.
Looks like you're in luck. Its open from noon - midnight on Sundays.
(704) 568-7ALE

Old 04-13-2008, 10:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesMountains View Post
Since the show is at Verizon I would expect you could find some places in the University area to go after the show - if you change your mind and decide to keep the tickets. Beer and wine are available in our grocery stores and restaurants 7 days a week. Our alcohol sales are all done thru our ABC stores, which are not open on Sundays.

You may view all this as backward and very inconvenient - but good family living is what attracts a lot of people to this very nice city to live
Cool, thanks for the info on the booze, lovesMountains.

I only view 'blue law' states as backward, by the way; I merely view Charlotte as extremely lame for a city of half a million.

Old 04-13-2008, 10:18 PM

45,270 posts, read 88,336,506 times
Quote:
Cool, thanks for the info on the booze, lovesMountains.

I only view 'blue law' states as backward, by the way; I merely view Charlotte as extremely lame for a city of half a million.
hahahaha - well, that's okay, it's not the place for everybody

Best of luck with whatever you decide to do.

Old 04-13-2008, 10:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnyKayak View Post
If the concert at Verizon bring a jacket. I cant find a 7 day forcast but the lows for Friday night is in the 50's. I would love to see Rush again but my partner does not care for their music. When I was single I had some similar issues and it is like this across the state. Friday nights was sort of dead and it took me awhile to learn that is "date night" Go see a movie type of thing.
Saturdays like in most states is when everything is hopping. Sundays I assume was dead because everyone had to get to work on Monday mornings.

Now that I have a different perspective in life and someone special I see what Charlotte can offer. It does have a weak nightlife but the daylife here is phenominal in my opinion.
Enough stuff to do here during the day all you want to do is crash by the evening.
Excellent advice. Thanks, Sunny.

Old 04-13-2008, 10:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesMountains View Post
hahahaha - well, that's okay, it's not the place for everybody

Best of luck with whatever you decide to do.
Thanks for taking the time to help me, lovesMountains.

Old 04-13-2008, 10:27 PM

11,836 posts, read 25,439,225 times
bubbis I was just thinking... The Men's Club off Tyvola will be open. They have great food & "other" entertainment as well.

Old 04-13-2008, 10:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barkingowl View Post
bubbis I was just thinking... The Men's Club off Tyvola will be open. They have great food & "other" entertainment as well.
Excellent. I'll have a male and female in my presence, and that may prove to be a 'kinky' pit-stop! Good food? At a strip joint? I've never had better than a pack of Lance peanuts at such a place. Just curious, what do they serve?

Thanks for the continued input!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte