Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-14-2008, 06:03 PM

810 posts, read 2,291,475 times

Advertisements

from the wife,
mbina-I can feel what you're going thru. We moved down here in Oct w/ a relo. package. Still have not sold our home in Nj. People keep placing crazy low offers and our home is priced to sell. We got 2 offers today but ppl are still offering anywhere from $30-50 grand under asking price. Our home is all ready a steal. IMO if you find a resale you like go for it. Like another poster said -look at the low $400's and maybe someone will take your offer of $350. A home in our community in Union County just came down $20,000 this past week...We did a resale down here and glad we did. Good luck..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-14-2008, 06:42 PM

1,242 posts, read 4,033,951 times
Default hello

just pm'd you.

Old 04-14-2008, 07:28 PM

277 posts, read 660,867 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mbina05 View Post

Can anyone give me any feedback on this happening? The neighborhood I'm interested in is Sheridan by Evergreen Home Builders. There is also another builder in there as well, Dublin.
I'm also being cautious in pulling the trigger on a deal, as you never know the true financial condition of the developer.

Westport Homes is also selling sites in Sheridan. I'm guessing that the developer is having a cash flow issue, and is looking for a way to generate some dollars by selling some positions to a lower end (300K, all brick) builder.

Sheridan looks scary - lot's of dirt, small pockets of nice brick homes, an ugly "pond", and no amenities. I've crossed it off my list.

Old 04-14-2008, 07:41 PM

7,937 posts, read 20,370,579 times
Westport homes built in Brook Valley they build a beautiful home

Old 04-14-2008, 08:07 PM

59 posts, read 168,897 times
They are advertising Sheridan as a Swim club....Thoughts on that?

Old 04-14-2008, 08:31 PM

277 posts, read 660,867 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mbina05 View Post
They are advertising Sheridan as a Swim club....Thoughts on that?

Swim club? Maybe next year......

Until then, enjoy the swimming hole.
Attached Thumbnails
FEAR of building in a NEW Community-img_0422.jpg  

Old 04-14-2008, 08:40 PM

7,937 posts, read 20,370,579 times
I would be a bit Leary of a sub division that doesn't have amenities just yet, and well from what I know they aren't selling that quickly, maybe try another development, again there are so many nice ones in that vicinity that you are looking in...I drive by it when we go our friends house and it always looks empty like no one is buying...pls do your homework..

Old 04-14-2008, 11:18 PM

252 posts, read 879,383 times
You need to have your realtor do some research on the builders and neighborhoods you are considering. At 350 you should be able to get what you want. There are tons of Spec homes that you can get at 350 in some very good sub divisions, and they would be new, without all the hassle of a build. After my 4th house, totally custom , I still have things I wish I had done, and others that I see are now a waste. If you are looking for the perfect house, FORGET IT, does not exist. Even if there were such a house, it would only be perfect until the next new thing came along. Find a neighborhood FIRST, then look for a home with most of the things you want. You can change your house but you cant move it..

Old 04-15-2008, 04:47 AM

384 posts, read 2,221,040 times
Have you looked in Weddington or Waxhaw? I think there is a neighborhood called Blackstone and one called Price Mill that has mostly brick. I am not sure on the prices but they are close to Sheridan. I have seen them advertise Sheridan and a swim club and that has always totally confused me. Just because it is supposed to have a pool, how does that make it a swim club? Weird! It does look a little scary right now, kind of like a few houses scattered here and there with lots of dirt in between.

Yes, Wesley Woods has no pool...

Old 04-15-2008, 06:00 AM

59 posts, read 168,897 times
Default Thanks

A big thank you to everyone for their feedback.

So ANOTHER question. I'm willing to look at Meck. county Matthews area. Can you reccommend any communities with a pool?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte