U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 12-19-2006, 05:26 PM
 
249 posts, read 797,423 times
Reputation: 97

Advertisements

"I've only pointed out people twisting threads around with bogus info to get their solicitation across? "
Unbelievable... you are the real estate agent and you call me a solicitor??

LET ME SAY THIS CLEARLY, I AM CONCERNED ABOUT THE KB HOME I AM BUILDING! I WOULD LOVE TO HEAR ABOUT ANY PROBLEMS OTHER KB CUSTOMERS HAVE EXPERIENCED! I WOULD ALSO LIKE TO HEAR POSITIVE COMMENTS.

"I know what a lurker is. A person who lurks the forum doesn't make their first comments sound like a sales brochure with an excuse for every possible negative against KB in one thread"
Sorry, guess you feel the need to name call. If by lurker you mean someone who reads and only posts when they have something to say... then sure... guess I am a lurker. What excuses did I make for kb? Yes, I have been to kb you know what .com and found most of the complaints from texas. I am concerned that my house will have problems I even said I would be having an inspector come out and I would post about it. Btw, I just moved from texas this summer so I happen to know a few folks with kb homes out there.

"I've been in the online forum business since 1998. I know what I am talking about."
Well, you sure proved a point there (tongue firmly in cheek).

All I want to do is have an open forum with others interested in this topic. Not argue with a salesman.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 12-19-2006, 06:02 PM
 
Location: Charlotte
218 posts, read 187,281 times
Reputation: 43
So why include HF in the same sentence as something negative where it could be easily interpreted thats the neighborhood you were talking about? Why not just say, I rent in x neighborhood and I am not happy. What did that have to do with HF? The only logical answer I saw at the time is you were trying to discredit what I was saying, and yes! lets call a spade a spade. You are 100% wrong. I have no listings in HF. I have helped a few people buy a home there, which is why I know a lot about it. The info I gave was sound advice. In developments that have been around for 2 years and still have a builder presence, having to compete with new construction in the same neighborhood makes selling your home hard! Therefore people that are in a desperate situation will do almost whatever it takes. I only suggested that neighborhood because I knew it was close to Rivergate.
Quote:
Originally Posted by New2Charlotte View Post
I DO NOT work for kb, write that down.
If you say so. You seemed to be pretty defensive of KB considering you haven't moved in. How is it that you were able make a decision to purchase there "last summer" if you don't know anything about Charlotte now? That just doesn't add up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by New2Charlotte View Post
I drive by my house under construction daily and a few times a week go straight down shopton to the rivergate plaza. That would be between 5:00-6:30 pm and there is no traffic. Sorry, but thats a fact.
I do a lot of driving around the Steele Creek area, more than a "few times a week". There is road construction going on at the intersection of 49 and Westinghouse. There are all kinds of plants and warehouses with trucks going up and down all day. The new development along Shopton causes a lot of holdups as well. Traffic is backed up a lot due to these roads only being 2 lane! When someone has to take a left, traffic stops! If a truck has to back into a warehouse, traffic stops! Even if your scenario were true, it would not take less than 10 minutes. That was my original point. If you think it's an acceptable distance, fine.. I feel there are better options out there that are more convenient. My opinion... no one has to agree. I was only disagreeing with your timeframe comment.
Quote:
Originally Posted by New2Charlotte View Post
"You're saying some proposed development down the line makes it nicer now?"
YES! I plan to live in this house for a long time so I definitely am interested in intermediate to long term growth... which by the way is not that far away. The plan is already in place.
Well I am glad you are interested, but having a "plan in place" does not add to current market value, and telling someone to bank on it's completion as a viable reason to buy is not good advice. I can go forever on "plans in place" that never went anywhere, i.e. The Harris Family pond. How many "plans in place" has that had over the years??
Quote:
Originally Posted by New2Charlotte View Post
"How is it that you are in a position to "hear" or "not read" something on these forums"
Wow, right again. I should have typed read, its a common mistake to switch the two... you've never read something and said you heard it? I am not trying to lie..
Thats not what I meant... I'm not trying to point out grammatical technicalities. Geesh.. I've made countless myself. I didn't say you were trying to lie. I was merely pointing out that you seemed to know a lot about the content on this forum, and had just registered today. You made two comments stating like you had been here for quite some time. You said "you haven't read anything good or bad on KB relating to NC" and that you have "heard" bad things about other builders on this forum. Well there have been some negative comments on KB here, like the other builders you talked about. I just thought it was odd that all your claims pertaining to KB seemed a bit slanted. I was asking a legit question, you didn't have to take it as me disagreeing with you.[/quote]
Quote:
Originally Posted by New2Charlotte View Post
Now please go away and let the other public members of this forum post with one another... I really can't understand what you found so offensive but by your aggressive nature I have a pretty good idea on your character.

I am hoping this thread does not get ignored because of this meaningless banter. I am very interested in the opinions of others building in berewick and the surrounding areas.
Well I was here before you, so I don't think you are in a position to tell me that. I have never prevented other members from posting with one another. I find it funny you trying to address my character. You judge people by what they write?? What exactly is aggressive? How is this meaningless banter?

I found nothing offensive. I only wanted you to back up your claim on why you thought HF was a bad neighborhood. I LIKE DEBATE!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-19-2006, 06:16 PM
 
Location: Charlotte
218 posts, read 187,281 times
Reputation: 43
Quote:
Originally Posted by New2Charlotte View Post
"I've only pointed out people twisting threads around with bogus info to get their solicitation across? "
Unbelievable... you are the real estate agent and you call me a solicitor??

LET ME SAY THIS CLEARLY, I AM CONCERNED ABOUT THE KB HOME I AM BUILDING! I WOULD LOVE TO HEAR ABOUT ANY PROBLEMS OTHER KB CUSTOMERS HAVE EXPERIENCED! I WOULD ALSO LIKE TO HEAR POSITIVE COMMENTS.

"I know what a lurker is. A person who lurks the forum doesn't make their first comments sound like a sales brochure with an excuse for every possible negative against KB in one thread"
Sorry, guess you feel the need to name call. If by lurker you mean someone who reads and only posts when they have something to say... then sure... guess I am a lurker. What excuses did I make for kb? Yes, I have been to kb you know what .com and found most of the complaints from texas. I am concerned that my house will have problems I even said I would be having an inspector come out and I would post about it. Btw, I just moved from texas this summer so I happen to know a few folks with kb homes out there.

"I've been in the online forum business since 1998. I know what I am talking about."
Well, you sure proved a point there (tongue firmly in cheek).

All I want to do is have an open forum with others interested in this topic. Not argue with a salesman.
clearly you didn't read the quote. I wasn't talking to you, and was referring to many other threads I have particpated in in that post, it wasn't specifically all about you. And lurker is not a negative term. It's just the definition for someone who browses forums, but never particpates. I am not a salesman, and Yes I did prove a point.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-19-2006, 06:27 PM
 
249 posts, read 797,423 times
Reputation: 97
"If you say so. You seemed to be pretty defensive of KB considering you haven't moved in. How is it that you were able make a decision to purchase there "last summer" if you don't know anything about Charlotte now? That just doesn't add up."

How am I being defensive??? Yes, I made the purchase last summer... June to be specific. Have you ever heard of a corporate relocation? I have lived here since the summer and I know as much as anyone would considering my length of residency.

"Why not just say, I rent in x neighborhood and I am not happy"
I said I was living 1-2 miles away, how does that imply I live in HF?

"I do a lot of driving around the Steele Creek area, more than a "few times a week".
I drive to rivergate a few times a week, berewick everyday. Maybe you noticed the light at shopton and steelcreek? Not to mention that route from berewick does not touch that trouble spot. There is NO traffic congestion between berewick and rivergate when you go straight down shopton. That said, who cares? I'm not trying to sell berewick, I was talking with someone that was interested in purchasing there. Also note I stated that HF had a better elementary school.

"Well I am glad you are interested, but having a "plan in place" does not add to current market value, and telling someone to bank on it's completion as a viable reason to buy is not good advice"
Show me one pappa's property that did not build their plan. They have an excellent rep on what they do. You make no sense. This statement is completely wrong, why the heck would you not invest in property based specifically on a plan? What do you base it on, that you are 5 minutes closer to harris teeter? Give me a break.

"You judge people by what they write?? "
Why wouldn't you? Dont you write what you feel/think?

"How is this meaningless banter"
Because the thread is clearly titled Berewick community and this side tangent is useless to that subject.

"Well I was here before you, so I don't think you are in a position to tell me that. "
Holy cow, what are these playground rules?? I obviously was not telling you to get off these boards, but dont hijack a thread and make it completely irrelevant to its original topic.

"I didn't say you were trying to lie. I was merely pointing out that you seemed to know a lot about the content on this forum, and had just registered today"
You accused me of working for kb, and imply that because I joined today that I must have just accessed this site for the first time today. I have been checking it for months.

ANYONE WANT TO TALK ABOUT THE BEREWICK COMMUNITY? I WOULD LOVE TO!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-19-2006, 06:32 PM
 
249 posts, read 797,423 times
Reputation: 97
"I am not a salesman, and Yes I did prove a point."
Realestate agent is a type of sales agent is it not? I realize its rent to own (yuck) but thats neither here nor there.

I'm calling it quits on this one in the hopes the conversation can once again become productive.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-19-2006, 07:07 PM
 
Location: Charlotte
218 posts, read 187,281 times
Reputation: 43
Quote:
Originally Posted by New2Charlotte View Post
How am I being defensive??? Yes, I made the purchase last summer... June to be specific. Have you ever heard of a corporate relocation? I have lived here since the summer and I know as much as anyone would considering my length of residency.
Yes of course I have heard of that. I took "last summer" to be summer of 2005 considering we are still in 2006. Berewick was in development during that time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by New2Charlotte View Post
"Why not just say, I rent in x neighborhood and I am not happy"
I said I was living 1-2 miles away, how does that imply I live in HF?
Grrr... quit twisting around what I'm saying. I never said you lived in HF. Your first post stated the following "I am currently renting near HF and am not crazy about the neighborhood" What does HF have to do with that sentence if you were not talking about it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by New2Charlotte View Post
I drive to rivergate a few times a week, berewick everyday. Maybe you noticed the light at shopton and steelcreek? Not to mention that route from berewick does not touch that trouble spot.
The light at Shopton and Steele Creek? What? The only place those two meet is near 485. What does that have to do with what I was talking about? Doesn't touch which trouble spot? The fact that Shopton is 2 lane is a "trouble spot" All the development along Shopton between Sledge and 49 is a "trouble spot". I will take pictures of it for you when I'm out in the field tomorrow.

Quote:
Originally Posted by New2Charlotte View Post
Show me one pappa's property that did not build their plan. They have an excellent rep on what they do. You make no sense. This statement is completely wrong, why the heck would you not invest in property based specifically on a plan? What do you base it on, that you are 5 minutes closer to harris teeter? Give me a break.
You need a break! Because you are the one making no sense here. Saying that a neighborhood has value now because of something that might come in the future is false. How do you know pappas and their track record of building in Charlotte if you are new? Yes you can invest on speculation, but you stated ealrier that the planned development is giving Berewick tangible value now. That is most certainly not the case. Pappas being a reputable company has no relation to whether or not this is going to go according to "plan".
Quote:
Originally Posted by New2Charlotte View Post
"You judge people by what they write?? "
Why wouldn't you? Dont you write what you feel/think?
No I wouldn't judge someone based on that alone. Yes I do, but the way I write them and the way they are read can be two different things. There is no tone or inflection in writing, which I'm sure you know can have an effect on how words are perceived.
Quote:
Originally Posted by New2Charlotte View Post
"How is this meaningless banter"
Because the thread is clearly titled Berewick community and this side tangent is useless to that subject.
Yet you are the one who continues on this tangent.

Quote:
Originally Posted by New2Charlotte View Post
Holy cow, what are these playground rules?? I obviously was not telling you to get off these boards, but dont hijack a thread and make it completely irrelevant to its original topic.
No mention of rules was made. I did not "hijack" this thread. I'm only defending the dissenting comments you made about my post before you were ever a participant.
Quote:
Originally Posted by New2Charlotte View Post
You accused me of working for kb, and imply that because I joined today that I must have just accessed this site for the first time today. I have been checking it for months.
I did not accuse you of working for KB. I asked you the question if you were. I have no way of knowing either way. No thats not what I was implying. I was implying that you were making comments about other builders that showed you had been to this board before. The comments about KB on the history of this board WERE NOT CORRECT. I was trying to point out that your comments seem slanted in regards to KB.
You were quick to point out bad comments about other builders to this other user who was new as well, yet claimed you hadn't seen anything bad about KB when I clearly showed a thread that did have them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-19-2006, 07:13 PM
 
Location: Charlotte
218 posts, read 187,281 times
Reputation: 43
Quote:
Originally Posted by New2Charlotte View Post
Realestate agent is a type of sales agent is it not? I realize its rent to own (yuck) but thats neither here nor there.

I'm calling it quits on this one in the hopes the conversation can once again become productive.
You can view it that way. Not all Realtor's are involved with real estate in the traditional sense. Rent to own? Yuck? what are you talking about?

It's wise that you are finally conceding, because all you've done is spin what you think I have said, and never given any legit answer to my original query.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-19-2006, 07:19 PM
 
140 posts, read 542,935 times
Reputation: 45
I do not want to get into this verbal sparring..but....I really did not realize that the forum was for an exchange of information and opinions in a debate atmosphere. Moderator please end this before I hang myself!!!!!!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-19-2006, 07:26 PM
 
Location: Charlotte
218 posts, read 187,281 times
Reputation: 43
sorry it bothered you Robert. It's not just for that, but it can turn into that sometimes. I just can't stand it when I'm blatantly misquoted. This went way beyond my original intent.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-19-2006, 07:30 PM
 
249 posts, read 797,423 times
Reputation: 97
"The light at Shopton and Steele Creek? What? The only place those two meet is near 485. What does that have to do with what I was talking about? Doesn't touch which trouble spot? The fact that Shopton is 2 lane is a "trouble spot" All the development along Shopton between Sledge and 49 is a "trouble spot". I will take pictures of it for you when I'm out in the field tomorrow."
No need to take a pic, I am well aware of that trouble spot. What you dont get is that is not relevant to what we were talking about. You DO NOT go through that intersection when you are traveling between berewick and rivergate. Otherwise I would have agreed that particular intersection was a problem.

"You need a break! Because you are the one making no sense here. Saying that a neighborhood has value now because of something that might come in the future is false."
I did not say it added value now, but rather represented potential for future appreciation. C'mon sales guy you should understand that.

"Rent to own? Yuck? what are you talking about?"
Generally speaking this is where you solicite customers with bad to terrible credit ratings, set aside $$ every rent check for a future purchase for which they will likely never qualify. It's like those credit cards that offer you the world and then the fine print is you pay out the you know what just to have the card.

"It's wise that you are finally conceding"
I am not conceding, you are nothing more than a spin doctor manipulating every comment I have made. What is the point with argueing, I came here to talk seriously with people interested in berewick. Frankly, I have no clue why you took an interest in this thread. Your general attitude has been anything but professional.

The one thing you are right about is that I chose to continue this banter. Poor choice on my part and I will officially bow out of this conversation standing by everything I have said. You obviously have an issue with KB (and maybe the berewick community), who knows maybe its deserved... it could be for all I know. That kind of drives at the point I was trying to make in that I wanted to talk about KB and Berewick!

It's been great chatting with you but I will only respond to post that pertain to the thread topic from here on out.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:



Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 01:50 AM.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top