U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-17-2008, 07:29 PM

21 posts, read 65,563 times

Advertisements

Hello! Can anyone tell me about the Raintree subdivision? I am really interested in a very safe neighborhood as I have 3 small girls and my hubby is gone on business a lot. Thanks so muich!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-17-2008, 08:31 PM

45,270 posts, read 88,310,401 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by janeaustengirl View Post
Hello! Can anyone tell me about the Raintree subdivision? I am really interested in a very safe neighborhood as I have 3 small girls and my hubby is gone on business a lot. Thanks so muich!!
Raintree is a very popular subdivision. People there like being able to walk to the Arboretum for shopping, movies, eating out - it is very convenient. It also has great school assignments. There is a lot to like about living there

Old 04-18-2008, 08:04 AM

2,560 posts, read 7,708,366 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by janeaustengirl View Post
We lived in Raintree years (off Four Mile Creek Rd) and loved it for the suburbs. Still a great well kept family neighborhood. You are right beside the Arboretum Shopping Center and lots of other conveniences. Schools should still be good in that area.

GOOD LUCK!

Old 04-18-2008, 08:12 AM

797 posts, read 2,979,475 times
It's in a desirable part of town. THere are some parts of it that are a bit run down as it's a very diverse neighborhood with condo's and starter homes all the way to nice brick homes on the golf course. The part that backs up to Ballantyne commons seems to be the most run down part. I cut through thay way and see houses with long grass, houses that need to be painted, boarded up windows, saw an A/C unit sticking out of some windows.

Old 04-18-2008, 08:16 AM

2,560 posts, read 7,708,366 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by travlingrlclt View Post
It's in a desirable part of town. THere are some parts of it that are a bit run down as it's a very diverse neighborhood with condo's and starter homes all the way to nice brick homes on the golf course. The part that backs up to Ballantyne commons seems to be the most run down part. I cut through thay way and see houses with long grass, houses that need to be painted, boarded up windows, saw an A/C unit sticking out of some windows.
That is sad. We left Raintree in 1996 and there were probably still more owners and less renters. That is what I personally think happens when a neighborhood has alot of rentals. Most (not all) renters do not take care of a rental property (house or condo) and your neighborhood goes down.

We have rules that strictly limit the amount of rentals (very small percentage) in our complex.

Old 04-18-2008, 11:51 AM
QCP

185 posts, read 464,588 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by travlingrlclt View Post
I agree. As a whole it is probably a bit dated (think Sea Pines @ Hilton Head Architecture), especially when compared to the surrounding developments.I think this sub-division has struggled because there is so much new development in the area, it simply has become less desirable. But, you can't beat the location. It's convenient to great shopping and restaurants, it's in a safe part of town and in a very good school district. Like you said some areas of the development are better than others, while some are kind of an eye sore for the area. Bsed on the original posters criteria, it may be a good fit.

Old 04-18-2008, 03:43 PM

2,603 posts, read 4,270,313 times
Why would an AC window-unit make you think the place was rundown? Just seems kind of a strange thing to mention.

Old 04-18-2008, 04:26 PM

45,270 posts, read 88,310,401 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by coped View Post
Why would an AC window-unit make you think the place was rundown? Just seems kind of a strange thing to mention.
These are generally not seen in your more upscale neighborhoods - it's kind of unsightly.

Old 04-18-2008, 05:01 PM

797 posts, read 2,979,475 times
Almost all HOA's don't allow window units. I'd bet Raintree doesn't even allow them.

Old 04-18-2008, 06:48 PM

21 posts, read 65,563 times
Thanks so much for all the feedback!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte