U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-13-2008, 10:20 PM

72 posts, read 146,154 times
Default Wicked Lottery?

Has anyone tried to go do the lottery for Wicked tickets? I'm thinking about going down some of the days this week to try it out.

Is it worth the hassle or is a total long shot?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-13-2008, 10:36 PM

21,685 posts, read 37,059,566 times
I am unfamilar with the term "wicked tickets" Is it a special promo they will be doing I can find any info on the state lottery website?

Old 04-13-2008, 10:40 PM

43,307 posts, read 51,838,864 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnyKayak View Post
I am unfamilar with the term "wicked tickets" Is it a special promo they will be doing I can find any info on the state lottery website?
Sunny, "Wicked" is a Broadway show coming to the Blumenthal
I believe tickets are hard to come by.

I have to confess, the title of the thread threw me for a minute too, LOL! Thought for a second there we had a new religion thread!!

Old 04-13-2008, 10:42 PM

HAHA, no, Wicked as in the broadway play. As in the one that is here until Saturday. The tickets sold out lickety split back in November, but they held 20 tickets for each show and are doing a lottery for them before the performance.

Although, if no one knows about it, maybe I should have kept the information to myself

whoops!

Old 04-13-2008, 11:03 PM

21,685 posts, read 37,059,566 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cabercro View Post
HAHA, no, Wicked as in the broadway play. As in the one that is here until Saturday. The tickets sold out lickety split back in November, but they held 20 tickets for each show and are doing a lottery for them before the performance.

Although, if no one knows about it, maybe I should have kept the information to myself

whoops!
LOL
OOPS .. I hope you get the information you are wanting

Old 04-14-2008, 07:19 AM

29 posts, read 55,434 times
I haven't tried to get tickets through the lottery, but if you have the time, the show is definitely worth the hassle. We saw it in NY last summer and it is excellent!

Old 04-14-2008, 08:38 AM

4,732 posts, read 12,923,319 times
I won the lottery on Friday on my 2nd try (was there Thursday too). There were 105 people on Thursday and 139 people on Friday. There are 20 tix available and most people want two tix, so there are 10 drawings per show. The seats we won were about 15 feet from the stage and normally reserved for wheelchair patrons. The show was awesome. Your luck will be better during the weekday shows. Oh, and we also got two cool buttons that say "I won the Wicked lottery." It's actually not much of a hassle...parking is easy (so long as there is not a daytime matinee) and free. They begin taking names at 5:30 and draw at 6 and since it is a random drawing, you can be the last person in line and your chances are equal. If you don't win, you leave. If you win, you stick around or maybe grab a quick bite nearby, but you have to drive to get anywhere from there.

Last edited by groove1; 04-14-2008 at 09:20 AM..

Old 04-15-2008, 08:09 AM

Caber, did you give it a shot?

Old 04-15-2008, 12:54 PM

I'm going tonight. And tomorrow if i don't get it...

And probably Thursday, as well.

My friend was actually was able to get tickets for us back in November, so I went to see it Saturday. I am not a musical theater/broadway person AT ALL, but I am absolutely in love with this show. Enough that I'm willing to drive all the way from Indian Trail to wait for tickets.

So here's hoping!

Old 04-15-2008, 01:09 PM

Yeah, my coworker and her hubby are season ticket subscribers. The one woman they go with doesn't usually bring her hubby along because this isn't his thing either, but even he went and enjoyed this. They are occasionally releasing tix thru the box office; most are expensive.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $79,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte