U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-14-2008, 06:37 PM

22,974 posts, read 58,581,142 times

Advertisements

Charlotte's Historic Arts District, NoDa, is home to the City's best collection of art galleries, music venues, restaurants, shopping and theater
NoDa Charlotte's historic arts district
NoDa Home - Charlotte's Historic Arts District
Charlotte/NoDa - Wikitravel
Weird Charlotte :: NoDa

Here is some NODA in Charlotte photos.

Very good Chai Lattes here at the Smelly Cat

[URL="http://www.city-data.com/forum/coastal-north-carolina/"]Coastal [/URL]
[URL="http://www.city-data.com/forum/western-north-carolina/"]Western [/URL]
[URL="http://www.city-data.com/forum/charlotte/"]Charlotte [/URL]
[URL="http://www.city-data.com/forum/york-lancaster-counties/"]York & Lancaster[/URL]

[URL="http://www.city-data.com/forumtos.html"]Terms of Service. No advertising, no copyrighted material, no personal attacks[/URL]
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-14-2008, 09:09 PM

330 posts, read 933,560 times
Here is an example of some of the newer houses you will see in NoDA, where Craftsman style houses are making a huge comeback:

Photo broken link

I happen to be intimately acquainted with that particular home

Last edited by SunnyKayak; 10-09-2011 at 09:26 AM..

Old 04-14-2008, 09:16 PM

51 posts, read 126,940 times
That's funny - we almost bought that house 1.5 years ago...swung by a couple of weeks ago and saw that it was still on the market.

Old 04-14-2008, 09:20 PM

45,269 posts, read 88,507,295 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by buddler52 View Post
That's funny - we almost bought that house 1.5 years ago...swung by a couple of weeks ago and saw that it was still on the market.
Well, it's not that it is STILL on the market - it's that it was bought and then went on the market again I think it is so pretty, don't you?

Old 04-14-2008, 09:27 PM

Im not familiar at all with area only what the girl told me at Smelly Cat said to go and I have to admit never ever been in NODA except back in early 90's so I was paranoid about the Here Say of the area and from what I remember back then. The area does look progressive. Is there any word what they might do that run down warehouse mill behind the water tower?

I did like the way the area is progressing
Cute home LAMF

Old 04-14-2008, 09:41 PM

3,662 posts, read 8,680,352 times
I've been through there twice in the past couple of weeks and noticed there are still at least a couple warehouse/mills vacant and boarded up. I wonder why these haven't been bought, divided, and filled with local vendors? Anybody know of plans with those buildings?

Old 04-14-2008, 09:43 PM

45,269 posts, read 88,507,295 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnyKayak View Post
Im not familiar at all with area only what the girl told me at Smelly Cat said to go and I have to admit never ever been in NODA except back in early 90's so I was paranoid about the Here Say of the area and from what I remember back then. The area does look progressive. Is there any word what they might do that run down warehouse mill behind the water tower?

I did like the way the area is progressing
Cute home LAMF
Last I heard that mill was going to become condo's. It is a fantastic location too because the light rail will run right by it when the line finally gets that far on its way to the University area.

Old 04-14-2008, 10:15 PM

It kinda cool I was dropping off my TV set not near this area and I thought that I was near the Plaza I would take photos but some how I ended up in NODA I never have gave the area a chance due to those prior memories of the area. I could have sworn that one of those mills (I think it gated condos now) use to be public housing or low income housing. Im going to learn the history of the area now. I would like to learn about the different type of mills that once lurk the area. I agree the light rail will be a major boost to the area similar what is happening to South End now.

Old 04-15-2008, 03:44 AM

1,455 posts, read 3,650,697 times
I haven't spent a ton of time in NODA, but I've liked what I've done so far. I've seen a concert at The Neighborhood Theatre - great place to see a show - and one at The Evening Muse - also good. I spent one Friday night on one of those "Gallery Crawl" thingies - excellent way of getting to see a bunch of art galleries - and a lot of them serve snacks during the Crawl!

And I took a couple photos of the Smelly Cat:

Old 04-15-2008, 06:25 AM

3,428 posts, read 9,248,639 times
Is one of those two bungalow-style houses the one that Turner South profiled as it was remodeled? The one where it was an all-female crew that did the work?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or