U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-22-2008, 07:59 AM

2,341 posts, read 4,045,530 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timm View Post
*slowly backs out of the thread*
Backing out also... Extremism in any form is too much for me. LOL

Old 06-22-2008, 08:33 AM

35,885 posts, read 67,009,663 times
Eddie does not live in Charlotte, LOL.

The whole purpose of this thread was about solicitors and how not having a solicitation ordinance means people who are NOT legit can show up at the door. I do not like being disturbed, but I don't think most of us are going to booby trap our mail boxes/tubes or shoot at people (during the day, anyway, Hee Hee) who come on our property. Political candidates, or people from their campaigns, also bring stuff to my door and I don't mind that . . . as long as they just leave it and go away. I love the kids in the neighborhood, so I want to support the Scouts!

I think most of us would appreciate no soliciting from religious groups but evidently the religious groups think i tis part of their mission. Annoying to me personally (I already have my religion all chosen, LOL). However, these are not menacing people so I am polite.

I think it is a dangerous time to be soliciting for anything!!! I would sure only do it during the day and on a weekend, simply b/c too many people work . . . and it can look suspicious for people to be coming up to a door w/ thugs actively breaking in during daylight hours.

Frankly, I think this thread has served its purpose . . . and will ask for Moderator to close it. I think we all would agree - solicitation ordinances may be a good idea, but laws won't stop thugs from breaking in one's house . . .
Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte