U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-19-2012, 07:05 AM

1,554 posts, read 2,921,607 times

Advertisements

Raintree reminds me of River Hills! They must have been built around the same time, possibly by the same developer? I have heard stories about what goes on in River Hills that would make your toes curl.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-19-2012, 09:31 AM

1,158 posts, read 2,311,457 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chuckles34 View Post
Raintree reminds me of River Hills! They must have been built around the same time, possibly by the same developer? I have heard stories about what goes on in River Hills that would make your toes curl.
Great advice for the OP...does not sound "good".

Old 04-19-2012, 09:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpencerMtn View Post
I own 3 houses in Raintree. In my opinion most of the houses there are high-maintenance. The construction isnt the best either. But it is about on par with construction in River Hills where I live. (River Hills is vastly over rated!)
3 houses..sounds like rentals. My original point. Again, does not sound good.

Old 04-19-2012, 03:20 PM

2,603 posts, read 4,269,878 times
Wow. This thread is ridiculous. I didn't realize how high the bar had been raised to be considered part of "acceptable" society anymore. Apparently, the teachers, firefighters, and university professors I know in this neighborhood are now "low quality" neighbors. You guys should really listen to yourselves.

Old 04-19-2012, 03:21 PM

45,270 posts, read 88,302,020 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by coped View Post
Wow. This thread is ridiculous. I didn't realize how high the bar had been raised to be considered part of "acceptable" society anymore. Apparently, the teachers, firefighters, and university professors I know in this neighborhood are now "low quality" neighbors. You guys should really listen to yourselves.
Thank you.

Like I said yesterday, plenty of people enjoy living in Raintree

Old 04-19-2012, 05:43 PM

622 posts, read 1,583,805 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesMountains View Post
Thank you.

Like I said yesterday, plenty of people enjoy living in Raintree
And most definitely River Hills. Some of the previous posters are knocking a community that they do not reside in and are making remarks that are "glittering generalities" without providing substance to their critisism. If you want to debate the topic....bring it on!

But please make it a seperate thread as it has nothing to do with the OP's request.

Old 04-19-2012, 07:24 PM

1,515 posts, read 995,998 times
Yes, they are rentals but they are nice homes & my tenants are all professionals. Are you somehow implying that people that rent are some sort of second class citizens? My rentals aren't "low income"! I also own a rental on Cramer Mountain (among others). Does that mean it's a sub-standard area in your eyes? I don't know where you live but I'd be willing to bet there are rentals there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrdkb View Post
3 houses..sounds like rentals. My original point. Again, does not sound good.

Old 04-20-2012, 03:41 PM

OK..so Raintree is great!!! OP Please move there. MY opinion though stands. You could not give me a house there.

Old 04-20-2012, 05:59 PM

75 posts, read 141,786 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by coped View Post
Glad I wasn't the only one thinking this! I read the first few posts in disbelief. I have many friends who live in Raintree and I'm impressed by the neighborhood. It is close to the Arboretum and zoned to nice schools. I recommend that the O.P. take a walk around the area or use Google Street View and see for himself whether Raintree's as shabby as some posters say it is.

Old 04-20-2012, 09:08 PM

low standards I guess
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte