Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-17-2008, 07:28 PM

810 posts, read 2,292,313 times

Advertisements

Well I'm fine with the new attendence maps. I'm sure its not an easy task to figure where to place the communities. I hear some are not happy, some folks over in the larger home section of Cureton have been "marvinized" and feel that their section of Cureton should remain at Marvin. OK, I'm just starting trouble but, lets continue.....My biggest surprise was Hollister going to the new school, the entrance to the development is almost right across the street from Weddington on 84.

It also makes me chuckle that Weddington Chase, Therrel Farms and the other one just N of Newtown Rd (Skycroft?.. you know the one with big homes) will go to Marvin. Is it just me or do others feel that Marvin is full of.........well I dont know, you fill in the blanks.

Where did Prov. Glen end up? The council folks might have to vote for metal detectors and strip searches if that "element" is allowed to remain. Heck, they should do it anyway for those thugs from Hunter Oaks, like Berryjuice

For those w/o Jersey humor, I'm just joking around. Have a blessed day ya"ll

Last edited by yrgm; 04-17-2008 at 07:43 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-17-2008, 07:48 PM

7,937 posts, read 20,377,459 times
You sound like the lady in Walmart at the cold cut counter..."thank you maam and have a blessed day"..LOL...anyway, yeah but us thugs will still be going to MARVIN...neener neener...but honestly I was shocked as well I was also shocked to see Wesley Oaks and The Gardens of Wesley Oaks going to Cuthburtson as well....I guess they have to shake it up a bit....however you are right!!!!

Old 04-17-2008, 07:56 PM

810 posts, read 2,292,313 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by berryjuice4life View Post
You sound like the lady in Walmart at the cold cut counter..."thank you maam and have a blessed day"..LOL...anyway, yeah but us thugs will still be going to MARVIN...neener neener...but honestly I was shocked as well I was also shocked to see Wesley Oaks and The Gardens of Wesley Oaks going to Cuthburtson as well....I guess they have to shake it up a bit....however you are right!!!!
Yes, you do get to go to a nice school. But, you do know the kids are checking their wallets after you walk by.

Old 04-17-2008, 08:04 PM

7,937 posts, read 20,377,459 times
I guess they dont call it "MarvinRich" for nothing..I wonder though if the school board knew that is what it is considered. when they did the school assignments..

Old 04-18-2008, 06:06 AM

158 posts, read 411,583 times
Is anyone going to be attending Weddington now all theses other schools are taking inso many subdivisions?

Old 04-18-2008, 07:32 AM

293 posts, read 958,908 times
I'm in contract on a home in a subdivision that will be going to the new MS/HS "C" and I am fine with it. Actually I prefer it.
I know someone in Wesley Oaks and last year they told me they thought they might go to the new schools, so I don't think it was too much of a surprise for some of them.
As far as Weddington, they are taking some of the Sun Valley cluster, so it will probably even out for them.

Old 04-18-2008, 08:34 AM

825 posts, read 2,819,706 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by raybourne View Post
Is anyone going to be attending Weddington now all theses other schools are taking inso many subdivisions?

This list of neighborhoods is the attendance area for one new middle school and high school campus. Weddington's attendance area is mostly unaffected it would seem. Neighborhoods that feed into parts of Antioch, Weddington, New Town and Wesley Chapel Elementaries feed into Weddington Middle and High unless it's on the list.

They're getting kids from Sun Valley too.

Last edited by muffinman; 04-18-2008 at 08:49 AM..

Old 04-18-2008, 09:09 AM

175 posts, read 546,281 times
We are staying at Marvin this time around. However, most of us who lived in Marvin have switched soooooo many times already I am glad that we got a break this time around. However, all the schools are here seem to be really great and I am sure Cutherbertson schools will be just as nice as Marvin Ridge.

Old 04-18-2008, 09:46 AM

158 posts, read 411,583 times
I think the new schools are about half amile from my new home so maybe the bus ride will be short.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte