U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-15-2008, 09:48 AM

78 posts, read 203,404 times

Advertisements

I found a great home in Fort Mill. The catch is; by the time I was able to get down a see it with my agent, it went into foreclosure. From my agent's understanding, the bank has to do an appraisal and relist it.
The home originally listed at 264,900. After three months it dropped to 224,900. Two weeks ago it dropped to 180,000. My question is, what are the chances the bank will relist at or around 180,000? My agent thinks that when the owners listed at 180,000 they wanted to sell it with enough to pay the bank off and prevent going into foreclosure. I hear the banks just want their money and the property off the books. Does anyone have any experience with buying foreclosed properties?
Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-15-2008, 12:08 PM

1,521 posts, read 4,477,941 times
Are the current owners still in the house? Who has the listing currently? Have your agent call the listing agent and see what is going on? Once the bank gets control find out how much they are into the property for.

1. Find out how much they had to buy the house back for.
2. How long did the previous owner live there?
A.) 1 year the bank is probably going to want top dollar
B) 5 or so years and the bank is going to have made some money back and willing to negotiate.
3. Find out who the bank is and call the loss litigation dept. You maybe able to work the deal before it goes on market.
4. Go to the courthouse and bid.
5. Wait until it gets re-listed and take your chance there.

There are so many options just find what works best for you and your situation.

Old 04-15-2008, 01:02 PM

No one is currently living in the home. The bank has it and has hired a real estate agent to list it when they do the appraisal. My agent is in touch with the listing agent so we will know details before it's listed. The development is two years old. In my city, we have a way to go online and input addresses to get property and assessment information because it is public information. I can't find this type of site in Charlotte or Fort Mill. Do they make this information public there via the internet?
Thanks

Old 04-15-2008, 01:06 PM

" + theTitle + " Not sure why this comes up as it does but it is a safe link to click on.

Old 04-15-2008, 01:39 PM

Great! What about Fort Mill, SC?
Thanks so much!

Old 04-15-2008, 01:46 PM

http://www.city-data.com/forum/charl...cs-cities.html should help.

Old 04-16-2008, 05:22 AM

2,536 posts, read 8,343,299 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by slimjen View Post
No one is currently living in the home. The bank has it and has hired a real estate agent to list it when they do the appraisal. My agent is in touch with the listing agent so we will know details before it's listed. The development is two years old. In my city, we have a way to go online and input addresses to get property and assessment information because it is public information. I can't find this type of site in Charlotte or Fort Mill. Do they make this information public there via the internet?
Thanks
Go to the York County Government GIS site:

:: GIS Online Mapping and Property Search ::
(make sure to turn off your pop up blockers/or hold down the Ctrl key to access information) you then can check the information by Owner Name, or address, Tax Map #, etc.

Old 04-17-2008, 07:31 AM

LovetheCarolinas; I tried this site and after browsing to get to know the link, I was able to get to properties in York county. Do you have one for Lancaster county also. Apparently, Fortmill is broken up into two counties.
Thanks

Old 04-17-2008, 11:40 AM

2,536 posts, read 8,343,299 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by slimjen View Post
LovetheCarolinas; I tried this site and after browsing to get to know the link, I was able to get to properties in York county. Do you have one for Lancaster county also. Apparently, Fortmill is broken up into two counties.
Thanks
By what you have just said...me thinks you must have your eye on something located in Indian Land, SC

Fort Mill, SC is not broken into 2 counties (Fort Mill is located in York County)

If indeed the property you are trying to obtain information on is located in Indian Land, SC that falls under Lancaster County (the confusion stems from I.L. not having their own post office...I'll spare you the details and make a long story short...they use Fort Mill's)

I've also provided you with a link that not only shows Lancaster County's property search online (but other SC counties as well...just in case )

Lancaster County Online Taxes (http://lancastercountysc.net/onlinetaxes/ - broken link)

Links to County Online Services, E-Government, E-Services (http://www.sccounties.org/links/countyonlineservices.htm - broken link)

Old 04-17-2008, 12:12 PM

Pardon my confusion. I don't know the area yet and going by what people say Thanks so much.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte