Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-13-2008, 10:39 PM

11,839 posts, read 28,947,412 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubbis View Post
Excellent. I'll have a male and female in my presence, and that may prove to be a 'kinky' pit-stop! Good food? At a strip joint? I've never had better than a pack of Lance peanuts at such a place. Just curious, what do they serve?

Thanks for the continued input!
Steak, seafood, lobster. I can't find a menu online. I'd really like to strangle their marketing person.

There's another great place, more casual, called The Penguin. Its open till 2am on Sundays.
Penguin - Charlotte, NC, 28205-5019 - Citysearch
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-14-2008, 10:54 AM

4,729 posts, read 19,424,271 times
If they are playing at Verizon, plan on 2-3 hours to get out of the parking lot. Flying saucer will be the neares option, but the beer is awesome. Food is not too good (drunk people food).

Old 04-14-2008, 11:57 AM

2,560 posts, read 8,552,153 times
Quote:
Sheesh, this is looking like the typical Southern city with regards to singles: lame as hell. Oh, well, no surprise there...

Thanks for the information anyhow, Sunny.

bubbis
Since Charlotte is so lame...perhaps you need not come. If your city is so hapenning...why don't you see Rush there?

Old 04-14-2008, 12:12 PM

4,729 posts, read 19,424,271 times
Sounds like someone who gos to concerts not for the music...but to try to score. It's a Sunday night, what do you expect?

Old 04-14-2008, 07:53 PM

10,113 posts, read 10,964,222 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by the 7 oh 4 View Post
Since Charlotte is so lame...perhaps you need not come. If your city is so hapenning...why don't you see Rush there?
I read the entire post and was a'wonderin' where the OP lives ... must be a rocking place.

Old 04-15-2008, 05:58 AM

4,222 posts, read 7,895,215 times
Quote:
Thanks, lovesMountains, that gives me some options that I hadn't seen thus far. Hated to be a whiner and bump the thread, but I'm not familiar with Charlotte and, like I said, I'd expect any big city to have its night spots --even on Sundays.

Regards,

bubbis
What do you mean when you say, "No southern food, Please!" If you don't like it, don't eat it. Unfortunately, Charlotte doesn't have enough southern food restaurants. Of course there are dozens of other kinds of restaurants in downtown Charlotte. For economic reasons, many close on Sundays as Monday is the beginning of the workweek and people don't go out as much. I am sure that if they knew you were in town, they would change that policy. I would bet you don't come from a large city. If you did, you would realize that practically all large cities slow down on Sundays. It is always a good idea for one to get on the internet and look at a city's chamber of commerce's information to investigate what is going on in cities before insulting people with one's ignorance . May I suggest that you stay in the place where you have found the livliest and bypass Charlotte. We're just not ready for you enlightening individuals that can inform us of our deficiencies.

Old 04-28-2008, 05:00 PM

22 posts, read 52,297 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by the 7 oh 4 View Post
Good idea. An outsider can't get hardly any advice about what late-night food and entertainment in which to indulge in your city of half a million with a lovely downtown area, and will arrive with a big chunk of change to spend during their stay, and instead of wooing them to spend that money you drive them away. That backward Southern thought process that I always hear about is becoming quite apparent.

By the way, the city in which I live is quite "hapenning" and I will see Rush there as well in a month, thank you. I "hapen" to catch Rush every chance I get. Currently my city isn't even doing as well as Charlotte economically, which is the sad part. Fortunately, many people where I live are evidently more progressive and enjoy a more robust nightlife.

Old 04-28-2008, 05:11 PM

22 posts, read 52,297 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vindaloo View Post
What do you mean when you say, "No southern food, Please!" If you don't like it, don't eat it. Unfortunately, Charlotte doesn't have enough southern food restaurants. Of course there are dozens of other kinds of restaurants in downtown Charlotte. For economic reasons, many close on Sundays as Monday is the beginning of the workweek and people don't go out as much. I am sure that if they knew you were in town, they would change that policy. I would bet you don't come from a large city. If you did, you would realize that practically all large cities slow down on Sundays. It is always a good idea for one to get on the internet and look at a city's chamber of commerce's information to investigate what is going on in cities before insulting people with one's ignorance . May I suggest that you stay in the place where you have found the livliest and bypass Charlotte. We're just not ready for you enlightening individuals that can inform us of our deficiencies.
Christ, calm down. I don't eat Southern food (I prefer not to be perpetually lethargic and suffer from self-inflicted diabetes)... which is why I stated, "No Southern food, please!" If anyone was going to be kind enough to provide suggestions, I was informing them of what I was not looking for. How the hell else was I suppose to say it?!?!?!?!???

And that's *******s to claim that most large cities don't have a strong nightlife on Sundays. I've lived in three northern and West coast big cities and they've all been exciting no matter what day of the week it might be. What you claim is pure *******s.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte