Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-19-2006, 03:17 PM

249 posts, read 874,723 times

Advertisements

Ha, good question on how long it takes to build. We originally purchased early last summer and were told 8-10 months because they wouldnt be starting construction for a long while. Then they told us they wanted us to close the end of Nov (there year end) but obviously that didnt happen.

So, in the end... they poured the foundation in August and we should close by the end of next month. I believe they say actual build time is 3-4 months but we are looking at 5 due to some delays when the house sat for weeks at a time.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-19-2006, 03:20 PM

15 posts, read 49,987 times
Thats not bad turn around at all! My best scenario would be to buy in the next 2 months and be done by july and move here before the kids start school. The sales agent mentioned to me that prices typically go up every month. Is that pretty true?

Old 12-19-2006, 03:38 PM

218 posts, read 253,512 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by New2Charlotte View Post

I am currently renting near HF and am not crazy about the neighborhood (about 1-2 miles up the road), we are definitely looking forward to moving into berewick.

Personally, I would consider rivergate in the immediate area... it takes less than 10 minutes and there is little traffic any time of day on the back roads. I also think Berewick is the nicer neighborhood, correct me if i'm wrong but huntington forest will not have anything like what berewick will have. Dont forget that they are going to be putting shops, restaurants, parks etc in berewick.
What is it thats so bad about Huntington Forest? The McCar section can't be compared to the DR Horton and Shea side. What neighborhood are you renting in that makes you so knowledgeable about Huntington Forest?

How do you figure Rivergate is less than 10 minutes? You take Shopton all the way and it's over 7 miles, you cut onto Steele Creek from Westinghouse, and it's almost the same distance! Saying there is no traffic on these "back roads" is not correct. What backroads are you talking about?? Berewick nicer than HF? I really don't see what you are talking about. The clubhouse/pool is just as nice. You're saying some proposed development down the line makes it nicer now?

Old 12-19-2006, 03:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by New2Charlotte View Post
And for the record, I have heard lots of not so great things about mccar and shea on these forums. KB gets some bad publicity imo because they are such a huge company. The majority of the complaints I have seen come out of texas, not to justify it just trying to be clear. I havent really read anything substansive on these forums about them in NC either good or bad.

I'm sure there are better builders out there but kb has a very good price per sq ft price point.

I am very interested in hearing from anyone else building in berewick.
How is it that you are in a position to "hear" or "not read" something on these forums when you supposedly "joined" today??? Are you sure you're not a rep/salesperson for KB???

I find it interesting KB Homes made top billing in a Forbes article titled "Top 10 Corporate Hate websites". No other national builder was mentioned. KB was mentioned with companies like Wal-Mart, PayPal, and Microsoft. Here is the link: http://www.forbes.com/2005/03/07/cx_cw_0308hate_2.html

Last edited by Charlotte ePro; 12-19-2006 at 04:02 PM..

Old 12-19-2006, 04:00 PM

What??? I am a little confused by you. I did just join today and I am new. I was just asking some questions. What are you talking about??

Old 12-19-2006, 04:03 PM

I wasn't addressing you, all my comments are quoting the other person participating in this thread.

Old 12-19-2006, 04:04 PM

oh... okay. I was starting to get very confused ;-)

Old 12-19-2006, 05:07 PM

I didn't say anything that wasn't true. I DID NOT say anything bad about Huntington Forest, it actually looks pretty nice... but I live 2 miles away and I am unhappy with that neighborhood.

But let's call a spade a spade... I personally believe you are looking to get this person to purchase a lightly used house so that you can help them put a deal together and put some $$ in your pocket. I on the other hand am currently building in berewick and would like to have a conversation on a public forum. I DO NOT work for kb, write that down. And for the record, I joined today so I could post on this topic, you are right. I have been reading here for weeks but since I am new to charlotte I didn't have anything to comment on until this thread.

"Saying there is no traffic on these "back roads" is not correct"
I drive by my house under construction daily and a few times a week go straight down shopton to the rivergate plaza. That would be between 5:00-6:30 pm and there is no traffic. Sorry, but thats a fact.

"You're saying some proposed development down the line makes it nicer now?"
YES! I plan to live in this house for a long time so I definitely am interested in intermediate to long term growth... which by the way is not that far away. The plan is already in place.

"How is it that you are in a position to "hear" or "not read" something on these forums"
Wow, right again. I should have typed read, its a common mistake to switch the two... you've never read something and said you heard it? I am not trying to lie.

Now please go away and let the other public members of this forum post with one another... I really can't understand what you found so offensive but by your aggressive nature I have a pretty good idea on your character.

I am hoping this thread does not get ignored because of this meaningless banter. I am very interested in the opinions of others building in berewick and the surrounding areas.

Old 12-19-2006, 05:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovethecarolinas View Post
Well, I am sure this will get you started...but when did this turn into the Charlotte ePro forum?

Why do you seem to attack anyone that might have a different opinion than your own? You have accused others that you disagree with...on this forum of promoting their own agenda...yet are you not doing this as well? (the way you are acting now...I can't imagine it being good for any future business you might garner from this site).

Oh and one last thing.....anyone can read these forums as much as they want, and for as long as they want without joining...the only thing they can not do is post...and for that..then they would have to join the site.
Where have I said it did? You sure like making up things I have "said", like when you posted that I said Berewick was in NW Charlotte! Cleary you don't actually read what I write, so how can you form any accurate basis on the way I am "acting."

I don't attack anyone. I merely point out when someone makes a claim as fact, that has no merit backing the claim up. Is it wrong for me to ask someone to backup their position? When have I accused someone that I "disagree" with for having their own agenda? I've only pointed out people twisting threads around with bogus info to get their solicitation across? When have I ever solicited anything? What agenda have I promoted? Any "confrontational" posts I have made, have always had thought and proof of what I was talking about. Thats the way "debate" works.

Thank you for your last comment, I know what a lurker is. A person who lurks the forum doesn't make their first comments sound like a sales brochure with an excuse for every possible negative against KB in one thread, and doesn't participate in anything else. I guarantee if you research the first few posts made by active members here with 20-200 posts you will see none exhibited that pattern of posting behavior.

I've been in the online forum business since 1998. I know what I am talking about.

Old 12-19-2006, 05:17 PM

"The sales agent mentioned to me that prices typically go up every month. Is that pretty true?"

To some extent, there have been a few months that did not have a price increase. And online it looks like they went down 1k this month on the house I bought so its hard to know for sure (they figure something in for lots online but thats really a variable cost). One thing to consider is if there is a lot you really like you may want to jump on it.

This is not by any means to bash mccar but we almost bought from them. We had the plan picked out (hanley) and everything and when they got to me on the waiting list they told me the price went up $16,500!! That scared us into moving quickly with another builder to avoid a similiar situation because our budget couldnt handle the large increase. Just a note that prices can change and in some cases significantly. I still love the hanley floor model but have "read" a long thread full of complaints that actually had a vp at mccar step in.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte