U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-17-2008, 11:36 AM

237 posts, read 234,740 times

Advertisements

i hear an "impeach Bush" sign on the lawn is also very helpful
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-17-2008, 11:40 AM

316 posts, read 288,055 times
Very funny - I like Bush another topic! Thanks for the advice - For the record I do ask God too!

Old 04-17-2008, 12:13 PM

330 posts, read 931,830 times
I was confused when I first heard about this, so attempted to bury my neighbor, whose name is Joseph. He insisted that it would not sell my house any quicker, and may in actuality result in criminal charges.

Old 04-17-2008, 01:03 PM

5,975 posts, read 17,554,806 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BxRosie View Post
You can either buy one online from a Catholic Religious Goods store or maybe from one of the local Catholic churches that has a gift shop in it. They have one that is packaged with the prayer that you're supposed to say.

It's a Northeast/ NY/Italian thing....You can either bury it as you said or by your front door. I did, got a buyer in 2 mths for my house. Mine was Blessed, too.

BxRosie
Must be a northeast thing...we did it but dug it up later and put it on our window sill facing the street. Worked too. Dug it up and brought it with us and is now in our curio cabinet.

UC Hopeful - For a fee, I'll loan it to you! How much money you got?

Seriously, it's all over the internet..price your home right, stage it well, and with a little faith, it will sell.

Old 04-17-2008, 02:18 PM

35,885 posts, read 67,009,663 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LAMF View Post
I was confused when I first heard about this, so attempted to bury my neighbor, whose name is Joseph. He insisted that it would not sell my house any quicker, and may in actuality result in criminal charges.
ROFL!!! Is your neighbor an attorney? Regardless, one mighty big hole to dig . . .

Old 04-17-2008, 02:21 PM

4,280 posts, read 10,033,005 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nail in da coffin View Post
i hear an "impeach Bush" sign on the lawn is also very helpful
Not that I am a huge Bush fan, but this is OT.

Old 04-17-2008, 05:58 PM

444 posts, read 1,489,820 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Union county hopeful View Post
I heard if you bury a St. Joseph staue - the one holding baby Jesus - head down facing the house near the for sale sign and say a heart felt prayer to him while you are burying him - he will help you sell your house. Has anyone tried this? Did it work? Where can I buy one in Charlotte - preferably i Huntersville area - but will drive to another part of Charlotte to get one.
I have one my friend purchased for me but I didn't use. Got a contract on my house already. If you would like to have one you can get them at the Catholic Book Store usually the larger Catholic Churches have book stores just give one a call and they will sale you one. OR if you want, please pm me and I will send you the one I have since I do not need it.

Dunroven

Old 04-17-2008, 11:16 PM

716 posts, read 1,906,209 times
Maybe I was brought up a more uptight Catholic than anyone else here, but I find this trend pretty offensive...

Old 04-18-2008, 08:35 AM

1,800 posts, read 5,164,205 times
Oh, so many of y'all throwing stones...how sad. Wheather you believe in idol worship or not doesn't matter. The OP was just looking for a place to buy a St. Joseph's statue. Why does everyone get so passionate and/or offended by this? No one is forcing you to bury a statue of St. Joseph in front of your home.

To the OP: I got my statue 15 years ago, at a Catholic bookstore. I've sold four homes within an average of three to four weeks, after burying the statue of St Joseph (and saying many prayers, of course). All homes were sold FSBO, BTW.
Just to clarify, FSBO is not necessarily something I would recommend doing in this area, given the current market conditions.

Last edited by stmaarten; 04-18-2008 at 08:45 AM.. Reason: clarification

Old 04-18-2008, 08:36 AM

11,836 posts, read 25,431,580 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bibit612 View Post
Must be a northeast thing...we did it but dug it up later and put it on our window sill facing the street. Worked too. Dug it up and brought it with us and is now in our curio cabinet.
I left ours buried in the yard. I do have the laminated card that accompanied the statue sitting on my desk.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte