U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 07-24-2007, 05:38 PM

22,068 posts, read 40,057,338 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whytewulf View Post
I don't like people like Whytewulf, he is a big thug..
Oh and the fact I haven't found my perfect house.
oh and more parks please
oh and more single outgoing women please
and Sonic.. I can't find a Sonic!!!

um.. oh ya.. whats a dh?
more parks there already 210 parks and facilities located on more than 17,600 acres of parkland throughout Mecklenburg County. Parks in Mecklenburg County come in all shapes and sizes ranging from small neighborhood parks to large district parks.

There are 33 miles of developed and 147 miles of undeveloped greenways in Mecklenburg County

Old 07-24-2007, 06:07 PM

1,121 posts, read 2,263,721 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by neoflex View Post
Coming from a guy who has worked in Manahattan and a couple other boroughs of NYC, Charlotte is far from ghetto. When I describe the actual city of Charlotte to people the first thing that usually comes from my mouth is "You could eat off the sidewalks." I think Charlotte is a very nice city especially when compared to many other cities. I would be very curious to where you came from that makes Charlotte look ghetto.
While I think Charlotte is far from an entire ghetto, I will say it's more filthy than ever.

Point in case. I came down I-77 Saturday morning around 9:30. I could not believe the trash along the road. It's ridiculous. Don't the road crews here EVER clean off the freeways? If I wasn't from the general area, and was driving thru on I-77 my 1st impression would be ghetto as well.

One must consider the whole city. Yes Charlotte has beautiful areas, but it has horrible areas as well. Don't believe me? Drive down 77 and see the filth and trash. It's embarrasing.

Old 07-24-2007, 06:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs. P View Post
While I think Charlotte is far from an entire ghetto, I will say it's more filthy than ever.

Point in case. I came down I-77 Saturday morning around 9:30. I could not believe the trash along the road. It's ridiculous. Don't the road crews here EVER clean off the freeways? If I wasn't from the general area, and was driving thru on I-77 my 1st impression would be ghetto as well.

One must consider the whole city. Yes Charlotte has beautiful areas, but it has horrible areas as well. Don't believe me? Drive down 77 and see the filth and trash. It's embarrasing.
It not that way on the north end it rather clean with beautiful wild flowers and I agree with the above poster Charlotte uptown probably cleanest buisness district I have seen out of many metros.

If you do see trash then join a civic or church organization to help clean it up rather than whining about it.

Old 07-24-2007, 07:17 PM

153 posts, read 319,673 times
I personally do not like "Charlotte," but love the Lake Norman area. I tell everyone that living up here is the only way I could do Charlotte. To each his own. No whining. Charlotte is so large that people can generally find an area where they are comfortable, and it does seem that people are flocking here.

Old 07-24-2007, 08:50 PM

739 posts, read 1,526,574 times
I have to agree with Sunny---Dont complain about the trash but help do something about it. It is not necessarily the Charlotte area citizens but passerbys traveling through who help put this trash here. If all people, including tourists, would just do the ethical way of things and not throw trash out the windows, you would not have this opinion. Just look at any major throughfare anywhere and you will see the same amount of "litter".

Old 07-24-2007, 08:55 PM

1,852 posts, read 3,404,803 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnyKayak View Post
more parks there already 210 parks and facilities located on more than 17,600 acres of parkland throughout Mecklenburg County. Parks in Mecklenburg County come in all shapes and sizes ranging from small neighborhood parks to large district parks.

There are 33 miles of developed and 147 miles of undeveloped greenways in Mecklenburg County
Ya find the one thing that wasn't really a question to answer.. still don't know what a DH is! And ya there are some parks.. I was being somewhat comical.. Though maybe not on the Sonic.

Old 07-24-2007, 08:57 PM

45,121 posts, read 57,026,781 times
Quote:
Ya find the one thing that wasn't really a question to answer.. still don't know what a DH is! And ya there are some parks.. I was being somewhat comical.. Though maybe not on the Sonic.
dh - dear husband
dd - dear daughter
ds - dear son

Old 07-24-2007, 09:02 PM

1,625 posts, read 1,837,315 times
The guy from DC is on crack, CLT is a beautiful city with cost of living lower than what you have now. I am moving back after living in this dump known as Richmond Va., and I was in CLT for 8 years....loved it, and will love it again.

Old 07-24-2007, 09:07 PM

Quote:
I wasnt answering replying to answer a statement or question but clarifying your inaccurate misleading information comical or not and far as sonic
SONIC — America's Drive-In! It amazing what one can find on google

Old 07-24-2007, 09:22 PM

2 posts, read 1,348 times
Default Be Young, Married, with Children

I've been in CLT for 15 years.

Positive:

Great if you have small kids; everyone is married with young children
Clean and new, esp. uptown
Salaries are very good in banking and technology
People are generally friendly and well-mannered
Weather, although sometimes hot and humid, is pleasant year-round
Good opportunities (jobs/housing) for middle-class African Americans (no luck if you're not well-educated and middle class, tho)

Negative:
Cost of living keeps going up! I found cheaper rent in San Francisco than in Charlotte!
Highly segregated by class and income; you'll have a sweet life here if you are a two-income, upper middle class family who can afford the expensive housing and private schools
Horrific restaurant selection for a city this size; no strong arts or music scene; local artists struggle to gain an audience; only two very small artsy districts in the city
Most people look and dress the same; little diversity
Very car dependent; not much to do unless you are willing to drive 2-4 hours
Most adults are only moderately educated and informed; don't expect highly intellectual discussions.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte