U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-30-2007, 09:28 AM

17 posts, read 54,029 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJmomof2 View Post
yes its very safe here in Freehold NJ always go to the mall by myself or target and night or walmart
Crime is very very low here that is the ONLY good thing about where I live in NJ.......lol
I see you are all over this site giving advice! Just don't burn your bridges! There is no place perfect! When you move from NJ there will be many things that you will miss! Oh, wai't till you meet the FIRE ANTS that attack your family and pets!

Old 01-30-2007, 09:54 AM

45,270 posts, read 88,302,020 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FIRE-GUY View Post
I see you are all over this site giving advice! Just don't burn your bridges! There is no place perfect! When you move from NJ there will be many things that you will miss! Oh, wai't till you meet the FIRE ANTS that attack your family and pets!
Good grief, I've lived here almost 19 years now, in several locations around the city and county, and have yet to be attacked by a single fire ant, why the need for such exaggaration?

Old 01-30-2007, 10:17 AM

2,536 posts, read 8,340,018 times
Quote:
Oh my gosh FIRE-ANT...of all people...telling someone else not to burn their bridges. Below is just one of your past posts that I have copied (apparently on the NY board).

"hello to the new york snow gang! Hear the lake effect snows are kicking in! i can't wait to leave the smelly south and get lost in a snow storm only to find one of the fine restaurants to eat and drink some cold beers! Herman here"

...heck FIRE-ANT..if you want to talk about burning bridges....I'll supply you with the matches...if you just leave the Carolina's....now!

Old 01-30-2007, 04:15 PM

286 posts, read 862,499 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovethecarolinas View Post
Oh my gosh FIRE-ANT...of all people...telling someone else not to burn their bridges. Below is just one of your past posts that I have copied (apparently on the NY board).

"hello to the new york snow gang! Hear the lake effect snows are kicking in! i can't wait to leave the smelly south and get lost in a snow storm only to find one of the fine restaurants to eat and drink some cold beers! Herman here"

...heck FIRE-ANT..if you want to talk about burning bridges....I'll supply you with the matches...if you just leave the Carolina's....now!
LOL- you go girl------

Old 01-30-2007, 04:20 PM

2,356 posts, read 2,625,331 times
Quote:
Attack your family? Does your family like to roll around in the yard? Seriously, I was last bitten by fire ants when I was like 7. Seriously, Susan, can you tone down the drama?

Old 01-30-2007, 04:30 PM

476 posts, read 1,451,182 times
Definitely no need to go on the personal attack of njmom. FIRE-GUY needs to find another sandbox to play in. This is supposed to be a forum to help others and express honest opinions. I am glad folks like that are very rare on this forum as so many of us are dependant on this type of place to make life changing decisions for our families, etc. NJMom, your opinions are always welcome in my book.

Old 01-30-2007, 10:34 PM

7,928 posts, read 17,755,673 times
Ive lived in Colorado for 5.5 yrs and the grass was greener however had to go back to jersey because my son was sick as an infant, and for personal reasons, not because we wanted to...and with that we love NJ however jobs in IT for my husband arent here and so Im not WORRIED about burning my bridges...the advice I give I take myself...so the only thing Im going to miss about NJ are my Parents...been there done that...

Thanks MIK, Im telling ya this is the NC board isnt it?? I feel like im in the NJ boards???

Old 02-02-2007, 06:06 PM

4,723 posts, read 13,895,196 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mayjormom View Post
Alright, I just received a very frank PM from someone telling me they do not like the Charlotte area after moving from the DC area (same place I am from). I want to hear from those who moved to the Charlotte area and didn't find what they were looking for. What is that you are dissatisfied with? What are the cons to moving to Charlotte from other areas? Is the cost of living rising? Are they getting Northerners with higher housing prices? Let me know how you feel. Compare Charlotte to the area that you came from.
I am glad so many are happy.Good I am glad you found your home,but allow for a different opinion.I do not know what the mass thrill aobut Charlotte is ..Non stop subdivisions and strip malls and brown lakes.Traffic is a joke getting from one strip mall to another chain restaraunt.Crime is astounding for a place this size..Little boxes made of ticky tacky,,everywhere..EVERYWHERE.Sorry,just another opinion and You asked,,its ONLY my opinion but after reading this forum,,then visitng twice for one week each,,we are in awe..what IS there,,??? Alot of aluminum sided house for the dollar>>no trees??Gas station,strip mall,chain restaruant,sub divison,,repeat 75 times and there is Charlotte.It couldn6t have always been like this,what did all these new people leave behind that they like this town..???.

Old 02-02-2007, 07:42 PM

221 posts, read 673,058 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by frizbe View Post
I am glad so many are happy.Good I am glad you found your home,but allow for a different opinion.I do not know what the mass thrill aobut Charlotte is ..Non stop subdivisions and strip malls and brown lakes.Traffic is a joke getting from one strip mall to another chain restaraunt.Crime is astounding for a place this size..Little boxes made of ticky tacky,,everywhere..EVERYWHERE.Sorry,just another opinion and You asked,,its ONLY my opinion but after reading this forum,,then visitng twice for one week each,,we are in awe..what IS there,,??? Alot of aluminum sided house for the dollar>>no trees??Gas station,strip mall,chain restaruant,sub divison,,repeat 75 times and there is Charlotte.It couldn6t have always been like this,what did all these new people leave behind that they like this town..???.
What we are leaving behind is 40-50 year old non stop subdivisions, overgrown trees ripping up the sidewalks, high taxes, high utility bills, should I keep going. Maybe people just like the newness, the change, the opportunity to build a new home like our parents did and have a new start. Is that so terrible? What is so terrible about it. My parents left Brooklyn and came to the island built a new home to give their children a better life and guess what it worked. People thought they were crazy.Now we have the same outlook.

Old 02-02-2007, 10:28 PM

7,928 posts, read 17,755,673 times
yep us too, We are looking for a change, lived in brooklyn all my life and back then that was a decent life...When we got married still lived in brooklyn eventually we moved to jersey and my parents NEVER got the chance to leave brooklyn until 4 years ago when they moved into an adult community here...We have a beautiful house great neigborhood however its time for a change and we are tired of dh's commute, high taxes and living to pay the bills, we are looking for a slower way of life, greenery and nice people....and know that my childrens Future isnt here....and we reserached so many states and decided we LOVED NC and what it had to offer our family and union county and that is where we are going to be moving...cant wait...There is alot that we WANT to leave behind...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or