U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 04-20-2008, 12:43 PM
 
125 posts, read 458,984 times
Reputation: 41

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by anifani821 View Post
Just curious, Lemur. Have you been to Charlotte yet?
Yep, many times
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 04-20-2008, 01:00 PM
 
7,104 posts, read 9,697,599 times
Reputation: 2564
Default On the subject of "Screening"

I got screwed big time earliar this year (Just evicted the tenant a week ago Friday) by a tenant that actually got help from a city agency! Without going into the gory details this woman (the renter) was living in a city housing shelter. There was an issue of child abuse. She had a live-in BF that was not disclosed.

How did she screw me? The city agency pull the PRIVACY CARD! Later on I found out I was not entitled to know these issues and she was protected by the city. I fell for her act with 13 years of experience. Shame on me.

Sorry to divert but I thought I'd show The Flaws Of Screening in the year 2008.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-20-2008, 01:08 PM
 
125 posts, read 458,984 times
Reputation: 41
Quote:
Originally Posted by johne482 View Post
I got screwed big time earliar this year (Just evicted the tenant a week ago Friday) by a tenant that actually got help from a city agency! Without going into the gory details this woman (the renter) was living in a city housing shelter. There was an issue of child abuse. She had a live-in BF that was not disclosed.

How did she screw me? The city agency pull the PRIVACY CARD! Later on I found out I was not entitled to know these issues and she was protected by the city. I fell for her act with 13 years of experience. Shame on me.

Sorry to divert but I thought I'd show The Flaws Of Screening in the year 2008.
John, what prompted you to being the eviction process? What did you actually do incorrectly?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-20-2008, 01:14 PM
 
7,104 posts, read 9,697,599 times
Reputation: 2564
Quote:
Originally Posted by theLemur View Post
John, what prompted you to being the eviction process? What did you actually do incorrectly?
I'll answer that in a word and then perhaps we should take this to DM at a later time.

SCREENING. I let my guard down and got lazy. Annoyed to no end about it. Re-rentered the apt. yesterday to a lovely couple that couldn't believe what I was putting them thru.

Since this is not Charlotte it might be off topic. Apologies to the Mod.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-20-2008, 01:29 PM
 
Location: Way up high
14,115 posts, read 20,816,661 times
Reputation: 14390
Type of community my brother was getting into?? Try townhouses that started at 180K. Obviously much higher and a better type of community than your 40-60K range.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-20-2008, 01:35 PM
 
Location: Way up high
14,115 posts, read 20,816,661 times
Reputation: 14390
Loves-Agree 100%. When my brother questioned these women on what do they do for work their response was "I don't. The government pays for me". She then explained she gets $1500 a month per child hence the 6 (or 8 as her sister had). Let me also clarify that they were under 30 both. Nice huh?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-20-2008, 01:44 PM
 
Location: Noth Caccalacca
5,553 posts, read 6,668,458 times
Reputation: 4837
Quote:
Originally Posted by himain View Post
Loves-Agree 100%. When my brother questioned these women on what do they do for work their response was "I don't. The government pays for me". She then explained she gets $1500 a month per child hence the 6 (or 8 as her sister had). Let me also clarify that they were under 30 both. Nice huh?
himain - When I read of situations like that, it makes me think that "spaying and neutering" should not be limited to just pets!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-20-2008, 01:46 PM
 
Location: State of Being
35,885 posts, read 67,009,663 times
Reputation: 22370
Quote:
Originally Posted by johne482 View Post
I'll answer that in a word and then perhaps we should take this to DM at a later time.

SCREENING. I let my guard down and got lazy. Annoyed to no end about it. Re-rentered the apt. yesterday to a lovely couple that couldn't believe what I was putting them thru.

Since this is not Charlotte it might be off topic. Apologies to the Mod.
Even if you are not in CLT, the info is valuable to anyone in property management or real estate investment. I am certainly learning here.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-20-2008, 01:46 PM
 
Location: Way up high
14,115 posts, read 20,816,661 times
Reputation: 14390
LOL Em-I agree 100%. You know just because you have the ability to and give life, it doesn't mean every woman should.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-20-2008, 02:00 PM
 
125 posts, read 458,984 times
Reputation: 41
Quote:
Originally Posted by himain View Post
Type of community my brother was getting into?? Try townhouses that started at 180K. Obviously much higher and a better type of community than your 40-60K range.
Well then that was unfortunate. It's good that things are back to normal there.

One thing that people may not be aware of is that accepting a section 8 tenant is not always a choice. You can find yourself in serious legal trouble if you deny an applicant solely because they receive section 8 assistance.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:



Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
View detailed profiles of:
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 11:57 PM.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top