Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-16-2008, 08:42 AM

474 posts, read 1,749,190 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CouponJack View Post
Agree 100%.

The pizza was especially good (to me) when it first opened up. They got all their ingredients from Long Island.

In the past couple of months I've also noticed a definite change.... it has gone downhill.

I'd be curious to see what has happened...
With cheese prices up, and most recently wheat prices skyrocketing, they may be taking shortcuts with their ingredients. Just a guess....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-16-2008, 09:27 AM

9,116 posts, read 17,725,526 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BKQC View Post
With cheese prices up, and most recently wheat prices skyrocketing, they may be taking shortcuts with their ingredients. Just a guess....
That could possibly be true.

I know my pie and I don't go there anymore unless I'm desperate. They definitely screwed somehting up.

Old 04-16-2008, 09:30 AM

4,729 posts, read 19,426,355 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BKQC View Post
I think this happened with Fratelli's...their pies are usually good but the last one hardly had any cheese on it and the dough was flimsy, even for NY style. At $18 for an 18 inch pie though, they need to put some cheese on it.

Old 04-16-2008, 10:03 AM

3,337 posts, read 5,118,671 times
I am pretty opinionated regarding food and probably shouldn't be since I have a limited palate (I hate cheese). Anyway, I do agree that if you like something, go for it. Who cares what others think. I personally feel that Carabba's is one of the best places ever. If I ever had a "last meal" it would be their Chicken Marsala.

I also liked Rotelli's as well. I also like Upstate Pizza. Found it by accident as I missed the turn into the Carolina place mall and something told me to try it since it I felt the location of the place was horrible. Anyway, I ordered two slices and enjoyed them. Haven't been back though.

Old 04-16-2008, 12:35 PM

431 posts, read 1,668,686 times
Hey Roc, you took the words right out of my Italian mouth. Good post. Somebody commented about a "chain restaurant" as if its below their standards and I was going to reply and use Carrabas as another fine example of great food at a "chain". Its probably useless asking opinions when it comes to dining because obviously most of us have different tastes, and some of us have limited standards where they dine. Some of the greatest places are holes in the wall.

Old 04-16-2008, 04:01 PM

2,152 posts, read 6,800,089 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by U120 View Post
I gotta say I couldnt disagree more. I think Buca is fantastic and thats coming from an all Italian from NY who has eaten in all the restaurants on Mulberry St. and grew up eating all the traditional Italian home cooked meals from my Mom and Grandparents. I think the food in Buca is the best Italian I have had since being in Charlotte. I have been to Villa Antonio, Tuscanas, Maggianos, and a few others and I truly believe none of them can compete with Buca. Ive been told that Mamas in Mint Hill is good also, but have yet to make it there.
I guess it's like they say about opinions right I can honestly say, that I've never heard someone say that Buca's is the "Best Italian since being in Charlotte" but hey whatever floats your boat.

I feel like I have to give my credentials also I am 100% Italian, born in Manhattan, lived in Bensonhurst for 4 years and spent the next 12 on Long Island.

That being said we should setup a CITY DATA Dinner club where we meet at a different place each month! Why should the WOMEN have all the fun? Who's with me?

Old 04-16-2008, 08:12 PM

197 posts, read 668,571 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bzmom1025 View Post
I have been told by several friends to try Bucca di Beppo (sp?). Not sure how good-I think it is by Pineville or in South Charlotte area.
... Buca di Beppo, I like it. I've been there a couple of times. The food there is pretty rich but, also very good.
I haven't tried many Italian's restaurants here, but I would definitely recommend it. The restaurant is located outside the Carolinas Place Mall in Pineville. Very easy to see.

Old 04-16-2008, 08:35 PM

295 posts, read 1,061,867 times
How about Mama Ricatta's? I went there the other night and thought it was pretty darn good.

Old 04-17-2008, 06:44 AM

4,729 posts, read 19,426,355 times
Mama Ricott's is decent but I have only been once.

Old 04-17-2008, 06:54 AM

206 posts, read 799,089 times
We tried Firenze (near Trader Joes) last night and I have to say it was really good. It was up with the best I have had in the states. We also loved that they didn't give huge portions so that we didn't leave stuffed. It is a little on the pricey side but worth it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte